Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else surprised and disappointed 11:36 - Jun 23 with 715 viewschicoazul

That Yorkshire have been given or whatever the term is, this test match? In the light of recent revelations.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Anyone else surprised and disappointed on 11:51 - Jun 23 with 670 viewsGuthrum

Firstly it would have been scheduled a long time ago. Secondly, having got a new regime in place, they have to provide some reward to strengthen their position.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Anyone else surprised and disappointed on 11:53 - Jun 23 with 665 viewsitfcjoe

Yes, they shouldn't have had one - they should almost be forgotten about as an England venue until they have proven to have their house in order. If it was a smaller county no doubt that would be the case

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone else surprised and disappointed on 11:55 - Jun 23 with 652 viewschicoazul

Anyone else surprised and disappointed on 11:51 - Jun 23 by Guthrum

Firstly it would have been scheduled a long time ago. Secondly, having got a new regime in place, they have to provide some reward to strengthen their position.

Who cares about the schedule? That can be easily changed. And I’m not sure at all what you mean about them being “rewarded”.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Anyone else surprised and disappointed on 13:20 - Jun 23 with 581 viewsZx1988

I agree. Both the speed with which Yorkshire have been welcomed back to the top table, and also given the fact that it now seems as if they could well find themselves taken to the cleaners for the way in which they sacked most of their staff.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Anyone else surprised and disappointed on 13:28 - Jun 23 with 556 viewsZXBlue

I hadnt thought about it. But I think its a fair point.

That said, should you punish the current regime?
Anyone else surprised and disappointed on 14:56 - Jun 23 with 482 viewsGuthrum

Anyone else surprised and disappointed on 11:55 - Jun 23 by chicoazul

Who cares about the schedule? That can be easily changed. And I’m not sure at all what you mean about them being “rewarded”.

The new administration at Headingly, chaired by Lord Patel. They won the battle for support of members over the old guard, so being given a Test backs up that victory and strengthens their hand.

After all, a lot of those in charge during the racist era have now gone.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Anyone else surprised and disappointed on 15:22 - Jun 23 with 457 viewsSteve_M

I was but George Dobell's piece in The Cricketer was worth reading today. In short without the income from the Test Colin Graves, as the club's largest creditor, got to take control again.

Also of note was that Azeem Rafiq's sister (who worked at Yorkshire) was advised to stay away from the club for her own safety and that there have been as stream of stories circulated to the media about Rafiq intending to debase his character - none of which have been published because there is no evidence for them.

I meant to post the article earlier but here it is:

https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/opinion/test_cricket_headingley_return_distr

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone else surprised and disappointed on 15:43 - Jun 23 with 432 viewsXYZ

Anyone else surprised and disappointed on 15:22 - Jun 23 by Steve_M

I was but George Dobell's piece in The Cricketer was worth reading today. In short without the income from the Test Colin Graves, as the club's largest creditor, got to take control again.

Also of note was that Azeem Rafiq's sister (who worked at Yorkshire) was advised to stay away from the club for her own safety and that there have been as stream of stories circulated to the media about Rafiq intending to debase his character - none of which have been published because there is no evidence for them.

I meant to post the article earlier but here it is:

https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/opinion/test_cricket_headingley_return_distr

Truly depressing. How can YCCC end up being £15m in hock to Graves? If he's not going to play ball then how do they extricate themselves from that?

Followed the link to a cheery article about the South Asian Cricket Academy ... https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/countycricket/saca_deliver_proof_untapped_so

... until the last line ... "The entire cost of the programme is around £50,000 a year. The ECB have declined to contribute."
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else surprised and disappointed on 15:46 - Jun 23 with 422 viewsSteve_M

Anyone else surprised and disappointed on 15:43 - Jun 23 by XYZ

Truly depressing. How can YCCC end up being £15m in hock to Graves? If he's not going to play ball then how do they extricate themselves from that?

Followed the link to a cheery article about the South Asian Cricket Academy ... https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/countycricket/saca_deliver_proof_untapped_so

... until the last line ... "The entire cost of the programme is around £50,000 a year. The ECB have declined to contribute."

Oh, of course they didn't. There's a long way to go still.

I don't know if you saw the Guardian piece about British-Asian cricket in Yorkshire at the weekend, it was good but similarly depressing in places:

Cricket: good piece about British-Asian cricket in Yorkshire by Steve_M 18 Jun 2022 9:06
Not necessarily one with many answers but worth reading all the same:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/jun/18/yorkshire-cricket-great-divide-weve-got-to-stop-looking-over-the-fence-at-each-other

The treatment of Mannigham seems like an unobserved scandal.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone else surprised and disappointed on 15:56 - Jun 23 with 407 viewsXYZ

Anyone else surprised and disappointed on 15:46 - Jun 23 by Steve_M

I don't know if you saw the Guardian piece about British-Asian cricket in Yorkshire at the weekend, it was good but similarly depressing in places:

Cricket: good piece about British-Asian cricket in Yorkshire by Steve_M 18 Jun 2022 9:06

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/jun/18/yorkshire-cricket-great-divide-weve-got-to-stop-looking-over-the-fence-at-each-other

I did see it and am glad to see they've issued the following Grauniad correction ...

"This article was amended on 20 June 2022. In a picture caption, an earlier version misidentified a light pitch roller as a heavy roller."
Anyone else surprised and disappointed on 15:58 - Jun 23 with 400 viewsXYZ

Anyone else surprised and disappointed on 15:46 - Jun 23 by Steve_M

I found that article a bit more encouraging, but still ...

Astonishing the lack of progress - even the opposite - in the 40 years since I played proper cricket.
Anyone else surprised and disappointed on 16:19 - Jun 23 with 368 viewsjontysnut

Anyone else surprised and disappointed on 14:56 - Jun 23 by Guthrum

The new administration at Headingly, chaired by Lord Patel. They won the battle for support of members over the old guard, so being given a Test backs up that victory and strengthens their hand.

After all, a lot of those in charge during the racist era have now gone.

I'd agree. I hesitated about renewing my membership but I think change will happen. Mind you, some of the absolute throbbers I end up sitting near... still, many clubs in most sports have them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024