Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst half since Mckenna got here? 14:42 - Apr 16 with 448 viewsDubtractor

Granted its a dead rubber and all that, but I'm struggling to take any positives from that half.

Passing was dreadful across the pitch, and our midfield 2 were two of the worst culprits. Rotherham did a number on us to stop us playing, including faking injuries every two minutes to stop any momentum and give themselves a breather, and we seemed second best in almost every 50/50. I guess that 50/50 point is where the difference in motivation for the game comes into play - our dead rubber vs their crucial promotion game.

Thompson, Morsy, Norwood, Bakinson all get particularly low marks from me.

Good to see a mostly solid debut against tricky opponents from Elkan, that's about the only positive though.

But all of that said, if Norwood scores a tap in from 4 yards out then its a completely different game.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Worst half since Mckenna got here? on 14:45 - Apr 16 with 410 viewswrightsrightglove

Fair analysis. We were a lot better than them first half and if Norwood scored that sitter then it’s a completely different game. But yeah, definitely the worst half under McKenna, going to have to be a lot lot better against Wigan. Elkan looked solid, real talent moving forwards. We need McKenna style strikers in the building for next season.
Worst half since Mckenna got here? on 14:47 - Apr 16 with 383 viewsFunge

Agree with most of that - really not great. I thought Bak was alright, but the other three all very off-colour. Stop Morsy playing, and you stop us - that needs to change.

Annoyingly, we were very easily drawn into Rotherham's bullsh1t - teams know that if they target Morsy/ Celina, they'll usually get a reaction/ booking - this, for me, has got to be a key area of focus over the summer.

Two strikers and an LB, plus 6 weeks on the training pitch before mid-August - we'll be a lot better.
Worst half since Mckenna got here? on 14:48 - Apr 16 with 366 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Would we be happy to have watched us do exactly the same second half and have 18 minutes of injury time with it ending in a dull 0-0?

I guess that next time we play Rotherham that is what we will need to do. And defend throw-ins (which we also failed to do against Cheltenham earlier in the season).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Worst half since Mckenna got here? on 14:50 - Apr 16 with 333 viewsFrimleyBlue

Would it have been a different game? We showed we couldn't handle them when they upped it and came at us.. going behind may he started this before HT, there's no proof that we'd have coped and that's concerning.

Defence did us proud again, they remained compact and did their best but my god midfield were awful today, not one can be given any more than a 5/10
Morsy, just didn't own it. Bakinson giving freekicks away, given the ball away. Aluko kept turning into places and losing the ball, Celina just wasn't interested. Burns tried but showed his weakness when he doesn't have space.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024