Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Talking of scum... 10:25 - Jun 8 with 761 viewsbluelagos

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-57399170

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Talking of scum... on 10:34 - Jun 8 with 686 viewsfactual_blue

He's got himself a one-third reduction in his sentence by entering a guilty plea at the first stage of proceedings.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Talking of scum... on 10:48 - Jun 8 with 616 viewsFtnfwest

Talking of scum... on 10:34 - Jun 8 by factual_blue

He's got himself a one-third reduction in his sentence by entering a guilty plea at the first stage of proceedings.

i'm presuming from that article that he hasn't admitted to murder at this stage?
Talking of scum... on 11:05 - Jun 8 with 570 viewsclive_baker

A part of me was hoping she was killed prior to the kidnap. I was hoping it might've been a blow to the head or something. What must've been going through her mind as she was on that journey down to Kent just doesn't bare thinking about.

I hope he has a very miserable existence in prison.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Talking of scum... on 11:09 - Jun 8 with 558 viewsfactual_blue

Talking of scum... on 10:48 - Jun 8 by Ftnfwest

i'm presuming from that article that he hasn't admitted to murder at this stage?

I think that's the case. Perhaps waiting to see the evidence against him. As a copper he presumably knows how this stuff works.

Edit - he's admitted being responsible for her death, No plea entered as they waiting for medical reports, presumably on him. That suggests to me he's pinning his hopes on being able to lodge a plea of guilty to a manslaughter charge on grounds of diminished responsibility. He'd probably have several mitigating factors in his favour in this set of circumstances - good character (assuming he'd an unblemished record as a copper; remorse (inferred from a guilty plea); lack of previous convictions (inferred from being a copper).

I'm only the messenger - read the sentencing guidelines. I have no view on how appropriate or moral any of this is.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2021 18:00]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Talking of scum... on 11:12 - Jun 8 with 537 viewsSwansea_Blue

Talking of scum... on 11:05 - Jun 8 by clive_baker

A part of me was hoping she was killed prior to the kidnap. I was hoping it might've been a blow to the head or something. What must've been going through her mind as she was on that journey down to Kent just doesn't bare thinking about.

I hope he has a very miserable existence in prison.

Awful isn't it. I'm sure as a former policeman he'll be well looked after inside by his fellow inmates.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024