Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we have a good season but don’t get promoted will KM be manager in 24/25 03:11 - Aug 21 with 1194 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

If we have a good season but don’t get promoted will KM be manager in 24/25 on 03:50 - Aug 21 with 1142 viewsFrimleyBlue

Depends on how KM sees his future.

For me. League 1.. he had to get promoted. For the project to get moving we had no choice esp after the funds paid out. He did that and that imo would have been owners minimum requirement.

Now.. championship.

I don't see any expectation this season. A hope yes but no expectation.

We could however come to that bridge next season of what KM wants to do..

If we have a good season but no promotion I've no doubt clubs will want him. Then it's about if he wants to stick around and continue in the project himself or if he wants to jump ship. Only he knows.

I still think with the catchment area of itfc and the future potential the club has with its potential fanbase. The funds available once in the prem.. there's no reason he can't achieve what he would want as a manager with town. It has big potential. It'll take time but he's young enough to try and do what sir Bobby did and there isn't a reason why it can't happen. It'll be tough. But it's possible.

The only time I see the owners getting involved is when they've invested further into player signings and we've had a season or two in the championship.

At the moment. They can't have any expectations when we've played 3 games with a side put together in league 1.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

If we have a good season but don’t get promoted will KM be manager in 24/25 on 05:46 - Aug 21 with 1097 viewsrodney76

He'll be in demand, and it could well be from clubs currently higher up in the pyramid. Not the likes of Sheffield United though.

He is getting a name for himself, that's for sure. This long unbeaten run and our hundred percent start to this season rather than promotion from League One seems to be the factor that could be exciting interest.

"Could" being the right word as the panic emanating from this forum is not yet backed up by the slightest evidence. A factor well worth remembering.

It depends on the extent that he on-board with the project and how far he can take it. This first managerial job must be a stepping stone as far as he is concerned, but he is still very, very young in managerial terms with years on his side.

I suppose money will come into it eventually ... big money.

As the poster above said, let's worry about this season first. He won't be going anywhere until that is done and dusted.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2023 6:02]
If we have a good season but don’t get promoted will KM be manager in 24/25 on 08:01 - Aug 21 with 928 viewsBrockleyBlue78

If we have a good season but don’t get promoted will KM be manager in 24/25 on 03:50 - Aug 21 by FrimleyBlue

For me. League 1.. he had to get promoted. For the project to get moving we had no choice esp after the funds paid out. He did that and that imo would have been owners minimum requirement.

Now.. championship.

If we have a good season but no promotion I've no doubt clubs will want him. Then it's about if he wants to stick around and continue in the project himself or if he wants to jump ship. Only he knows.

I still think with the catchment area of itfc and the future potential the club has with its potential fanbase. The funds available once in the prem.. there's no reason he can't achieve what he would want as a manager with town. It has big potential. It'll take time but he's young enough to try and do what sir Bobby did and there isn't a reason why it can't happen. It'll be tough. But it's possible.

The only time I see the owners getting involved is when they've invested further into player signings and we've had a season or two in the championship.

At the moment. They can't have any expectations when we've played 3 games with a side put together in league 1.

KM strikes me as being way to sensible and considered to risk moving to a bigger club too soon (Lampard?). From the outside looking in, it appears he has everything he could want and need at at the club at this moment in time (save maybe a couple of signings in they don’t land in the next couple of weeks) so I don’t think he’ll be going anywhere in the next 18 months. The biggest risk I can see to him leaving would be lack of success in the transfer market.
I think McKenna’s youth, foresight, family settling locally and his intelligen on 08:53 - Aug 21 with 853 viewsunstableblue

Mean I think he’s going to be here for a number of seasons.

He’s only 37, so miles away from his prime in terms of management.

He’s still relatively green, yet to be truly tested and have a run of difficult results. This will come, and Towns the best place to ride that out and get the experience.

He’s also very invested in the Town project, the club and the local area.. his kids will be going into local schools.

I think he’ll have a personal plan, and that will be to get Town promoted, and test himself with them in the Premier League.

I also think he’d only go to certain clubs from here. I think they’ve got to a significantly larger fan base, champions league potential and critically with stable and forward looking ownership - that’s really quite a small group. And perhaps London only if he keeps his family in Ipswich. Spurs seem to have found a manager to stick with.

In summary I think McKenna is too bright, too much of a strategic thinker, and too invested in the Town project to be leaving particularly soon.

Now there is one caveat, if he feels there is something inhibiting Town, missed transfer targets, need to sell a key player, a rupture in the relationship with Ashton, then you enter a different game. But I don’t see that happening.

He’ll leave, but not for 2 or 3 seasons, so enjoy every minute.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

If we have a good season but don’t get promoted will KM be manager in 24/25 on 09:49 - Aug 21 with 769 viewsGuthrum

If we have a good season but don’t get promoted will KM be manager in 24/25 on 03:50 - Aug 21 by FrimleyBlue

Now.. championship.

I think it depends upon how the season goes.

I don't just mean in terms of finishing position, but more if there's a clear and realistic path to promotion. for example, certain squad additions that aren't going to be unobtainable or destroy our financial stability. Perhaps a tactical evolution which will take a bit more time to perfect and integrate, or was very successful but developed too late to get us over the line. Maybe something as simple as avoiding a freak injury to a key player.

If there is that plain route to the top two/six, then I believe both the ownership* and McKenna will be happy to continue the project (barring, obviously, an approach from one of the really big Prem clubs - and perhaps even then, depending upon circumstances).

A bit like the situation at the end of 2021-22. We finished mid-table 11th, but there was plenty to indicate we had a good foundation for success the following season, with a number of by no means drastic adjustments.

* A good season in the Champ is progress on coming second in L1. Especially if it demonstrates further success within reach.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024