Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cameron Humphreys 09:56 - Aug 16 with 810 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

A lot of people say we need another CM, whilst I get that's maybe for an experienced back up, I think Humphreys is good enough to be the 3rd choice CM from what I've seen of him.

Technically he's good enough, off the ball he doesn't look out of place etc, but he does need to fill out a bit more but that will come over the next few years.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Cameron Humphreys on 10:04 - Aug 16 with 736 viewsSomethingBlue

The lad is 17, if we lose Evans or Harper for a few months we are not going up with him playing 25 games straight in there — we just are not, much as it'd be lovely. He looks a talent but let's not apply unrealistic pressure. Hopefully we can phase him in and out off the bench at appropriate times. Another good midfield option is the massive priority now.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2021 10:05]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Cameron Humphreys on 10:06 - Aug 16 with 703 viewsTractorCam

Hell no, whilst he looked good in a pre-season match against Palace and against a Newport youth team it's way too early to expect him to fill in loads of League One games. He was off the pace at Colchester. Needs time to develop. The order in my opinion should be:

Harper + Evans
New signing
El Mizouni (fringe/u23s)
Humphreys (u23s)

Edit: Not 100% sure but thought his main position was a winger anyway.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2021 10:06]

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Cameron Humphreys on 10:07 - Aug 16 with 677 viewsitfcsuth

I think it difficult to expect too much of him. Has so long to go, especially physically.

I think El Mizouni is a good option alongside Evans or Harper, but another physical presence as an option in there would complete the squad for me.

I'm not what is happening with Nolan.
Cameron Humphreys on 11:00 - Aug 16 with 498 viewsDarth_Koont

Cameron Humphreys on 10:04 - Aug 16 by SomethingBlue

The lad is 17, if we lose Evans or Harper for a few months we are not going up with him playing 25 games straight in there — we just are not, much as it'd be lovely. He looks a talent but let's not apply unrealistic pressure. Hopefully we can phase him in and out off the bench at appropriate times. Another good midfield option is the massive priority now.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2021 10:05]

Agree with that – even as a massive fan of Humphreys.

Think he’ll be a good asset covering FLT games and as a great utility player from time to time on the bench as he can cover CM and pretty much the entire left-hand side. But I’d expect making the step up to U23s would be the more valuable focus for his development.

We have Nolan and El Miz as senior cover.

Pronouns: He/Him

Cameron Humphreys on 11:01 - Aug 16 with 489 viewsTractorCam

Cameron Humphreys on 11:00 - Aug 16 by Darth_Koont

Agree with that – even as a massive fan of Humphreys.

Think he’ll be a good asset covering FLT games and as a great utility player from time to time on the bench as he can cover CM and pretty much the entire left-hand side. But I’d expect making the step up to U23s would be the more valuable focus for his development.

We have Nolan and El Miz as senior cover.

I keep forgetting about 'ginger messi'

Wonder how many games he will get this season?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Cameron Humphreys on 11:06 - Aug 16 with 465 viewsDarth_Koont

Cameron Humphreys on 11:01 - Aug 16 by TractorCam

Probably a lot fewer if Carroll comes in!

But Nolan and El Miz are also cover for more attacking midfielders like Fraser so who knows?

Also remains to be seen if the past three years have permanently damaged him or whether in the right team he can get back to being the late-arriving, goal-scoring midfielder he was at Shrewsbury.

Pronouns: He/Him

Cameron Humphreys on 11:09 - Aug 16 with 443 viewsjayessess

Cameron Humphreys on 11:01 - Aug 16 by TractorCam

Can't imagine many - we're clearly targeting a 3rd choice midfielder (Tom Carroll it seems!).

People talk about not being able to rely on Norwood's fitness, but he's been available for way more games than Nolan over the past 2 seasons and it's not like Nolan's looked irreplaceable when he has played. Personally, I'd try and move him on if at all possible...

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024