Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Era 09:49 - Jun 22 with 1783 viewsIpstone

Hi all

Im a Kent based supporter returning to the fold.

Started following Town in 1995 (having been a Maidstone United fan all my life and took me a while to find a new love after the Stones Folded in 1992) First game was against the Budgies and Bryan Gunns spectacular winner for us! I immediately felt at home and welcomed by the Town Supporters I met and felt the sense of belonging that I had held at the Stones.

I regularly attended Portman Rd up until Promotion to the premier League.
Due to ticketing availability in the Premier League I returned to watching my home team Maidstone as they were climbing through the deepest depths of non league and fell a bit out of love with Ipswich due to the previous Marcus Evans regimes lack of communication/fan inclusion which is so so important. although I always kept track of the goings on and would always look for the halftimes and results

Both The Ipswich of Old and the Stones where/are big on fan inclusion and builds that sense of belonging, its great to see the new ownership return to the right attitudes in dealing with its fans.

This has reignited my love for the club and hope its the beginning of the club and its fans as one returning to its rightful standing.

Looking forward to attending Portman Road on a fair few occasions this season, it feels like the club belongs to its supporters again.

I'm sure there are many like me that will also feel the same way which surely bodes well for the club its attendances as the rebuild goes on,

I know this is a bit of a ramble but it feels great to feel the love again for Town!

To all those who have stuck with the club throughout the dark times massive respect.
New Era on 09:49 - Jun 22 with 1762 viewsunbelievablue

Are you still Maidstone based?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

New Era on 09:54 - Jun 22 with 1733 viewsIpstone

New Era on 09:49 - Jun 22 by unbelievablue

Are you still Maidstone based?

Im in Sittingbourne now are you over this way?
New Era on 09:54 - Jun 22 with 1732 viewsunbelievablue

New Era on 09:54 - Jun 22 by Ipstone

Im in Sittingbourne now are you over this way?

No, but that side of London, in Belvedere. If you ever drive to games give me a shout.

New Era on 09:55 - Jun 22 with 1721 viewsIpstone

New Era on 09:54 - Jun 22 by unbelievablue

No, but that side of London, in Belvedere. If you ever drive to games give me a shout.

Will do! Where do you normally like to sit at PR?
New Era on 10:10 - Jun 22 with 1659 viewsChurchman

I did my driving lessons in Belvedere back in the last century. Living in Swanley, I know it well!
New Era on 10:14 - Jun 22 with 1648 viewsBlueBadger

What's your favourite cheese though?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

New Era on 10:14 - Jun 22 with 1636 viewsunbelievablue

New Era on 10:10 - Jun 22 by Churchman

I did my driving lessons in Belvedere back in the last century. Living in Swanley, I know it well!

My Mrs is learning to drive here. The local test centre has the lowest pass rate in the country.

New Era on 10:54 - Jun 22 with 1568 viewsChurchman

New Era on 10:14 - Jun 22 by unbelievablue

My Mrs is learning to drive here. The local test centre has the lowest pass rate in the country.

Times change. Back in the days of the horse and cart when I took my test, Sidcup was the death test centre to avoid. I actually did mine in Bexleyheath, which given I passed, it had the world’s easiest standards!
Login to get fewer ads

New Era on 11:25 - Jun 22 with 1506 viewsGeoffSentence

Strictly speaking it as Rob Ullathorne who scored, but Gunny has to take the credit really.

I met Rob Ullathorne at a mate's house in Ipswich once, nice lad. We were very polite and did not mention that goal.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

New Era on 11:52 - Jun 22 with 1452 viewsIpstone

New Era on 11:25 - Jun 22 by GeoffSentence

Strictly speaking it as Rob Ullathorne who scored, but Gunny has to take the credit really.

I met Rob Ullathorne at a mate's house in Ipswich once, nice lad. We were very polite and did not mention that goal.

I was laughing still miles back down the A12!
New Era on 12:11 - Jun 22 with 1421 viewsChurchman

New Era on 11:52 - Jun 22 by Ipstone

I was laughing still miles back down the A12!

I was right in line with that behind the goal. I couldn’t believe it when the ball hopped over Bryan Gunn’s foot. Cheering and doubled up with laughter at the same time for the only time ever at a football match.

I though Megson heading in his own net a few seasons before was a classic, but the Ullathorne/Gunn show out did that by a distance.
New Era on 12:14 - Jun 22 with 1405 viewsfarkenhell

New Era on 11:25 - Jun 22 by GeoffSentence

Coward!
New Era on 12:38 - Jun 22 with 1354 viewsvilanovablue

Good luck to Maidstone next season back in the conference. I saw Dorking (grew up there as a kid and a mate has 2 of his kids in their youth system) promoted through the play offs a few weeks ago so followed that division quite closely.
New Era on 14:10 - Jun 22 with 1237 viewsIpstone

New Era on 12:38 - Jun 22 by vilanovablue

Good luck to Maidstone next season back in the conference. I saw Dorking (grew up there as a kid and a mate has 2 of his kids in their youth system) promoted through the play offs a few weeks ago so followed that division quite closely.

Thanks

Seems Dorking have really gone for it signed 2 of the top scorers last season in Conference south but there owner also manages the club and seems to have deep pockets!

Confident The Stones will be ok in it but its basically Division 4 these days with the ex league clubs in it, Oldham, Notts County etc
[Post edited 22 Jun 2022 14:20]
New Era on 14:15 - Jun 22 with 1213 viewsBonchosBicycle

I am originally from Belvedere. Small world innit?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024