Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ITFC women 11:44 - Aug 26 with 1095 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Is this also under the same ownership as the men's team? I presume that GameChanger investment has enabled them to go professional. Women's football is much better supported in the US than here. I wonder how much GameChanger are anticipating the women's game to take off over here too. I wonder what potential there is for income at the top level if it were to do so.

Or is it nothing to do with GameChanger at all?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

ITFC women on 12:02 - Aug 26 with 1063 viewsPhilTWTD

It will have something to do with it as I doubt the money would have been found to take players on on a pro basis under the old ownership. The players who have been signed are the ones who there has been some interest in from elsewhere - I think Spurs were interested in Sophie Peskett, for example - so the club is protecting its position by taking them on on pro terms.
ITFC women on 12:30 - Aug 26 with 1003 viewsIllinoisblue

ITFC women on 12:02 - Aug 26 by PhilTWTD

It will have something to do with it as I doubt the money would have been found to take players on on a pro basis under the old ownership. The players who have been signed are the ones who there has been some interest in from elsewhere - I think Spurs were interested in Sophie Peskett, for example - so the club is protecting its position by taking them on on pro terms.

Presumably the next step is to get the team to play in Ipswich rather than Felixstowe. Though given how bad the pitch cuts up, assume it won’t be at Portman Rd

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

ITFC women on 12:32 - Aug 26 with 1003 viewsPhilTWTD

ITFC women on 12:30 - Aug 26 by Illinoisblue

Presumably the next step is to get the team to play in Ipswich rather than Felixstowe. Though given how bad the pitch cuts up, assume it won’t be at Portman Rd

I think the plan is that once the pitch is sorted next summer they will play the odd game at Portman Road but I don't think it'll become their regular venue.
ITFC women on 12:53 - Aug 26 with 930 viewsPinewoodblue

ITFC women on 12:02 - Aug 26 by PhilTWTD

Also playing in a higher league so guess players on pro contracts are more the norm.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

ITFC women on 14:57 - Aug 26 with 792 viewsNthsuffolkblue

ITFC women on 12:53 - Aug 26 by Pinewoodblue

Also playing in a higher league so guess players on pro contracts are more the norm.

I would be interested to know how much it is the norm in that league and whether they would have been able to fund it without GameChanger.

ITFC women on 15:03 - Aug 26 with 775 viewstractorboy1978

ITFC women on 14:57 - Aug 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

I would be interested to know how much it is the norm in that league and whether they would have been able to fund it without GameChanger.

Definitely not the norm. I don't believe any other clubs in that league have pros.
ITFC women on 15:25 - Aug 26 with 730 viewsFreddies_Ears

ITFC women on 12:32 - Aug 26 by PhilTWTD

I think the plan is that once the pitch is sorted next summer they will play the odd game at Portman Road but I don't think it'll become their regular venue.

Early and late season games should be at Portman Road once we have the new pitch. Oct-Mar, the pitch gets very little sunlight. (It is one of the least sunny pitches in the country, due to the height of the West stand and it's proximity to the pitch).
ITFC women on 15:29 - Aug 26 with 717 viewsNthsuffolkblue

ITFC women on 15:25 - Aug 26 by Freddies_Ears

Early and late season games should be at Portman Road once we have the new pitch. Oct-Mar, the pitch gets very little sunlight. (It is one of the least sunny pitches in the country, due to the height of the West stand and it's proximity to the pitch).

There must be a solution to the light problem through either a clear roof, artificial lighting (they do use that sometimes don't they?) or some other combination. A solar powered automated mirror system might be an option?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024