Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ronaldo 17:05 - Apr 12 with 1187 viewsSTYG

Given the media today, I am amazed that more is not being made of the incident at the weekend.

The video evidence shows that he slapped a kids phone out of his hand as they were filming him. According to the mother of the child, he's a 14 year old boy with Autism that has been withdrawn since the incident and suffered bruising to his hand. As such, she considers it to be an assault on a disabled child by definition.

Manchester United seem to have said nothing and Ronaldo, through a statement, has apparently just said he's happy to invite the boy (an Everton fan) to Old Trafford. Apparently he's got no interest in it.

It is being covered, but given it's arguably the greatest player in the world, assaulting a child (according to the mother) which certainly seems to be backed up by the footage, it seems extraordinary that's it's not a much bigger deal.

I remember the furore when Hazard kicked a ball from under a Swansea ballboy and you could (weakly) argue he was trying to get the ball or didn't realise he'd harm the kid or it was in the heat of the match etc. As pathetic as those excuses would be, Ronaldo seems to have even less of an excuse surely?
[Post edited 12 Apr 2022 17:11]
Ronaldo on 17:12 - Apr 12 with 1133 viewsIllinoisblue

There’s a war on. And our prime minister is breaking the law and lying on a daily basis. A Portuguese hasbeen knocking a phone out of someone’s hand is kinda not important.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Ronaldo on 17:14 - Apr 12 with 1109 viewsSTYG

Ronaldo on 17:12 - Apr 12 by Illinoisblue

There’s a war on. And our prime minister is breaking the law and lying on a daily basis. A Portuguese hasbeen knocking a phone out of someone’s hand is kinda not important.

I haven't suggested that it should take priority over Ukraine.

But, by contrast, media outlets seem to have have found millions of pages dedicated to the son of an ex-footballer marrying someone at the weekend.
Ronaldo on 17:31 - Apr 12 with 1055 viewsSitfcB

It is three day old news tbf.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2022 17:31]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Ronaldo on 17:32 - Apr 12 with 1045 viewsSitfcB

Did you miss a ‘Y’?

COYB

Ronaldo on 18:11 - Apr 12 with 949 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It was out of order, but its not an assault and he didn't pick out an autistic child on purpose.

It doesnt need any further coverage.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Ronaldo on 18:15 - Apr 12 with 941 viewsSitfcB

Ronaldo on 18:11 - Apr 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

It was out of order, but its not an assault and he didn't pick out an autistic child on purpose.

The mum is making the most of it it seems. Obviously wants money, and lots of it.

CR apologised a few hours later and offered the kid an invite to a game at Old Trafford as a guest, should’ve accepted that and been the end of it

COYB

Ronaldo on 18:18 - Apr 12 with 932 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I beg to differ that it isn't assault. That is up to the police to determine and the only footage I saw on Sky was very unclear.

I agree that he had no idea of the kids particular needs. However, those (provided they are accurate) make the impact far worse and so cannot be entirely ignored. I suspect it will be a bigger deal should the police decide to press charges. If they decide not to (or have decided not to) then it will disappear.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Ronaldo on 18:36 - Apr 12 with 898 viewsSwansea_Blue

I only saw the video of the incident once, but it seemed to me there were a bunch of morons lined up to give the players grief and he just batted the hands away that we’re reaching for him. He didn’t appear to be targeting anyone. I’ve no idea if the kid was one of the morons or just got caught up in it, but assault seems to be stretching it a bit. Maybe there’s clearer footage I haven’t seen though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Ronaldo on 20:29 - Apr 12 with 767 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Seems out of character for him, usually composed.

Straight out of the Connor McGregor playbook!
Ronaldo on 23:17 - Apr 12 with 624 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Ronaldo on 18:18 - Apr 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

I beg to differ that it isn't assault. That is up to the police to determine and the only footage I saw on Sky was very unclear.

I agree that he had no idea of the kids particular needs. However, those (provided they are accurate) make the impact far worse and so cannot be entirely ignored. I suspect it will be a bigger deal should the police decide to press charges. If they decide not to (or have decided not to) then it will disappear.

He won't get charged with assault!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Ronaldo on 23:34 - Apr 12 with 598 viewsZXBlue

Especially the one who has a bunch of kids shouting "you're sh it" at him.

Crap behaviour, for which he will be punished. move one.
Ronaldo on 23:34 - Apr 12 with 595 viewsZXBlue

Technically it is an assault.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024