Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10 games ago, I wanted 8 wins to give us a realistic chance 18:46 - Apr 10 with 1420 viewsSimonds92

Of making the top 2 at the expense of Plymouth because the Wednesday collapse seemed unfathomable at the time. We've done that now and it's given us the chance to make it. 5 wins from 6 and we will get there imo. Lets not have a complete meltdown, im sure half the people slating the team today were saying we were going to blow everyone away 24 hours ago. We have a very decent chance and we're in a much better position than we were 10 games ago.
10 games ago, I wanted 8 wins to give us a realistic chance on 18:48 - Apr 10 with 1387 viewsKievthegreat

I reckon 95 points could be enough, so 4 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat.
10 games ago, I wanted 8 wins to give us a realistic chance on 18:49 - Apr 10 with 1371 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If we win the last 6, we get 100 points and guaranteed promotion. Only Plymouth and us can reach 100 points now.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

10 games ago, I wanted 8 wins to give us a realistic chance on 18:56 - Apr 10 with 1301 viewsSimonds92

10 games ago, I wanted 8 wins to give us a realistic chance on 18:48 - Apr 10 by Kievthegreat

I reckon 95 points could be enough, so 4 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat.

I hope so, i think 96, and those games against posh and Barnsley are pretty horrible fixtures which we're likely to lose 1 of, so hoping we can really show our improvement as we did at Bolton and Derby and win a really important game against a rival.
10 games ago, I wanted 8 wins to give us a realistic chance on 19:01 - Apr 10 with 1240 viewsFoD_Blue

10 games ago, I wanted 8 wins to give us a realistic chance on 18:56 - Apr 10 by Simonds92

I hope so, i think 96, and those games against posh and Barnsley are pretty horrible fixtures which we're likely to lose 1 of, so hoping we can really show our improvement as we did at Bolton and Derby and win a really important game against a rival.

We’ve lost 4 games all season, why are we likely to lose one of those two?
We are more likely to not lose either going by our record this season.
10 games ago, I wanted 8 wins to give us a realistic chance on 19:16 - Apr 10 with 1125 viewsSimonds92

10 games ago, I wanted 8 wins to give us a realistic chance on 19:01 - Apr 10 by FoD_Blue

We’ve lost 4 games all season, why are we likely to lose one of those two?
We are more likely to not lose either going by our record this season.

Because Barnsley have currently won more games than us this season and we've lost 3 of the last 5 games we've played against Peterborough. We also have 1 win in 6 away to Peterborough of which we have lost 3 games. All well and good being confident that we will win both and lets hope we do. But if we come away with 1 defeat from those 2 games i hope you're reaction isn't too negative.
10 games ago, I wanted 8 wins to give us a realistic chance on 19:22 - Apr 10 with 1068 viewsKievthegreat

10 games ago, I wanted 8 wins to give us a realistic chance on 18:56 - Apr 10 by Simonds92

96 points being required means that some combination of the following need to happen:
Wednesday drop at most 3 points in their remaining games. (1 defeat and win every other game, 2.4ppg)
Barnsley drop 0 points (6 straight wins, 3ppg)
Plymouth drop at most 5 points. (1 defeat and a draw with 4 more wins, 2.17ppg).

It's possible, but I think unlikely given recent form. It is going to be very close and I reckon goal difference could be called into action, luckily we look to have that in the bag, especially against Plymouth.
10 games ago, I wanted 8 wins to give us a realistic chance on 19:27 - Apr 10 with 1033 viewsFoD_Blue

10 games ago, I wanted 8 wins to give us a realistic chance on 19:16 - Apr 10 by Simonds92

Because Barnsley have currently won more games than us this season and we've lost 3 of the last 5 games we've played against Peterborough. We also have 1 win in 6 away to Peterborough of which we have lost 3 games. All well and good being confident that we will win both and lets hope we do. But if we come away with 1 defeat from those 2 games i hope you're reaction isn't too negative.

I don’t think our history over the past six games at Peterborough has any bearing on the score when we play them, we have a very different team now and are far better than them. I also think we are a better team than Barnsley. I would therefore think that the fact that we are a hard team to beat would suggest that a loss isn’t the likely outcome, it is of course a possibility.

Rest assured my reaction won’t be too negative if we lose one of the remaining games, it’s still been one of the best seasons that I’ve experienced for the last couple of decades.
10 games ago, I wanted 8 wins to give us a realistic chance on 21:36 - Apr 10 with 781 viewsThe_Realist_09

Bare in mind Wigan were on 86 points with 6 games to go last year and won the league with 92 points.

Rotherham were on 80 at the same stage and ended on 90.
Login to get fewer ads

10 games ago, I wanted 8 wins to give us a realistic chance on 22:16 - Apr 10 with 653 viewsWestSussexBlue

Peterborough will be a loss, draw at Barnsley and need to hold our nerve in the home games and take the wins starting with Charlton.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024