Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for tomorrow 19:51 - Jan 1 with 1405 viewsSuperfrans

Bart
Chambers Webster Berra Kenlock
Ward Bru Skuse Lawrence
McGoldrick
Pitman

Possibly put Sears in from the start, ahead of Ward - as a 4-3-3.
We should go for them tomorrow.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Team for tomorrow on 19:58 - Jan 1 with 1372 viewsSteve_M

I would consider starting Varney ahead of McGoldrick. I didn't think the front two worked particularly well on Friday, certainly not in the first half and McGoldrick doesn't seem to be quite on his game at the moment. Both McG and Pitman are better playing off someone else.

Sears and McG as subs would be pretty good options to have.

I certainly wouldn't change too much, Kenlock and Bru both did enough to deserve another match.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Team for tomorrow on 20:02 - Jan 1 with 1326 viewsstrikalite

I like it, but Mick can't help himself in a defensive line-up so expect Douglas back in there, probably ahead of Ward so Bru playing right mid with Douglas back alongside Skuse is my guess..
Team for tomorrow on 20:08 - Jan 1 with 1283 viewsolimar

Team for tomorrow on 19:58 - Jan 1 by Steve_M

I would consider starting Varney ahead of McGoldrick. I didn't think the front two worked particularly well on Friday, certainly not in the first half and McGoldrick doesn't seem to be quite on his game at the moment. Both McG and Pitman are better playing off someone else.

I certainly wouldn't change too much, Kenlock and Bru both did enough to deserve another match.

Agree with that. I think McG is a bit of a conundrum right now. Hes our best player and yet Im not sure hes one of our best forwards.
Basically, I dont really know where we fit him in.

I think Sears possibly deserves a start ahead of Ward, but I wouldnt play 4-3-3 as we just dont have a forward to play that central role. So either Sears in a 4-4-2 or keep him to come on from the bench as was clearly a massive benefit on Friday.
Team for tomorrow on 20:12 - Jan 1 with 1245 viewsMullet

I thought that was more a sign of the whole team not quite clicking to be honest. But having the right ideas. If anything I'd like MM to keep it the same unless Knudsen is fit enough and let that midfield/attack go at a team who are easily able to crumble with a bit of pressure.

I can see the advantage of Varney if we think we'll get less time on the ball to pass it and switch it. He might just be enough of a nuisance to win the set piece or space that opens the game up to us too.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Team for tomorrow on 20:22 - Jan 1 with 1178 viewsSuperfrans

Team for tomorrow on 20:08 - Jan 1 by olimar

Agree with that. I think McG is a bit of a conundrum right now. Hes our best player and yet Im not sure hes one of our best forwards.
Basically, I dont really know where we fit him in.

I think Sears possibly deserves a start ahead of Ward, but I wouldnt play 4-3-3 as we just dont have a forward to play that central role. So either Sears in a 4-4-2 or keep him to come on from the bench as was clearly a massive benefit on Friday.

I thought Didzy did reasonably well on Friday. He's also a player who can retain the ball, something we will need vs QPR.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Team for tomorrow on 20:54 - Jan 1 with 1058 viewsolimar

Team for tomorrow on 20:22 - Jan 1 by Superfrans

I thought Didzy did reasonably well on Friday. He's also a player who can retain the ball, something we will need vs QPR.

Yes, thats very true, but I just think he comes very deep for the ball which tends to leave our forward too isolated.
Which also means that there is limited damage he can do with the ball.
Team for tomorrow on 22:05 - Jan 1 with 937 viewsolimar

Team for tomorrow on 20:12 - Jan 1 by Mullet

I thought that was more a sign of the whole team not quite clicking to be honest. But having the right ideas. If anything I'd like MM to keep it the same unless Knudsen is fit enough and let that midfield/attack go at a team who are easily able to crumble with a bit of pressure.

I can see the advantage of Varney if we think we'll get less time on the ball to pass it and switch it. He might just be enough of a nuisance to win the set piece or space that opens the game up to us too.

Generally agree except for the Knudsen bit...
Team for tomorrow on 22:40 - Jan 1 with 818 viewsYallop

We need to keep possession more so for that reason Mcg has to play. I thought he was decent one Friday. Had his old swagger back and was quicker again over the first few yards.

One of the many problems from Boxing Day was first half we had 30% possession and we improved once Mcg came on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024