Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Out managed 21:00 - Sep 11 with 770 viewsChocorange

Today was out thought by Evatt .

Evatt picked out where our weakness was and also had inside knowledge of how Cook likes his teams to play through his time playing and captaining for Cook at Chesterfield.

He knew where the weakness in the system was and exploited it , while Cook did nothing to counteract it .

Also what was said by Cook at half time ? We were behind at the break and yet we came out and we were much poorer second half ?

Out managed and out thought.

Out managed on 21:04 - Sep 11 with 729 viewstractorshark

Cook was out-managed at Cheltenham.
That was more worrying because we could all see we were sleep walking towards defeat.
Out managed on 21:40 - Sep 11 with 640 viewsIllinoisblue

I’ve seen nothing whatsoever from Cook that he’s the man to turn this around. And I’m sick of hearing about players’ fitness or lack thereof. They’re professional athletes ffs. How come other clubs just get on with things while we do nothing but implode and churn out excuses. The banter era will never end.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Out managed on 21:56 - Sep 11 with 582 viewschrismakin

My concern from today was what exactly have we been doing in training the last 2 weeks

PC said Fraser was out on Wednesday and it upset the balance.. what balance? Chaplin has played the 10 this season, or was the plan again to put Fraser wide which would have made it even more unbalanced anyway.

None of our phases of play today had the look of things we'd worked on, there was no fluidity in our attack or understanding of where to run after we've played the ball.

Our fullbacks go high, our midfield doesn't move with it,

The PC teams of old fill the box, 1 striker, the 10, the wideman at the back post and one of the CM's take up position outside the box when a ball is whipped in.. We don't do this..
If the fullback is forward and takes the ball on, the player on the side with him drops so not to leave an opportunity for a counter.. we don't do this either

It's simple PC tactics of his Wigan/Pompy days, but we're not doing it. If I can see it, he should and he should question what is happening and why.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Out managed on 09:38 - Sep 12 with 334 viewsEireannach_gorm

Out managed on 21:56 - Sep 11 by chrismakin

My concern from today was what exactly have we been doing in training the last 2 weeks

PC said Fraser was out on Wednesday and it upset the balance.. what balance? Chaplin has played the 10 this season, or was the plan again to put Fraser wide which would have made it even more unbalanced anyway.

None of our phases of play today had the look of things we'd worked on, there was no fluidity in our attack or understanding of where to run after we've played the ball.

Our fullbacks go high, our midfield doesn't move with it,

The PC teams of old fill the box, 1 striker, the 10, the wideman at the back post and one of the CM's take up position outside the box when a ball is whipped in.. We don't do this..
If the fullback is forward and takes the ball on, the player on the side with him drops so not to leave an opportunity for a counter.. we don't do this either

It's simple PC tactics of his Wigan/Pompy days, but we're not doing it. If I can see it, he should and he should question what is happening and why.

He's the manager and I am beginning to question his guidance at this point. I do not believe the players are not doing what they are instructed. He has the credentials so what is going on?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024