Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds United signing Ethan Ampadu from Chelsea 11:39 - Jul 17 with 2593 viewsle2blue

£12M seems a bit crazy to me. They've made a nice profit on signing him from Exeter city not entirely sure it was the best move for him though, he's had poor time at Venezia and Spezia. Watched him live playing for Spezia last season and he looked like he'd lost confidence and didn't look up to much. Maybe he can get back to what he promised when he broke through.
Leeds United signing Ethan Ampadu from Chelsea on 12:18 - Jul 17 with 2351 viewsIllinoisblue

Good job those parachute payments stop relegated clubs going bust… oh

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Leeds United signing Ethan Ampadu from Chelsea on 12:19 - Jul 17 with 2351 viewsitfcjoe

Welsh fans will say he has been by far best player in last couple of years, and guess at 22 with >100 top flight appearances and >40 international caps it's still a young player with great pedigree

I saw him for Venezia in Roma and he was excellent that night as they nabbed a 1-1 with 10 men

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Leeds United signing Ethan Ampadu from Chelsea on 13:49 - Jul 17 with 1986 viewsSwansea_Blue

Blimey. That’s a ridiculously good signing for the Championship. He could be the best defender in the league.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Leeds United signing Ethan Ampadu from Chelsea on 14:11 - Jul 17 with 1848 viewsthe_toff

Leeds United signing Ethan Ampadu from Chelsea on 12:19 - Jul 17 by itfcjoe

Welsh fans will say he has been by far best player in last couple of years, and guess at 22 with >100 top flight appearances and >40 international caps it's still a young player with great pedigree

I saw him for Venezia in Roma and he was excellent that night as they nabbed a 1-1 with 10 men

My Welsh mate raves about him too. 22 and British, with Chelsea on his CV. £12m actually feels cheap, certainly will if Leeds bounce back and he has a good season in the PL.
Leeds United signing Ethan Ampadu from Chelsea on 14:32 - Jul 17 with 1770 viewsSwansea_Blue

Leeds United signing Ethan Ampadu from Chelsea on 14:11 - Jul 17 by the_toff

My Welsh mate raves about him too. 22 and British, with Chelsea on his CV. £12m actually feels cheap, certainly will if Leeds bounce back and he has a good season in the PL.

He’s really shined for Wales in the DM slot, but could fill any defender or defensive midfielder role. He’s a footballer too, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he could do a job at CM. I’m amazed he’s dropped down.

Leeds United signing Ethan Ampadu from Chelsea on 14:37 - Jul 17 with 1747 viewsthe_toff

Leeds United signing Ethan Ampadu from Chelsea on 14:32 - Jul 17 by Swansea_Blue

He’s really shined for Wales in the DM slot, but could fill any defender or defensive midfielder role. He’s a footballer too, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he could do a job at CM. I’m amazed he’s dropped down.

I guess there comes a point where you just want to do what you love doing. Sitting around at a club you're unlikely to get a chance of playing for and farmed out on loan can't be much fun.

As much as their 'we're massive' fans annoy me, Leeds is undeniably a very big club with a huge fan base. He came through at Exeter too, so perhaps his a bit more open minded than those that have been in the system at Chelsea since they were 7 or whatever. Good move for him.
Leeds United signing Ethan Ampadu from Chelsea on 14:40 - Jul 17 with 1727 viewsVaughan8

3 consecutive relegations isn't a great record to have. I'm sure the rut will stop there though.
Leeds United signing Ethan Ampadu from Chelsea on 15:09 - Jul 17 with 1612 viewsle2blue

Leeds United signing Ethan Ampadu from Chelsea on 12:19 - Jul 17 by itfcjoe

Fair enough, settling at a club will no doubt serve him well. Phil Hay says the fee is actually £7M which seems a good deal for Leeds.
Login to get fewer ads

Leeds United signing Ethan Ampadu from Chelsea on 15:32 - Jul 17 with 1516 viewshomer_123

Leeds United signing Ethan Ampadu from Chelsea on 14:40 - Jul 17 by Vaughan8

3 consecutive relegations isn't a great record to have. I'm sure the rut will stop there though.

Lest we forget our greatest Icelandic player.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Leeds United signing Ethan Ampadu from Chelsea on 18:20 - Jul 17 with 1241 viewscressi

Leeds United signing Ethan Ampadu from Chelsea on 15:32 - Jul 17 by homer_123

Lest we forget our greatest Icelandic player.

Funny Leeds let a half decent left back go gor 1.5 million lol
Leeds United signing Ethan Ampadu from Chelsea on 18:47 - Jul 17 with 1175 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Leeds United signing Ethan Ampadu from Chelsea on 13:49 - Jul 17 by Swansea_Blue

Blimey. That’s a ridiculously good signing for the Championship. He could be the best defender in the league.

Does that mean Charlie Cresswell might be available? Had a decent loan spell at Millwall last season, be a great signing in an area we need to strengthen.
Leeds United signing Ethan Ampadu from Chelsea on 20:35 - Jul 17 with 1023 viewsSwansea_Blue

Leeds United signing Ethan Ampadu from Chelsea on 18:47 - Jul 17 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Does that mean Charlie Cresswell might be available? Had a decent loan spell at Millwall last season, be a great signing in an area we need to strengthen.

I don’t know much about him or Leeds’ plans, but he had a good season last year with Millwall, so I’d have thought Leeds will use him themselves or maybe he might even attract interest from a PL club. Don’t know really. Seems like a promising player though and he (or someone like him) would be an excellent addition. I’d like us to bring 1 quality CB in.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024