Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting piece on the importance of confidence in football 12:39 - May 27 with 724 viewsSteve_M

Worth bearing in mind for all those who want to bin every single player we have, even if the article does stray into some odder territory at times:

Once fear has hijacked a player’s thought process, every situation is classified as high threat. When they assess what’s at stake, they catastrophise — for example, a goalkeeper who is receiving a backpass with strikers charging towards them visualises a mistake leading to a goal.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/may/27/importance-of-confidence-in-foo

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Interesting piece on the importance of confidence in football on 12:41 - May 27 with 704 viewsMrTown

Why is this worth bearing in mind when wanting to bin off players?

They have failed two years in League 1, they have had their opportunities, and failed to deliver.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Interesting piece on the importance of confidence in football on 13:04 - May 27 with 647 viewsEwan_Oozami

Interesting piece on the importance of confidence in football on 12:41 - May 27 by MrTown

They have failed two years in League 1, they have had their opportunities, and failed to deliver.

The question you should be asking though is, why have they failed?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Interesting piece on the importance of confidence in football on 13:21 - May 27 with 615 viewsHerbivore

Very interesting read that, thanks for sharing. It is indeed well worth bearing in mind for those so enthusiastic about binning off our entire squad.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Interesting piece on the importance of confidence in football on 15:16 - May 27 with 545 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Interesting piece on the importance of confidence in football on 13:04 - May 27 by Ewan_Oozami

The question you should be asking though is, why have they failed?

I'd say four managers in 3 years is part of the problem we have had.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Interesting piece on the importance of confidence in football on 15:20 - May 27 with 541 viewsclive_baker

Couldn't agree more with this. Amazing what a bit of confidence and having some smoke blown up a player can do, vs. operating in a toxic environment where they're afraid to make a mistake. Don't get me wrong, we need good players, but I won't have anyone tell me the likes of Downes, Woolfenden, KVY etc can't be successful at this level (or the one above for that matter).

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Interesting piece on the importance of confidence in football on 15:25 - May 27 with 513 viewsHerbivore

Interesting piece on the importance of confidence in football on 15:16 - May 27 by BlueWorldOrder

Think the bigger issue wasn't so much the number of managers as their ability. Hurst and Lambert were a disaster.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Interesting piece on the importance of confidence in football on 15:37 - May 27 with 495 viewsBlueBadger

Interesting piece on the importance of confidence in football on 12:41 - May 27 by MrTown

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Interesting piece on the importance of confidence in football on 15:38 - May 27 with 487 viewsBlueBadger

Interesting piece on the importance of confidence in football on 15:16 - May 27 by BlueWorldOrder

This is most tenuous 'it's Mick's fault' we've had in quite a while, well played.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting piece on the importance of confidence in football on 15:46 - May 27 with 469 viewsBlueBadger

Interesting piece on the importance of confidence in football on 13:21 - May 27 by Herbivore

Very interesting read that, thanks for sharing. It is indeed well worth bearing in mind for those so enthusiastic about binning off our entire squad.

I've just worked out that a venn diagram of the most enthusiastic about binning off the entire squad and the people crying loudest about there having been no signings yet, despite the season not actually being finished yet basically looks like this:

[Post edited 27 May 2021 15:47]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024