Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good to see ITFC supporting Black History Month 16:32 - Oct 1 with 1346 viewsSteve_M

I'm sure all of our fans can get behind this.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Good to see ITFC supporting Black History Month on 16:37 - Oct 1 with 1311 viewsBurns7

We should do a Dalian Atkinson award for outstanding contributions by our black players over the years.
Good to see ITFC supporting Black History Month on 16:40 - Oct 1 with 1313 viewsFBI

They should add this bona fide Town trailblazer to that image, great as it is. Can't have been easy back then.

As for you young whippersnappers, you'll have to Google it :-D

http://images.ctfassets.net/pjshm78m9jt4/116973_header/41ab9d5854b9d5bd536edd9ec
[Post edited 1 Oct 2021 16:46]

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

Good to see ITFC supporting Black History Month on 16:51 - Oct 1 with 1255 viewsPhilTWTD

Good to see ITFC supporting Black History Month on 16:40 - Oct 1 by FBI

They should add this bona fide Town trailblazer to that image, great as it is. Can't have been easy back then.

http://images.ctfassets.net/pjshm78m9jt4/116973_header/41ab9d5854b9d5bd536edd9ec

I know they are planning to do something on black players from that era, was speaking to someone at the club about it the other day.
Good to see ITFC supporting Black History Month on 16:53 - Oct 1 with 1241 viewsFBI

Good to see ITFC supporting Black History Month on 16:51 - Oct 1 by PhilTWTD

I know they are planning to do something on black players from that era, was speaking to someone at the club about it the other day.

Excellent. I don't think Johnny ever got as much mention as, say, Clyde Best at West Ham. Possibly because of that other team he also played for :-)

Good to see ITFC supporting Black History Month on 16:55 - Oct 1 with 1232 viewsPhilTWTD

Good to see ITFC supporting Black History Month on 16:53 - Oct 1 by FBI

Excellent. I don't think Johnny ever got as much mention as, say, Clyde Best at West Ham. Possibly because of that other team he also played for :-)

Maybe! Used to be at the ex-players' dinners each year and I was privileged to meet him and speak to him for Life's a Pitch at one of them.
Good to see ITFC supporting Black History Month on 21:32 - Oct 1 with 1022 viewsBluespeed225

Deffo', a Whitton lad too.
Good to see ITFC supporting Black History Month on 09:57 - Oct 2 with 864 viewsHighgateBlue

And let's not forget our two Dutch maestros, who both won player of the year. No, not Muhren and Thijssen of course, but Zondervan and Wilnis. Club greats whose contribution should always be remembered, but especially in this context.
Good to see ITFC supporting Black History Month on 10:51 - Oct 2 with 812 viewsRyorry

Good to see ITFC supporting Black History Month on 09:57 - Oct 2 by HighgateBlue

And let's not forget our two Dutch maestros, who both won player of the year. No, not Muhren and Thijssen of course, but Zondervan and Wilnis. Club greats whose contribution should always be remembered, but especially in this context.

Ah Wilnis, I'll never forget his goal for us against Manu in our opening game in the Prem - gave us the confidence that really set us up for that stunning season.

Fab!
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 10:52]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Good to see ITFC supporting Black History Month on 11:22 - Oct 2 with 777 viewsHighgateBlue

Good to see ITFC supporting Black History Month on 10:51 - Oct 2 by Ryorry

Ah Wilnis, I'll never forget his goal for us against Manu in our opening game in the Prem - gave us the confidence that really set us up for that stunning season.

Fab!
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 10:52]

Those Were the Days, hey? I'd even forgotten that that was the opening game, but I certainly remember the goal.

And Fab made more even more appearances for Town than Beattie, I believe, in an era of much more change.
Good to see ITFC supporting Black History Month on 11:32 - Oct 2 with 768 viewsHerbivore

Good to see ITFC supporting Black History Month on 11:22 - Oct 2 by HighgateBlue

Those Were the Days, hey? I'd even forgotten that that was the opening game, but I certainly remember the goal.

And Fab made more even more appearances for Town than Beattie, I believe, in an era of much more change.

It was our first home game, not our opening game of the season. That was a 3-1 defeat at Spurs, although we did have the honour of scoring the first goal of the Prem season.

Wilnis was brilliant. Loved the disdain he had for Norwich and nobody has ever mastered the step over quite like Fabs.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 11:32]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Good to see ITFC supporting Black History Month on 11:59 - Oct 2 with 732 viewsElephantintheRoom

Personally I think there is something odd about singling out 'black' players from those of any other colour, race, nationality or persuasion. You could argue it is racist as it implies they are somehow different. Football has been pretty successful at making the workplace fully integrated - even if this seems to have passed certain sections of the population by. It's a pity they can't leave it fully integrated

Johnny Miller for example came from 'the corn fields of whitton' according to Desmond Hackett of the Express - you can't get more ipswich than that. Seem to recall that Ipswich's first coloured player was Steve Stacey, who played alongside Colin Viljoen without seperate changing areas being needed.

In my humble opinion they should not use skin colour as an issue - even if this is supposed to be a well-meaning, right-on gesture.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Good to see ITFC supporting Black History Month on 12:02 - Oct 2 with 731 viewsHerbivore

Good to see ITFC supporting Black History Month on 11:59 - Oct 2 by ElephantintheRoom

Personally I think there is something odd about singling out 'black' players from those of any other colour, race, nationality or persuasion. You could argue it is racist as it implies they are somehow different. Football has been pretty successful at making the workplace fully integrated - even if this seems to have passed certain sections of the population by. It's a pity they can't leave it fully integrated

Johnny Miller for example came from 'the corn fields of whitton' according to Desmond Hackett of the Express - you can't get more ipswich than that. Seem to recall that Ipswich's first coloured player was Steve Stacey, who played alongside Colin Viljoen without seperate changing areas being needed.

In my humble opinion they should not use skin colour as an issue - even if this is supposed to be a well-meaning, right-on gesture.

Unsurprisingly there is a lot wrong with this post.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Good to see ITFC supporting Black History Month on 12:36 - Oct 2 with 687 viewsFBI

Good to see ITFC supporting Black History Month on 11:59 - Oct 2 by ElephantintheRoom

You could indeed argue it was racist.

If you were an idiot.

Good to see ITFC supporting Black History Month on 13:24 - Oct 2 with 626 viewsRyorry

Good to see ITFC supporting Black History Month on 11:32 - Oct 2 by Herbivore

It was our first home game, not our opening game of the season. That was a 3-1 defeat at Spurs, although we did have the honour of scoring the first goal of the Prem season.

Wilnis was brilliant. Loved the disdain he had for Norwich and nobody has ever mastered the step over quite like Fabs.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 11:32]

Ah yes, thanks, keep forgetting the Spurs game, can't think why!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024