Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johnnie Jackson sacked 15:51 - May 3 with 1839 viewsSTYG

Not often we get a manager sacked, unless it's been a case of the shame to losing to the most recent incarnation of Ipswich Town.

Using the TWTD time machine, which manager would you go back and have sacked after a Town thrashing?

I'd have to say Farke and 2017 after they beat us 1-0 down here. Farke goes, they likely don't make the playoffs which they were just getting close to and they just become another middling Championship side.

Or do we sack Lambert the week after he took them over? They may have just let Gunn go straight back in. That was the beginning of them not being a laughing stock, before they found a new way of being a laughing stock for not bothering to try after promotion.
Johnnie Jackson sacked on 16:00 - May 3 with 1746 viewsChurchman

I’m a little surprised they didn’t give him a chance to build his own team. He’s a bit of a club legend there, did well as a temporary manager after his predecessor was fired and it all went pear shaped after he was given a permanent contract.

Is this decisiveness or a panic up?
Johnnie Jackson sacked on 16:36 - May 3 with 1573 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert gets sacked before he builds his largely undeserved, he ultimately doesn't come here, get us relegated and marooned. Like it.
[Post edited 3 May 2022 17:56]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Johnnie Jackson sacked on 16:58 - May 3 with 1485 viewsITFC_Jenx

Steve Evans got sacked from Gillingham after we trounced them.
Johnnie Jackson sacked on 17:48 - May 3 with 1323 viewsSharkey

I wonder if this news will interest Colchester Utd.
Johnnie Jackson sacked on 18:11 - May 3 with 1228 viewsParisBlue

Had we held on to beat Norwich under Hurst then Farke would have been sacked. Instead....

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Johnnie Jackson sacked on 18:14 - May 3 with 1222 viewsPhilTWTD

Johnnie Jackson sacked on 16:00 - May 3 by Churchman

I’m a little surprised they didn’t give him a chance to build his own team. He’s a bit of a club legend there, did well as a temporary manager after his predecessor was fired and it all went pear shaped after he was given a permanent contract.

Is this decisiveness or a panic up?

Assume the owner doesn't have enough trust in him enough to rely on him to win them promotion. Form has been up and down so perhaps not entirely surprising.
Johnnie Jackson sacked on 18:53 - May 3 with 1056 viewsHipsterectomy

That's Scott Fraser's second sacked manager in a season shortly after joining

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024