Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC news home page, Guardian front page: 15:33 - Aug 10 with 1908 viewsNthQldITFC

One day after the release of the most important scientific / political report ever, and there's barely a trace of it left on the front pages of even these two institutions.

Have we just given up?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 15:39 - Aug 10 with 1833 viewsbluelagos

IPCC currently trending in 5th place behind a love island participant called Priya.

So yeah, seems like it.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 15:41 - Aug 10 with 1815 viewslongtimefan

Front pages are news of the day, and it was all over the BBC website front page yesterday. It’s now all over the Science top page instead.
BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 15:42 - Aug 10 with 1808 viewseireblue

There are three stories about Messi on the BBC front page.

Something has to make way.
BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 15:48 - Aug 10 with 1772 viewsbluelagos

BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 15:42 - Aug 10 by eireblue

There are three stories about Messi on the BBC front page.

Something has to make way.

You got the Alpaca story?

BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 18:43 - Aug 10 with 1531 viewsMerseyBlue

It does seem so. Nobody seems to have any urgency to take the bold strokes required to combat this. As harrowing as the reports were on last night's news on BBC and ITV, it feels like we're split between those that don't believe it, and the rest of us that do but aren't doing enough to change things. I definitely include myself in that because I know that for all the steps I take, if I really want to be part of the solution I need to change to a plant-based diet, replace my car with an electric, get solar panels fitted etc. etc. etc. We've all got to make big sacrifices and time is running out.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2021 18:44]

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 18:50 - Aug 10 with 1496 viewsbluelagos

BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 18:43 - Aug 10 by MerseyBlue

It does seem so. Nobody seems to have any urgency to take the bold strokes required to combat this. As harrowing as the reports were on last night's news on BBC and ITV, it feels like we're split between those that don't believe it, and the rest of us that do but aren't doing enough to change things. I definitely include myself in that because I know that for all the steps I take, if I really want to be part of the solution I need to change to a plant-based diet, replace my car with an electric, get solar panels fitted etc. etc. etc. We've all got to make big sacrifices and time is running out.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2021 18:44]

Leaving it to Jo public is a recipe for failure imho. Why the banning of petrol vehicles was so important - forced the manufacturers hand in investing in EVs and their development.

Need similar approach to travel, diets, heating, power gen etc. Jo public will opt for cheapest rather than greenest options 95% of the time which won't cut it...

BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 18:54 - Aug 10 with 1478 viewsMerseyBlue

BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 18:50 - Aug 10 by bluelagos

Leaving it to Jo public is a recipe for failure imho. Why the banning of petrol vehicles was so important - forced the manufacturers hand in investing in EVs and their development.

Need similar approach to travel, diets, heating, power gen etc. Jo public will opt for cheapest rather than greenest options 95% of the time which won't cut it...

Yeah it's got to come from above to be consistently applied en masse absolutely. It wouldn't hurt any of us to take some initiative as well though, in fact it could help to apply some more pressure on the situation. Not sure though, governments should have taken robust action long ago so I don't have much confidence that they'll do the necessary now when things are already starting to get out of hand.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 18:58 - Aug 10 with 1465 viewssolomon

BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 18:50 - Aug 10 by bluelagos

Thing is we will still have petrol and diesel well past 2030 as it’s not an outright immediate ban in 2030, can we really afford to do this? More needs to be done to get everyone in an EV before 2030 in my opinion.
Login to get fewer ads

BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 19:02 - Aug 10 with 1453 viewsdominiciawful

BBC homepage contains so much sh!te these days.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 19:05 - Aug 10 with 1436 viewsDanTheMan

BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 18:58 - Aug 10 by solomon

Thing is we will still have petrol and diesel well past 2030 as it’s not an outright immediate ban in 2030, can we really afford to do this? More needs to be done to get everyone in an EV before 2030 in my opinion.

The slightly more pertinent question is can we afford not to?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 19:19 - Aug 10 with 1380 viewseireblue

BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 15:48 - Aug 10 by bluelagos

You got the Alpaca story?

Yep. Ridiculous.

If it is good enough for one mammal should be good for all mammals.

That would sort Covid out, or be good for Alpacas, and cows.
BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 19:57 - Aug 10 with 1310 viewsLord_Lucan

Given up on what?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 06:08 - Aug 11 with 1166 viewssolomon

BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 19:05 - Aug 10 by DanTheMan

The slightly more pertinent question is can we afford not to?

The simple answer is no.

I’m still utterly perplexed by the amount of people who reject climate change, I’m pretty certain most of them believe we never landed on the moon, the world is flat and they’ve seen Bigfoot in Thetford forest.
BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 07:09 - Aug 11 with 1096 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 18:58 - Aug 10 by solomon

Speaking as someone who relies on circa £800 diesel vans, it looks like I will have to garden by horse and cart then!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 07:20 - Aug 11 with 1076 viewsWeWereZombies

BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 07:09 - Aug 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Speaking as someone who relies on circa £800 diesel vans, it looks like I will have to garden by horse and cart then!

If everyone switched to horses we would have a methane problem, but plenty of rich fertiliser.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 07:26 - Aug 11 with 1066 viewssolomon

BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 07:09 - Aug 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

I’m sure by 2030 there will be used commercial EV’s, it’s wanting to change that’s half the battle.
BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 07:27 - Aug 11 with 1063 viewsbluelagos

BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 07:20 - Aug 11 by WeWereZombies

If everyone switched to horses we would have a methane problem, but plenty of rich fertiliser.

Imagine all the horse sh1t on the roads?

Dog walkers get fined if they leave their poo on a path. Why are horses allowed to sh1t everywhere, without a care in the world for two wheeled road users?

Clear it up or make em wear nappies.

BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 07:36 - Aug 11 with 1041 viewsWeWereZombies

BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 07:27 - Aug 11 by bluelagos

Imagine all the horse sh1t on the roads?

Dog walkers get fined if they leave their poo on a path. Why are horses allowed to sh1t everywhere, without a care in the world for two wheeled road users?

Clear it up or make em wear nappies.

If think the issue with dog excrement is that it can harbour a particularly nasty parasite:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/toxocariasis/#:~:text=Toxocariasis%20is%20a%20rare

But you can try putting nappies on the horses if you want to, just expect some kickback...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 07:47 - Aug 11 with 1020 viewsbluelagos

BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 07:36 - Aug 11 by WeWereZombies

If think the issue with dog excrement is that it can harbour a particularly nasty parasite:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/toxocariasis/#:~:text=Toxocariasis%20is%20a%20rare

But you can try putting nappies on the horses if you want to, just expect some kickback...

Has to be easier than shoveling it up doesn't it? Think I could be onto something here.

This time next year Rodders...

BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 07:55 - Aug 11 with 1005 viewsMerseyBlue

BBC news home page, Guardian front page: on 07:36 - Aug 11 by WeWereZombies

A childhood friend of mine back in the home counties used to call himself the "Horse Sh1t Hurler". He was pretty unpopular with most of the adults in the village and I avoided high fives with him at all cost.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024