Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On the anniversary of his last ever game for Town, our latest post is on Ted 08:41 - Feb 22 with 1154 viewsITFC_nostalgia

Phillips. The first part is here
https://www.instagram.com/p/CaRVRK8IwA9/?utm_medium=copy_link

The second part will be out today (assuming work, kids play ball before tonight's game) or perhaps tomorrow.

Made me think, who is the hardest striker of a ball for ITFC in modern times? I'm chucking in Mark Venus.
On the anniversary of his last ever game for Town, our latest post is on Ted on 09:01 - Feb 22 with 1100 viewsChurchman

The picture is taken, I think, at Highbury in 1962 when Ipswich wiped the floor with them 3-0. My dad was there and says the Arsenal faithful were not happy.

Phillips was his favourite player of that era. Reckoned he had the hardest shot he’s ever seen - one or two of our esteemed posters on here will confirm or deny I’m sure. I think he had the nickname ‘Thunderboots’ at one point. I hope so! Great name. Great player.

Looking at him, I can’t imagine if you were a defender you looked forward to your day. Bruises aplenty I suspect.

Hardest shot? My vote goes to Simon Milton. I saw him score once at Fulham from a way out and it went like a rocket. Even in the warm up he seemed to thump the ball heavily. Venus (that goal at Spurs) could hit a ball too.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2022 9:02]
On the anniversary of his last ever game for Town, our latest post is on Ted on 09:10 - Feb 22 with 1063 viewsBeckets

On the anniversary of his last ever game for Town, our latest post is on Ted on 09:01 - Feb 22 by Churchman

The picture is taken, I think, at Highbury in 1962 when Ipswich wiped the floor with them 3-0. My dad was there and says the Arsenal faithful were not happy.

Phillips was his favourite player of that era. Reckoned he had the hardest shot he’s ever seen - one or two of our esteemed posters on here will confirm or deny I’m sure. I think he had the nickname ‘Thunderboots’ at one point. I hope so! Great name. Great player.

Looking at him, I can’t imagine if you were a defender you looked forward to your day. Bruises aplenty I suspect.

Hardest shot? My vote goes to Simon Milton. I saw him score once at Fulham from a way out and it went like a rocket. Even in the warm up he seemed to thump the ball heavily. Venus (that goal at Spurs) could hit a ball too.

Player with the hardest shot I’ve seen has to be Kevin Beattie. Check out his goal in 7-0 win against West Brom!
On the anniversary of his last ever game for Town, our latest post is on Ted on 09:16 - Feb 22 with 1055 viewsPJH

On the anniversary of his last ever game for Town, our latest post is on Ted on 09:01 - Feb 22 by Churchman

I have said on here before, and will probably say again, Ted Phillips once said to me 'Your pens run out boy'.

I am at the moment looking in my autograph book of a team picture of that 1961/62 side and ten of the players have signed in red link and Ted has signed in blue so maybe that was the occasion that my pen ran out 'boy'.

RIP Ted, forever in my memory as are so many players, personalities and incidents from that time.
On the anniversary of his last ever game for Town, our latest post is on Ted on 09:42 - Feb 22 with 1004 viewsChurchman

On the anniversary of his last ever game for Town, our latest post is on Ted on 09:10 - Feb 22 by Beckets

Player with the hardest shot I’ve seen has to be Kevin Beattie. Check out his goal in 7-0 win against West Brom!

I forgot about Kevin. I was at the bl&&dy game too! I swear the keeper (John Osborne?) ducked out of the way of it. Absolutely crashed in.

John Wark didn’t do tap ins either. Who can ever forget the post thumpers at Wembley.

Another was Gus Uhlenbeek. The trouble was that by and large it went sailing towards Coes or Colchester. Dear old Gus. He did make me laugh.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2022 9:44]
On the anniversary of his last ever game for Town, our latest post is on Ted on 09:49 - Feb 22 with 985 viewsPhilTWTD

On the anniversary of his last ever game for Town, our latest post is on Ted on 09:42 - Feb 22 by Churchman

I forgot about Kevin. I was at the bl&&dy game too! I swear the keeper (John Osborne?) ducked out of the way of it. Absolutely crashed in.

John Wark didn’t do tap ins either. Who can ever forget the post thumpers at Wembley.

Another was Gus Uhlenbeek. The trouble was that by and large it went sailing towards Coes or Colchester. Dear old Gus. He did make me laugh.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2022 9:44]

JET hit them pretty hard as well. There was one in a game down here which was probably as well hit as anything I've ever seen.
On the anniversary of his last ever game for Town, our latest post is on Ted on 09:59 - Feb 22 with 961 viewsChurchman

On the anniversary of his last ever game for Town, our latest post is on Ted on 09:49 - Feb 22 by PhilTWTD

JET hit them pretty hard as well. There was one in a game down here which was probably as well hit as anything I've ever seen.

Sadly, I think the prize for the best hit I’ve seen goes to Leighton Baines’ goal for Wigan.
On the anniversary of his last ever game for Town, our latest post is on Ted on 10:10 - Feb 22 with 940 viewsPhilTWTD

On the anniversary of his last ever game for Town, our latest post is on Ted on 09:59 - Feb 22 by Churchman

Sadly, I think the prize for the best hit I’ve seen goes to Leighton Baines’ goal for Wigan.

Was a great strike but not the most powerful, I'd say.
On the anniversary of his last ever game for Town, our latest post is on Ted on 10:53 - Feb 22 with 889 viewsFPL_Tractor

On the anniversary of his last ever game for Town, our latest post is on Ted on 10:10 - Feb 22 by PhilTWTD

Was a great strike but not the most powerful, I'd say.

I know what you mean, but couldn't articulate why as given he struck it from about Coddenham.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Login to get fewer ads

On the anniversary of his last ever game for Town, our latest post is on Ted on 14:17 - Feb 22 with 813 viewsellerblue

i was lucy enough to be at that match, on easter monday i think, it was my first away match being 11 years old, went on a coach with my father and uncles stopped at the Army and Navy on the way there and on the way back Vimto and smiths crisps with salt in a blue twist Ted had the nickname cannonball and with jungle boy was the potent goal scorers i have everseen in 65 years of watching the town.

Heinsberg Blue

On the anniversary of his last ever game for Town, our latest post is on Ted on 17:42 - Feb 22 with 730 viewsITFC_nostalgia

Bump for pre match.
On the anniversary of his last ever game for Town, our latest post is on Ted on 11:48 - Feb 23 with 626 viewsITFC_nostalgia

Part two, rather later than hoped as kids and work are a pain.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaUYjq8IDZd/?utm_medium=copy_link

100 points for anyone who knows the nurse in one of the pictures.
On the anniversary of his last ever game for Town, our latest post is on Ted on 14:14 - Feb 23 with 598 viewsFPL_Tractor

On the anniversary of his last ever game for Town, our latest post is on Ted on 11:48 - Feb 23 by ITFC_nostalgia

Part two, rather later than hoped as kids and work are a pain.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaUYjq8IDZd/?utm_medium=copy_link

100 points for anyone who knows the nurse in one of the pictures.

Love that photo with the nurse!

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

On the anniversary of his last ever game for Town, our latest post is on Ted on 14:46 - Feb 23 with 576 viewsmonty_radio

Try this one from Neil Thompson almost exactly one minute in:

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024