Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The great Scott Fraser conundrum 16:20 - Nov 17 with 1230 viewsMaySixth

a wonderfully technical player who offers something different

not a lot of pace, not a lot of physicality but a wand of a left foot

however....where does he fit a 4-2-3-1 ?

attacking mid?
left mid?
centre mid?

the best I have seen him is in the midfield two and I thought he would be great alogside a Morsy or Evans and act as cover

however, we be good to get him higher up the pitch and do more damage

he feels a bit wasted out on the left and we have players that can play there more naturally
[Post edited 17 Nov 2021 16:26]

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

The great Scott Fraser conundrum on 16:31 - Nov 17 with 1143 viewsiamipswich

Your second line reminds me of another player we had in the not too distant past...hmmm.

But I really want to love Fraser and his numbers at this level in recent years are undeniably impressive but there's just something stopping me.

I feel like with all of the dynamic players we have in attacking positions and the need for robust players in the midfield two, given the formation that we play, it is hard to find a fixed position for him. Hence he's played in about four different positions this season without nailing any down.

That's for Cook, who clearly favours him, to sort out I guess.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2021 17:47]

Poll: Who will return first?

The great Scott Fraser conundrum on 17:42 - Nov 17 with 1028 viewsitfc_bucks

He has to play as a CAM, but with Celina in the squad, I'd like to see them both interchanging in that wide left role as well. Realistically, any team with those two should be ripping defences at this level to pieces.

You'd have to say I don't think we've got the wide right role sorted yet, I think there might be some movement there in the January window, but we seem well covered on the left, given Aluko has seemed assured every time he's played (barring that first appearance).
The great Scott Fraser conundrum on 17:48 - Nov 17 with 994 viewsStokieBlue

The great Scott Fraser conundrum on 17:42 - Nov 17 by itfc_bucks

He has to play as a CAM, but with Celina in the squad, I'd like to see them both interchanging in that wide left role as well. Realistically, any team with those two should be ripping defences at this level to pieces.

You'd have to say I don't think we've got the wide right role sorted yet, I think there might be some movement there in the January window, but we seem well covered on the left, given Aluko has seemed assured every time he's played (barring that first appearance).

Not sure about this.

In my opinion Celina should be starting ahead of Fraser most of the time. As for the right, hard to say Burns hasn't got it sorted given his contributions this season.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The great Scott Fraser conundrum on 18:28 - Nov 17 with 917 viewstractordownsouth

He's best as a number 8 in our system. With Morsy doing the dirty work, the main attribute needed to play in the other position is technical ability, which is one of his strengths. Chaplin and Celina are more effective as number 10s and he lacks the pace of Edwards and Burns out wide - whenever he's played in that role he seems to slow the play down

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

The great Scott Fraser conundrum on 18:47 - Nov 17 with 865 viewswellsy700

I see him competing with Evans for a place alongside Morsy

NZ Blue
Poll: Who stays? Who goes?

The great Scott Fraser conundrum on 19:02 - Nov 17 with 832 viewsWeekender

The great Scott Fraser conundrum on 18:28 - Nov 17 by tractordownsouth

He's best as a number 8 in our system. With Morsy doing the dirty work, the main attribute needed to play in the other position is technical ability, which is one of his strengths. Chaplin and Celina are more effective as number 10s and he lacks the pace of Edwards and Burns out wide - whenever he's played in that role he seems to slow the play down

But our system doesn't really have a no8. We play with 2 no 6s and a no 10. That i think is the issue

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

The great Scott Fraser conundrum on 19:25 - Nov 17 with 774 viewsreusersfreekicks

The great Scott Fraser conundrum on 18:28 - Nov 17 by tractordownsouth

Spot on
The great Scott Fraser conundrum on 09:51 - Nov 18 with 544 viewsHullblue

The great Scott Fraser conundrum on 19:02 - Nov 17 by Weekender

But our system doesn't really have a no8. We play with 2 no 6s and a no 10. That i think is the issue

Might be useful to play him in the two at home to some of the teams lower down the table - he can help unlock the door. Otherwise I agree with you.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024