Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our third goal yesterday 18:27 - Oct 29 with 1858 viewsBluemer

Just been watching the highlights and was wondering, Davis crosses the ball to Harness who shoots, the ball comes back off the defender and then Harness scores the rebound. Is Davis credited with an assist ?
Our third goal yesterday on 18:28 - Oct 29 with 1819 viewsPerublue

I wondered the same

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Our third goal yesterday on 18:32 - Oct 29 with 1769 viewsDarkBrandon

No. I’ve no idea why though.
Our third goal yesterday on 18:42 - Oct 29 with 1705 viewsSitfcB

No he’s not.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Our third goal yesterday on 19:06 - Oct 29 with 1634 viewsjayessess

No, you're more or less only credited with an assist if (a) your pass arrives untouched to the score (no deflections allowed, no matter how slight) and (b) no else gets even the slightest touch on it before their goalscoring shot.

Davis has been robbed of a few assists this season. His pass to Chaplin at QPR, his pass to Williams at Huddersfield ( https://jacksaunders.substack.com/p/ghost-assists ) amongst them. Still on 1 assist every other game though!
[Post edited 29 Oct 2023 22:32]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Our third goal yesterday on 19:17 - Oct 29 with 1595 viewsBluemer

Like the phrase Ghost assists
Our third goal yesterday on 20:24 - Oct 29 with 1405 viewscharlie1

Our third goal yesterday on 19:06 - Oct 29 by jayessess

No, you're more or less only credited with an assist if (a) your pass arrives untouched to the score (no deflections allowed, no matter how slight) and (b) no else gets even the slightest touch on it before their goalscoring shot.

Davis has been robbed of a few assists this season. His pass to Chaplin at QPR, his pass to Williams at Huddersfield ( https://jacksaunders.substack.com/p/ghost-assists ) amongst them. Still on 1 assist every other game though!
[Post edited 29 Oct 2023 22:32]

Didn’t the pass to Hirst for the second get touched by the defender on the way through?
Our third goal yesterday on 08:26 - Oct 30 with 1131 viewsjayessess

Our third goal yesterday on 20:24 - Oct 29 by charlie1

Didn’t the pass to Hirst for the second get touched by the defender on the way through?

Not that I saw? There seems to be a little inconsistency in assists getting awarded, very occasionally you'll get one for a slight deflection, sometimes on one website but not another (transfermarkt gave Davis that Huddersfield assist, fotmob, whoscored and the BBC didn't).

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Our third goal yesterday on 08:28 - Oct 30 with 1122 viewsJimmyJazz

Our third goal yesterday on 08:26 - Oct 30 by jayessess

Not that I saw? There seems to be a little inconsistency in assists getting awarded, very occasionally you'll get one for a slight deflection, sometimes on one website but not another (transfermarkt gave Davis that Huddersfield assist, fotmob, whoscored and the BBC didn't).

I'd give Massimo the assist for the first goal

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Login to get fewer ads

Our third goal yesterday on 09:32 - Oct 30 with 966 viewsbluefunk

Our third goal yesterday on 20:24 - Oct 29 by charlie1

From the usual TV angle it looks like he did but there’s another view from behind the goal where he clearly doesn’t, looks like he’s running through wet sand btw
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024