Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That's not a disaster 22:19 - Apr 10 with 1290 viewsSomethingBlue

Doesn't give us much breathing space but two games ago we'd have all taken keeping our noses ahead of Leeds. Much as we've missed opportunities since then, so have they. Another match where physically we've been made to suffer a bit but I think Boro may be a little more suited to us, hopefully we can find a way through them and into a much needed break. It's been said by a million different posters but we really, really miss what Burns brings us – although Jackson was unlucky not to have an assist in the first half.

One silver lining was Morsy keeping his head above water – made two fouls in the first 10 minutes or so when men ran past him and on the second one the Watford lad was very keen to remind the ref. Don't think he conceded another after that.

Sounded very quiet in there on Town TV – maybe that's a mistaken impression but hopefully our fans are able to hold their nerve with such a huge opportunity in our hands, we can still be confident the team will. Looking forward to being there on Saturday.
[Post edited 10 Apr 22:20]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

That's not a disaster on 22:24 - Apr 10 with 1213 viewsgainsboroughblue

It's still a decent midweek. Ticking off the games with it still in our own hands is key here. I'd be less confident if we had the Cov and Hull away games straight after the Boro one as we seriously need some R&R. Maybe Kieran can take them to an amusement park like SBR did in '81.

I'd be more than happy to go into Huddersfield at home knowing a win will do it. I suspect it'll be too tight to only need a draw.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

That's not a disaster on 22:27 - Apr 10 with 1172 viewsIllinoisblue

As expected, Watford annoyingly competent and well drilled. Didn’t give us a sniff second half. Big push needed for Boro then get some rest in those legs.

This is surely going to the last day, isn’t it? Oof.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

That's not a disaster on 22:35 - Apr 10 with 1074 viewsSWBlue22

That's not a disaster on 22:27 - Apr 10 by Illinoisblue

As expected, Watford annoyingly competent and well drilled. Didn’t give us a sniff second half. Big push needed for Boro then get some rest in those legs.

This is surely going to the last day, isn’t it? Oof.

Boro have to go all out for the win it’s their only hope of the play offs. So hopefully this plays into our hands and we can pick them off.
That's not a disaster on 22:40 - Apr 10 with 1018 viewsReuser_is_God

Yeah, was quiet tonight.

All down to nerves I think.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

That's not a disaster on 22:50 - Apr 10 with 941 viewsVegtablue

Felt we needed to win beforehand, honestly. We may now need to find our two best away performances of the season in the last three games of the season, which is possible but involves us elevating our game once more, when we've asked so much of them already (or getting lucky with oppo performances). Coventry in particular have only lost 3 in 20 at their place. Meanwhile we aren't creating much away from home, as much as we're managing to keep games tight.

I will need to reset my thinking overnight. Very pleased to have the two-week break fast approaching and hopefully we can find a win by any means Saturday, then do some hardcore resting.
That's not a disaster on 23:17 - Apr 10 with 798 viewsLankHenners

Does feel a bit disappointing given the opportunity we had but to go into the final 4 games with it still in our hands can't be sniffed at really.

At times unfortunate (Broadhead off the inside of the post, the same man again not being able to jump out the way of Taylor's shot), other times looking a bit tired or just lacking a little composure (Moore certainly looked leggy and a few times we put a ball across the box when no-one was there). Think McKenna called it right afterwards that it's one of those tough games where it's not easy to create loads of chances and on another day one of the ones we did have might have gone in.

Thought Jackson did quite well in spells in the first half but agree we did miss Burns again tonight - once Watford took control of the ball 2nd half and sat well off out of possession it pretty much killed Jackson's game.

As it turned out we probably had the strikers the wrong way round - could have done with Ali's running power when the game was a bit more open in the first half but Moore would have been very handy when we were sticking the ball in the box at the end. Another example really of how important Hirst has been to us - gives us the best of both worlds in terms of doing the physical stuff as well as clever running and pace to stretch defences. Let's hope him and Burns are back for the final 3 even if they can only offer 30 mins off the bench.

Thought atmosphere was ok first half, although did seem like it was the players getting the crowd going rather than the other way around. Second half it was a bit dead but think a lot of that had to do with Watford taking control, or at least stopping us from doing so, with the odd burst of excitement coming when we did have a bit of a run at their defence. One thing I picked out was Burgess after the game doing the 'geeing up' gesture to the Cobbold as the players walked towards the North - as if to say 'come on I know that was a bit frustrating but we all need to keep pushing now'.

4 wins from 4 does it. Probably won't happen like that but the other two won't win all their games either. A win on Saturday will do everyone the world of good (but won't come easy at all) then 2 weeks to prepare for the big showdown where the quirk of the fixture list means we'll know exactly what we have to do.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

That's not a disaster on 23:35 - Apr 10 with 717 viewstractorboy1978

Honestly think anything could happen from here. We can analyse run ins until we are blue in the face but ultimately it is going to boil down to handling pressure, a moment or two of quality and getting a bit of luck.

It's a shame that Broadhead strike didn't go in because I think it could have been a really comfortable win. Watford offered very little going forwards but made it a very structured game and we weren't able to create the sort of chaos we normally thrive off later on in games.
[Post edited 10 Apr 23:38]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024