Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Jackson Dilemma... 17:22 - May 10 with 508 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I get that we are (if the consensus is correct) trying to hold on to Jackson to get a fee.

But I wonder what a year's worth of wages is for him if we don't.

No one is going to want him (surely!) at £1.6million on current form, especially as so many on here seem keen to remind us all that the market is going to be awash with out of contract talent after these last two Covid damaged seasons.

I like Jackson's pace and ability to chase lost causes, but he's been pretty poor this season, I wouldv'e thought no one is going to risk more than around the £300k mark for him.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

The Jackson Dilemma... on 17:29 - May 10 with 455 viewsSpruceMoose

May I ask, why is your profile picture a burning American flag?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The Jackson Dilemma... on 17:29 - May 10 with 455 viewsWD19

If we sell him then we will only need to pay his wages for a month or two. So basically if, going by your maths, we flogged him for £300k then we will still be much more than quarter of a million quid better off.
The Jackson Dilemma... on 17:30 - May 10 with 453 viewsHARRY10

why the new thread ?

I get that we paid a fee for Jackson and Donacien by groovyASH 10 May 2021 16:43
But if we have only activated their additional years to try and get a fee, it is flawed thinking. There will be dozens of free agent options at right back of at least equal quality to Donacien for clubs who might want someone like him to sign.

Equally, who the hell is going to part money for Jackson after the appalling season he has just had? Rubbish goal return but worse than that, he was ineffective for most of the season and offered no striker qualities bar a bit of aimless pace.

Don't get it, when we can afford the quick clean breaks we need for players of this ilk

The Jackson Dilemma... on 17:57 - May 10 with 365 viewsGeorge03

I don't know the wages he is on but imagine they are mid/low range, considering he signed from league two and then had a 50% pay cut.

Personally is there anyone else out there that we could get that would be a better option for similar wages.
He offers a decent pace option from the bench and can score goals now and then, although we haven’t seen it recently.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024