Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Walter Smith (n/t) 10:12 - Oct 26 with 973 viewshype313

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

RIP Walter Smith (n/t) on 10:16 - Oct 26 with 960 viewsWeWereZombies

Just seen this on the BBC website:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56381264

I remember when he was manager of Everton and we were in the Premier League, I had one of those roving season tickets and we had landed a couple of seats just behind the dugouts. Walter Smith and Burley spent the entire match ribbing each other and joking, it was a pleasure to watch them - can't remember much else about the game or even the score.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

RIP Walter Smith (n/t) on 10:19 - Oct 26 with 926 viewsGlasgowBlue

That's very sad. A great football man who is revered up here by one half of the Old Firm.

R.I.P.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

RIP Walter Smith (n/t) on 10:21 - Oct 26 with 915 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

RIP Walter Smith (n/t) on 10:19 - Oct 26 by GlasgowBlue

That's very sad. A great football man who is revered up here by one half of the Old Firm.

R.I.P.

Not a big follower of Scottish football, but even I enjoyed watching Rangers under his leadership, Laudrup, Gazza, McCoist etc!!

Legendary figure up there. RIP.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

RIP Walter Smith (n/t) on 11:56 - Oct 26 with 781 viewsSuperCoops

A brilliant tribute video on the Rangers Twitter page.

RIP Walter Smith (n/t) on 13:29 - Oct 26 with 664 viewsIP4_Blue

See that while watching Talksport Ally Mccoist did a lovely tribute about him and about his family, he was understandably visibly upset
RIP Walter Smith (n/t) on 14:01 - Oct 26 with 603 viewsChurchman

He always came across as a lovely bloke. Good manager too.
RIP Walter Smith (n/t) on 16:44 - Oct 26 with 513 viewsWeWereZombies

RIP Walter Smith (n/t) on 11:56 - Oct 26 by SuperCoops

A brilliant tribute video on the Rangers Twitter page.

Ryorry will be able to confirm this but pretty sure the music is 'A Farewell To Stromness' composed by Sir Peter Maxwell Davies (although I don't know who the pianist is), a beautifully understated piece for a tribute. And looking at those images I have to wonder if Walter Smith was the only manager apart from Bobby Robson to get the best out of Paul Gascoigne?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

RIP Walter Smith (n/t) on 23:09 - Oct 26 with 391 viewsArnoldMoorhen

RIP Walter Smith (n/t) on 16:44 - Oct 26 by WeWereZombies

Ryorry will be able to confirm this but pretty sure the music is 'A Farewell To Stromness' composed by Sir Peter Maxwell Davies (although I don't know who the pianist is), a beautifully understated piece for a tribute. And looking at those images I have to wonder if Walter Smith was the only manager apart from Bobby Robson to get the best out of Paul Gascoigne?

That's a bit harsh on Terry Venables! Gazza was PFA Player of the Year under him at Spurs, and was also pretty canny at Euro 96.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024