Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) 16:13 - Aug 19 with 6822 viewsArnieM

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) on 16:15 - Aug 19 with 4558 viewsFrimleyBlue

Yeah. It's trying to cover for the awful midfield.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) on 17:18 - Aug 19 with 4407 viewsBlueBadger

LOL gutted

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) on 17:26 - Aug 19 with 4335 viewspositivity

yeah, they've just got their 3rd consecutive clean sheet

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) on 17:26 - Aug 19 with 4334 viewsDaninthecampo

Yes 3 clean sheets in a row!
Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) on 17:32 - Aug 19 with 4282 viewsFrimleyBlue

Arnie you've made the biggest mistake. Commenting during a live game. Many posters don't like that and feel the forum should be shut down during a game. Well you'd think they would as they don't agree with live in game thoughts.

But you were right. They were awol on occasions. But they weren't offered much cover at times from a midfield who just couldn't pass a ball today.

We won tho and that's the main thing.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 17:33]

Waka waka eh eh

Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) on 17:32 - Aug 19 with 4299 viewsBarcaBlue

Your obsession is going to make you ill, relax, chill, enjoy the 3 points and second clean sheet on the bounce.
Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) on 18:44 - Aug 19 with 4163 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Arnie, if you are going to sh^t your pants every time we ride our luck a bit in this league, you and anyone on this forum are going to have a very long year.

This seasons Frimmers.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) on 18:47 - Aug 19 with 4147 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) on 17:26 - Aug 19 by positivity

yeah, they've just got their 3rd consecutive clean sheet

Tbf, there were more unforced errors than we’re used to today. We couldn’t handle Armstrong at times either; he looks a cracking prospect.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) on 20:16 - Aug 19 with 3980 viewswkj

Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) on 17:32 - Aug 19 by FrimleyBlue

Arnie you've made the biggest mistake. Commenting during a live game. Many posters don't like that and feel the forum should be shut down during a game. Well you'd think they would as they don't agree with live in game thoughts.

But you were right. They were awol on occasions. But they weren't offered much cover at times from a midfield who just couldn't pass a ball today.

Incorrect. Many posters don't like incoherent drivel and baseless hot takes. Otherwise its just banter when things 'don't age well'

TLDR:
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) on 21:45 - Aug 19 with 3815 viewsBlueBadger

Fancy seeing Frimmers turning out to defend a ludicrous hot take.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 22:01]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) on 21:48 - Aug 19 with 3802 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Well that aged well…
Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) on 00:24 - Aug 20 with 3587 viewsNutkins_Return

What are you on about Frimbot!? Just watched the whole match on replay and our midfield were in control for the majority of the match. Were they at free-flowing best? No. Did they work hard, close down and generally dictate the game: yes, for the most part.

A few loose passes becomes "couldn't pass a ball today". Seriously!?
Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) on 00:26 - Aug 20 with 3585 viewsSitfcB

Yeah I have, one goal conceded in 3 Championship games.

Bloody good buh.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) on 00:33 - Aug 20 with 3560 viewsFrimleyBlue

Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) on 00:24 - Aug 20 by Nutkins_Return

What are you on about Frimbot!? Just watched the whole match on replay and our midfield were in control for the majority of the match. Were they at free-flowing best? No. Did they work hard, close down and generally dictate the game: yes, for the most part.

A few loose passes becomes "couldn't pass a ball today". Seriously!?

Yes. They struggled with the ball alot today.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion so you're of course entitled to see It differently.

End of day we won. Who cares.

Waka waka eh eh

Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) on 00:40 - Aug 20 with 3550 viewsFrimleyBlue

Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) on 21:45 - Aug 19 by BlueBadger

Fancy seeing Frimmers turning out to defend a ludicrous hot take.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 22:01]

It wasn't ludicrous at the time of his post. That's the point. He's entitled to post what he wants during a live game. The forum is free for people to do so..

Suddenly people after the game come on and comment about number of cleansheets in previous games etc. He's not talking about anything other than that exact time of his post. Which I believed was when Armstrong went for a stroll past wolfy and clarke.. I can't remember exactly which moment it was this far on of course.

To many people get worked up on in game views which again I've said many times before. It's in game. There will be hot takes during games. It's the emotion and passion of football supporters.

Waka waka eh eh

Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) on 07:36 - Aug 20 with 3412 viewsBlueOura

Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) on 00:40 - Aug 20 by FrimleyBlue

It wasn't ludicrous at the time of his post. That's the point. He's entitled to post what he wants during a live game. The forum is free for people to do so..

Suddenly people after the game come on and comment about number of cleansheets in previous games etc. He's not talking about anything other than that exact time of his post. Which I believed was when Armstrong went for a stroll past wolfy and clarke.. I can't remember exactly which moment it was this far on of course.

To many people get worked up on in game views which again I've said many times before. It's in game. There will be hot takes during games. It's the emotion and passion of football supporters.

He's entitled to post it and others are entitled to call it out as nonsense if they see fit, that's how it works.

As for your "when Armstrong went for a stroll past wolfy and clarke" comment. Some of you really need to get a grip. Armstrong has electric pace and it was a great bit of play from him, admire it from that point of view rather than picking holes in every single aspect of our defending.

How many times does it have to be said that we are not going to have things all our own way this season? We are in the Championship and up against good players every single week, and guess what? We might actually lose a game soon and I really fear for some on here and how you will cope when that happens.
They are grown adults to boot on 07:54 - Aug 20 with 3336 viewsDyland

Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) on 18:44 - Aug 19 by Cheltenham_Blue

Arnie, if you are going to sh^t your pants every time we ride our luck a bit in this league, you and anyone on this forum are going to have a very long year.

This seasons Frimmers.

Sometimes I really hate the internet.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) on 08:10 - Aug 20 with 3289 viewsDJR

This isn't meant as criticism of people posting comments during a match, but as someone at the game yesterday I thought our defence played very well.

Of course you could say that Donacien was at fault when he gave the ball away which led to the shot hitting both posts but he was trying to play the ball out of danger in just the sort of way that McKenna wants. And whilst Armstrong did get past Woolfie and Clarke, they rather got in each other's way, which sometimes just happens.

In any event, you can't expect a Championship team like QPR not to have chances in a game, so I think a sense of perspective is needed.

Hladky was also great, and Morsy and Luongo were immense. Hirst also did well but Chaplin, Broadhead and Burns were perhaps a bit lacking, although I thought we really upped our game in the second half.

As it is, I felt throughout that we we pretty comfortable, and full expected us to come away with the points, despite not being at our best overall.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 8:11]
Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) on 08:17 - Aug 20 with 3256 viewsBiGDonnie

I’m adding you to the list of budgies.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

FFS on 08:17 - Aug 20 with 3264 viewsDyland

Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) on 00:33 - Aug 20 by FrimleyBlue

Yes. They struggled with the ball alot today.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion so you're of course entitled to see It differently.

End of day we won. Who cares.

"Yes. They struggled with the ball alot today. "

Plain wrong.

"Everyone's entitled to their opinion so you're of course entitled to see It differently."

Such a vacuous cliche and unreasonable position to take. I've never considered you a troll or a budgie or all the other sh1t thrown at you but by Christ you do make it hard.

Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) on 08:35 - Aug 20 with 3190 viewsfranz_tyson

Just think Arnies hammering on a bit too hard about the defence for too long. We've obviously bèen in the market for a new CB so we're trying to strengthen there. But if we can't get the defenders we want in - then why should we jettison the CBs who got us promotion for ones who might not be better? The first bloody defensive error or even just a good piece of offensive attack by the opposition .... and it's bloody moaning again about our defenders. We also leave ourselves a bit open by taking risks to open up the game and that also adds extra pressure on the defence- but its worked for us so far. Risk vs reward - and we've been handsomely rewarded, so let's not slag off the downside at the first opportunity.
I can see when(if) we sign a CB in the next 10 days there'll be a "about time, too" comment as if they've started to listen to Arnie.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 9:36]
This is it innit on 08:47 - Aug 20 with 3148 viewsDyland

Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) on 08:35 - Aug 20 by franz_tyson

Just think Arnies hammering on a bit too hard about the defence for too long. We've obviously bèen in the market for a new CB so we're trying to strengthen there. But if we can't get the defenders we want in - then why should we jettison the CBs who got us promotion for ones who might not be better? The first bloody defensive error or even just a good piece of offensive attack by the opposition .... and it's bloody moaning again about our defenders. We also leave ourselves a bit open by taking risks to open up the game and that also adds extra pressure on the defence- but its worked for us so far. Risk vs reward - and we've been handsomely rewarded, so let's not slag off the downside at the first opportunity.
I can see when(if) we sign a CB in the next 10 days there'll be a "about time, too" comment as if they've started to listen to Arnie.

Other teams are going to have chances and sometimes play well.

Think the mistake was the two defenders both left the other to deal with it. Clark looked a bit rusty in general too.

Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) on 08:49 - Aug 20 with 3133 viewsJon_456

Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) on 08:10 - Aug 20 by DJR

This isn't meant as criticism of people posting comments during a match, but as someone at the game yesterday I thought our defence played very well.

Of course you could say that Donacien was at fault when he gave the ball away which led to the shot hitting both posts but he was trying to play the ball out of danger in just the sort of way that McKenna wants. And whilst Armstrong did get past Woolfie and Clarke, they rather got in each other's way, which sometimes just happens.

In any event, you can't expect a Championship team like QPR not to have chances in a game, so I think a sense of perspective is needed.

Hladky was also great, and Morsy and Luongo were immense. Hirst also did well but Chaplin, Broadhead and Burns were perhaps a bit lacking, although I thought we really upped our game in the second half.

As it is, I felt throughout that we we pretty comfortable, and full expected us to come away with the points, despite not being at our best overall.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 8:11]

Was also at the game and agree with all that.

The three behind Hirst really struggled to get into the game.
Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) (n/t) on 08:58 - Aug 20 with 3093 viewsRyorry

Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) on 08:35 - Aug 20 by franz_tyson

(Post deleted after Franz Tyson edited his).
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 14:46]

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) on 09:01 - Aug 20 with 3081 viewsfranz_tyson

Anyone seen our bloody defence !! (n/t) (n/t) on 08:58 - Aug 20 by Ryorry

(Post deleted after Franz Tyson edited his).
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 14:46]

Fair point.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024