Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I really thought we would win League One this season 16:58 - Feb 15 with 967 viewsMiaow

There is still just under a third of the season to go but it looks like we've messed up any chance of the top two unless they decide to have their own poor runs. Our number of wins in the past 10-15 matches is terrible. I can't bear to think about the points we should've picked up which we haven't.

I know this is yet another negative post which probably doesn't say anything new but it is just so frustrating. I'm nearer to 30 than 20 and I have never seen us have any success. We can't even seem to manage to get out of the third tier (yet). It just feels like another season wasted. Yes, there are games left to turn it around but I'm pretty sure we've messed it up.

This may be Kieran McKenna's first full season as a manager but with the good football and better results he achieved last year alongside our promising start to this season and the investment in signings, I really thought it was set up for us to get automatic promotion this year. That looks unlikely and I really have little confidence of us winning the play-offs considering how things are going, but who knows?

I just wish, for once, that I could see us actually achieve something.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

I really thought we would win League One this season on 17:05 - Feb 15 with 928 viewshomer_123

Ain't over by a long shot.

I don't care whether we win the league, come second or scrape through via the play-offs.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I really thought we would win League One this season on 17:17 - Feb 15 with 877 viewsandytown

Know what you mean, but warning signs were there last season. I think we went around 8 games with one win before the last game against Charlton. Won against Plymouth, 2 defeats and the rest draws
I really thought we would win League One this season on 17:18 - Feb 15 with 872 viewsMiaow

I really thought we would win League One this season on 17:05 - Feb 15 by homer_123

I don't care whether we win the league, come second or scrape through via the play-offs.

A 2nd-place finish courtesy of a goal off Donacien's backside would be incredible. However we get promoted, I really don't mind anymore - as long as we don't cheat - but I don't know if my heart could take the play-offs. Then again, the thrill of winning at Wembley would be amazing.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Must Win Game on saturday on 17:20 - Feb 15 with 852 viewsblueasfook

I really thought we would win League One this season on 17:05 - Feb 15 by homer_123

Arf!

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

I really thought we would win League One this season on 17:25 - Feb 15 with 819 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I feel similarly gutted. I have over 20 years on you. I was alive for the last time we won anything truly significant but not within my memory. I have enjoyed 1992, 2000 and the European tours but I am jealous of those who can remember just a little further back than me. But those who cannot remember 2000 but support us have my sympathy. I am sure better times will come and 2000 had years of disappoint leading up to it but the sense of another false dawn is depressing.

COYB, prove us wrong, step up to the plate and surprise us, please!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024