Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town in 5 Game 10 Plymouth Away 07:49 - Jun 3 with 1732 viewsKeno

I still think that was a foul on chappers before they equalised

Any memories or comments welcome

[Post edited 3 Jun 2023 11:16]

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Town in 5 Game 10 Plymouth Away on 11:06 - Jun 3 with 1630 viewsOsborneOneNil

I have to disagree, Keno. I thought Chappers played for it.

We went. A game where we deserved at least a point, defeat was very harsh. We controlled most of the game, but Plymouth did a Plymouth and scored 2 wonder goals within their 15/20 min spell of being on top.

We almost had the most memorable of moments in injury time. At 2-1 down, Walton comes up for the corner and powers a superb header towards the top corner but a combination of bar and Cooper's brilliance saw it fail to register. That would've been unreal, had it gone in. Photos later showed it had potentially crossed the line, and Cooper had clawed it out from behind the bar, but it didn't count so that's that.

After the game, my boys went pitch side to get a pic with KM. Plymouth boss, Schewie, then came out for his Sky post match interview. As he was about to start, he stopped the Sky chap and strolled over with purpose to me and my lads. He basically applauded us on being such great fans and the fact we made a 12pm game on a Sunday, down in Devon, that was on Sky was magnificent. He shock my hand then went and did his interview. I didn't have the heart to tell him we had travelled a 'mere' 2 hours from Dorset.

Top man.
Town in 5 Game 10 Plymouth Away on 11:17 - Jun 3 with 1593 viewsKeno

Town in 5 Game 10 Plymouth Away on 11:06 - Jun 3 by OsborneOneNil

We went. A game where we deserved at least a point, defeat was very harsh. We controlled most of the game, but Plymouth did a Plymouth and scored 2 wonder goals within their 15/20 min spell of being on top.

We almost had the most memorable of moments in injury time. At 2-1 down, Walton comes up for the corner and powers a superb header towards the top corner but a combination of bar and Cooper's brilliance saw it fail to register. That would've been unreal, had it gone in. Photos later showed it had potentially crossed the line, and Cooper had clawed it out from behind the bar, but it didn't count so that's that.

After the game, my boys went pitch side to get a pic with KM. Plymouth boss, Schewie, then came out for his Sky post match interview. As he was about to start, he stopped the Sky chap and strolled over with purpose to me and my lads. He basically applauded us on being such great fans and the fact we made a 12pm game on a Sunday, down in Devon, that was on Sky was magnificent. He shock my hand then went and did his interview. I didn't have the heart to tell him we had travelled a 'mere' 2 hours from Dorset.

Top man.

You are probably right and in any event we shouldn’t have stopped playing

Walton header would have been awesome!

Nice from Schewie

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Such a nice story about Schumacher on 11:20 - Jun 3 with 1587 viewsDyland

Top man.

Classy.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Town in 5 Game 10 Plymouth Away on 14:15 - Jun 3 with 1470 viewsazuremerlangus

Local game for me (I work in Plymouth)
Bumped into someone form Ipswich I hadn’t seen for years.
HT pastie - always a joy.
Too many Argyle fans at work the next day….

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Town in 5 Game 10 Plymouth Away on 18:58 - Jun 3 with 1359 viewsLeoMuff

Yep definite foul for me, deserved a point at least, controlled 70% of the game,although our goal was a fortunate deflection.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Town in 5 Game 10 Plymouth Away on 20:42 - Jun 3 with 1266 viewsNthQldITFC

Top man.

Now we're up and washed and out on the lash, I can enjoy the highlights of that game, but by jaysus if f'ed me off at the time. You can see how pissed off the players were at the end - they looked angry and determined and went on to show what a great team they are at the end of the season. Their keeper and defenders made some great blocks there. Great game. Well done Plymouth on getting up too.

Edit: PS. I don't think it was close to crossing the line looking at that video frame by frame - it hits the bar and deflects downwards and next frame Cooper has pushed it out, so I suspect the ball barely cut the goal line at all, let alone crossed it.

I hadn't appreciated what a great header that was from Walton, he really got excellent power into a slightly floaty outswinger - can't imagine many strikers or centre-halves could have done much better - I'm calling here that he'll bag a goal next season, although hopefully there won't be many games where he needs to go up att the end!
[Post edited 3 Jun 2023 20:47]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Town in 5 Game 10 Plymouth Away on 22:42 - Jun 3 with 1194 viewsEdwardStone

The much vaunted pasties from the back of the van outside the ground were a disappointment. Better than Ginsters, but only just; they were woefully underseasoned.

The Plymouth fans I encountered all seemed very pleasant and chatty, but strangely confident..... correctly as we now know.

I thought Adhadme had been seriously injured when he took that ball to the face.

I would have loved Walton's header to have gone in..... that would have been epic
Town in 5 Game 10 Plymouth Away on 11:06 - Jun 4 with 1014 viewspatrickswell

Top man.

Mumba shouldn’t even have been on the pitch for his stamp on Donacien. He needs a Nick Chadwick done on him in next season’s derby.
Login to get fewer ads

Town in 5 Game 10 Plymouth Away on 14:52 - Jun 4 with 940 viewsbournemouthblue

I don't, he was looking for it

But we were very wasteful, we should have been 2 nil up before they equalised.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024