Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terry Venables’ documentary, ‘A man can dream’ 18:14 - Jul 4 with 1846 viewsChrisd

On Sky Documentaries is a really good watch if you are at a loose end, lots of footage linked to Euro ‘96. Always got the impression he’d be a good manager to play for.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Terry Venables’ documentary, ‘A man can dream’ on 21:22 - Jul 4 with 1702 viewsFixed_It

Cheers. Just watched it.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Terry Venables’ documentary, ‘A man can dream’ on 08:40 - Jul 5 with 1583 viewsElephantintheRoom

A good few years back I was enjoying a liquid lunch in a wine bar near Harrods with my business partner at the time. He was regaling me with stories about how, years previously he'd be drinking in this establishment at lunchtime at got chatting with Venables who enjoyed a bottle or two and their subsequent regular chats about subjects not anything to do with football.

I took all this with a bucket of salt - until as we left I noticed Venables at a corner table with a crowd of acolytes. Venables leapt to his feet, rushed over and greeted Martin like a long lost friend. It was quite impressive - and he came across as a genuinely nice bloke.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Terry Venables’ documentary, ‘A man can dream’ on 09:07 - Jul 5 with 1562 viewsclive_baker

Quite the crooner too

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Terry Venables’ documentary, ‘A man can dream’ on 09:41 - Jul 5 with 1525 viewsRadlett_blue

Terry Venables’ documentary, ‘A man can dream’ on 08:40 - Jul 5 by ElephantintheRoom

A good few years back I was enjoying a liquid lunch in a wine bar near Harrods with my business partner at the time. He was regaling me with stories about how, years previously he'd be drinking in this establishment at lunchtime at got chatting with Venables who enjoyed a bottle or two and their subsequent regular chats about subjects not anything to do with football.

I took all this with a bucket of salt - until as we left I noticed Venables at a corner table with a crowd of acolytes. Venables leapt to his feet, rushed over and greeted Martin like a long lost friend. It was quite impressive - and he came across as a genuinely nice bloke.

Mrs Radlett used to work for Associated Newspapers & a few colleagues were members of Scribes West, Venables's nearby drinking club on Kensington High Street. She said he was regularly there & described Tel as "charming".

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Terry Venables’ documentary, ‘A man can dream’ on 09:50 - Jul 5 with 1510 viewsLord_Lucan

Terry Venables’ documentary, ‘A man can dream’ on 09:41 - Jul 5 by Radlett_blue

Mrs Radlett used to work for Associated Newspapers & a few colleagues were members of Scribes West, Venables's nearby drinking club on Kensington High Street. She said he was regularly there & described Tel as "charming".

Crossing over with another thread, he also co wrote Hazell.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Terry Venables’ documentary, ‘A man can dream’ on 13:02 - Jul 5 with 1425 viewsChrisd

Terry Venables’ documentary, ‘A man can dream’ on 09:50 - Jul 5 by Lord_Lucan

Crossing over with another thread, he also co wrote Hazell.

That's covered in this documentary too. He could turn his hand to most things, how did he have the time?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024