Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ready Freddie Go 15:58 - Sep 27 with 1621 viewsOldFart71

Has anyone else been really impressed by Freddie Ladapo this season. I personally could see him being sold and someone else coming in as I didn't think he was good enough for the Championship. Glad he's proving me wrong and whilst I can't see him starting if Hirst is fit he is a very important cog in a very well oiled wheel. Well done Freddie.
Ready Freddie Go on 16:12 - Sep 27 with 1574 viewswhymark4lazio0

While I didn't doubt that Freddie would be an important part of our squad this season, I must say it's very good of you to start this thread. I think that every member of our squad has something to offer and puts in 100% when called upon. For a 25 man squad that's exceptional and testament to McKenna's judgement and man management skills.

Poll: Should these Polls show number of votes as well as percentages?

Ready Freddie Go on 16:34 - Sep 27 with 1536 viewsWacko

Ready Freddie Go on 16:12 - Sep 27 by whymark4lazio0

While I didn't doubt that Freddie would be an important part of our squad this season, I must say it's very good of you to start this thread. I think that every member of our squad has something to offer and puts in 100% when called upon. For a 25 man squad that's exceptional and testament to McKenna's judgement and man management skills.

I think he’s great but we’re absolutely at the top end of his ceiling so I do think this could be his last season with us

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Ready Freddie Go on 16:58 - Sep 27 with 1479 viewsBigCommon

Ready Freddie Go on 16:34 - Sep 27 by Wacko

I think he’s great but we’re absolutely at the top end of his ceiling so I do think this could be his last season with us

I think he's improved loads under KM. He's a beast with his back to goal and draws freekicks and penalties.. And there's evidence that he's getting his shots off much earlier than he used to.. His goal last night looked a bit like a keeper error. But I think he gets that shot off so quickly, that the keeper is taken by surprise.. Much like his excellent strike at Posh, in the 3-0 last season..1 touch and bang.
Its not just youngsters that improve drastically.. Imo, Morsy, Chappers and Burgess, none of whom are youngsters, have stepped up a level massively in the last 12-18 months.. Ladapo will have his limitations, perhaps that burst of acceleration than Hirst possesses when closing down or making darting runs. But there's nothing to say that Freddy cant keep improving under the current set up, at those things hes already good at. Imo.
His goals per minutes since hes been here, is the best at the club, I believe.
Ready Freddie Go on 17:09 - Sep 27 with 1451 viewsnrb1985

Ready Freddie Go on 16:34 - Sep 27 by Wacko

Agreed. While he's capable of performances like last night and his Cardiff cameo, you can't also be throwing performances like he did at Sheff Weds the other day. That was just so far off what's required at this level. Really was like playing with ten men at times.

However, I've been very critical of Harness in the past too and he's shown a bit of form at this level of late so maybe he can turn it around. But I'd think Scarlett is now ahead of him as the Hirst deputy - he looks so much more assured with his touch and his ability to press defenders and run the channels.
Ready Freddie Go on 17:21 - Sep 27 with 1396 viewsWacko

Ready Freddie Go on 16:58 - Sep 27 by BigCommon

I think he's improved loads under KM. He's a beast with his back to goal and draws freekicks and penalties.. And there's evidence that he's getting his shots off much earlier than he used to.. His goal last night looked a bit like a keeper error. But I think he gets that shot off so quickly, that the keeper is taken by surprise.. Much like his excellent strike at Posh, in the 3-0 last season..1 touch and bang.
Its not just youngsters that improve drastically.. Imo, Morsy, Chappers and Burgess, none of whom are youngsters, have stepped up a level massively in the last 12-18 months.. Ladapo will have his limitations, perhaps that burst of acceleration than Hirst possesses when closing down or making darting runs. But there's nothing to say that Freddy cant keep improving under the current set up, at those things hes already good at. Imo.

Very true but I think the more we as a club improve, we’ll be looking to improve on all our first teamers, including Hirst, so that will have a trickle down effect on players like Freddie

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Ready Freddie Go on 17:23 - Sep 27 with 1383 viewsNthQldITFC

Ready Freddie Go on 16:58 - Sep 27 by BigCommon

To echo that:

His goals per minutes since he's been here, is the best at the club.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Ready Freddie Go on 17:52 - Sep 27 with 1309 viewsBigCommon

Ready Freddie Go on 17:21 - Sep 27 by Wacko

Very true but I think the more we as a club improve, we’ll be looking to improve on all our first teamers, including Hirst, so that will have a trickle down effect on players like Freddie

I know exactly what you mean... But we've heard it all before when we stepped up to The Championship... With Ladapo, Burgess, Harness., Jackson etc,, I don't like to write anyone off, whilst KM has got his hands on them. Freddy isnt going to turn into Harry Kane, anytime soon. But there might just be more to come from him, imo..
Ready Freddie Go on 18:22 - Sep 27 with 1230 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

I bet Wolves wished they had him in their team last night because he outshone a multi million pound stike force with his effort, desire, strength, good hold up play and some very nice touches.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Login to get fewer ads

Ready Freddie Go on 20:02 - Sep 27 with 1063 viewsSamuelowen88

He was immense last night, great hold up work. Their CB couldn't handle him at all.
Made so much space for others around him.

Poll: England v Wales Score

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024