Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Petrol Mowers and Brushcutters 17:23 - Mar 23 with 766 viewsChondzoresk

Any glowing recommendations from anyone please? Not a huge garden, but enough to keep me busy. Don’t want a cheap ones either...thanks guys.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2021 17:24]
Petrol Mowers and Brushcutters on 17:30 - Mar 23 with 741 viewsWeWereZombies

I have a large garden (one and a third acre) but have stepped back from going the full brushcutter route. Just rely on a combination of loppers, shears, secateurs, bow saw, hedge trimmer and rechargeable battery powered strimmer. But the latter two are Stihl. After a succession of own brand disasters driven by my misguided stinginess I won't touch any other brand.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Petrol Mowers and Brushcutters on 17:31 - Mar 23 with 731 viewsBasuco

Suffolk punch have a good range of very good mowers.
Petrol Mowers and Brushcutters on 17:56 - Mar 23 with 711 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Toro mowers, mine is a 3 in 1, basically will mulch, chuck the clippings out of the side or collect in a box. Retail around £650-700. Shop around and you,ll get one for about £500.
Mine gets a lot of stick for 6 months of the year as i use it for business.
Tanaka do decent strimmers/brushcutters/hedge cutters with easily adjustable heads. They are lighter than Stihl and a bit cheaper. Paid about £300 for the strimmer plus £250 for the hedge cutter attachment. I am led to believe Hitachi are taking on the Tanaka brand so best to check that out.
Hope that's of help to you.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Petrol Mowers and Brushcutters on 18:29 - Mar 23 with 687 viewsfactual_blue

You can't go wrong with the HUSQVARNA Z560X.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Petrol Mowers and Brushcutters on 18:42 - Mar 23 with 677 viewsDurovigutum

Petrol Mowers and Brushcutters on 17:56 - Mar 23 by StochesStotasBlewe

Toro mowers, mine is a 3 in 1, basically will mulch, chuck the clippings out of the side or collect in a box. Retail around £650-700. Shop around and you,ll get one for about £500.
Tanaka do decent strimmers/brushcutters/hedge cutters with easily adjustable heads. They are lighter than Stihl and a bit cheaper. Paid about £300 for the strimmer plus £250 for the hedge cutter attachment. I am led to believe Hitachi are taking on the Tanaka brand so best to check that out.

Whatever brand you choose I second the advantage of one that has an option to box the clippings or mulch them. The first few mows and the last of the year you box, but mulching turns a once a week cut into a ten minute job tips, when a box cut is 30.
Petrol Mowers and Brushcutters on 19:34 - Mar 23 with 649 viewsblueprint

Husqvarna or Stihl for brush cutters, Honda or Toro for mowers.
Petrol Mowers and Brushcutters on 19:38 - Mar 23 with 645 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Petrol Mowers and Brushcutters on 17:56 - Mar 23 by StochesStotasBlewe

If you are anywhere near St Helens there is a Toro 55cm recycler mower (year old) starting bid £175.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Petrol Mowers and Brushcutters on 19:41 - Mar 23 with 640 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Petrol Mowers and Brushcutters on 19:34 - Mar 23 by blueprint

Husqvarna or Stihl for brush cutters, Honda or Toro for mowers.

Was going to say Honda too.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

Petrol Mowers and Brushcutters on 06:45 - Mar 24 with 566 viewsChondzoresk

Thank you all for your advice. Food for thought.
Petrol Mowers and Brushcutters on 06:50 - Mar 24 with 553 viewschrismakin

Hayter Mowers are superb,

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024