Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Too Similar Diagouraga Unlikely to Return 17:55 - May 5 with 2100 viewsNewsTWTD

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/31654/too-similar-diagouraga-unlikely-to

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Too Similar Diagouraga Unlikely to Return on 20:44 - May 5 with 1980 viewsnshearman1

Another worrying decision. The difference between Diagiurouga and Skuse is that Diagourouga can pass the ball forward.
Too Similar Diagouraga Unlikely to Return on 20:52 - May 5 with 1960 viewsWickets

Too Similar Diagouraga Unlikely to Return on 20:44 - May 5 by nshearman1

Another worrying decision. The difference between Diagiurouga and Skuse is that Diagourouga can pass the ball forward.

In the words of Richard Naylor "runs around the middle of the park as though he is towing a caravan behind him"
Too Similar Diagouraga Unlikely to Return on 20:57 - May 5 with 1953 viewsHerbivore

Skuse is a superior player. I don't think there's much question about that. Dave has been mostly poor after a promising first few games.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Too Similar Diagouraga Unlikely to Return on 21:06 - May 5 with 1931 viewsbournemouthblue

McCarthy even says that himself but either doesn't value that side of his game too much or is trying to prove a point to Evans with a meagre budget

I think Dave is a decent player who has been used badly by McCarthy at times, playing him together with Skuse is a definite no no but having someone who can do that role without Skuse in the team is invaluable imho

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Too Similar Diagouraga Unlikely to Return on 21:13 - May 5 with 1917 viewsMullet

Too Similar Diagouraga Unlikely to Return on 20:57 - May 5 by Herbivore

Skuse is a superior player. I don't think there's much question about that. Dave has been mostly poor after a promising first few games.

Some of the comments on that story are hilarious/disgusting in equal measure. Amazing some people simply refused to see a player lunging into tackles because he can't run and excusing several poor performances to boot.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Too Similar Diagouraga Unlikely to Return on 21:18 - May 5 with 1899 viewsVaughan8

I thought the squad was having a shake up. We are still going to have Skuse as a favourite/starter?!?

Deary me. This is part of the problem. Skuse is OK but he is about our level at the moment. He is not going to improve us. I know "his position isn't supposed to create or score chances" but come on. Defensive midfielders do create and score. Someone like Wanyama at spurs isnt know for his scoring but i bet he has got a few this season.
Too Similar Diagouraga Unlikely to Return on 21:21 - May 5 with 1893 viewsMullet

Too Similar Diagouraga Unlikely to Return on 21:18 - May 5 by Vaughan8

I thought the squad was having a shake up. We are still going to have Skuse as a favourite/starter?!?

Deary me. This is part of the problem. Skuse is OK but he is about our level at the moment. He is not going to improve us. I know "his position isn't supposed to create or score chances" but come on. Defensive midfielders do create and score. Someone like Wanyama at spurs isnt know for his scoring but i bet he has got a few this season.

In a free scoring top of the table team? Possibly.

Mick is simply being polite. Diagouraga was a poor signing but a decent bloke. Suits all parties to wish him well like this.

Too Similar Diagouraga Unlikely to Return on 21:25 - May 5 with 1882 viewsVaughan8

Too Similar Diagouraga Unlikely to Return on 21:21 - May 5 by Mullet

Mick is simply being polite. Diagouraga was a poor signing but a decent bloke. Suits all parties to wish him well like this.

Yeah wanyama was a bad example but you know what I mean! Haha
Login to get fewer ads

Too Similar Diagouraga Unlikely to Return on 00:56 - May 6 with 1753 viewsbournemouthblue

Too Similar Diagouraga Unlikely to Return on 21:21 - May 5 by Mullet

disagreed, he's had some good games. His positivity from defensive situations, leads to a far better brand of football. It gets a lot more out of Huws and Ward.

His bad games have generally been down to poor team selection. He's great in the Skuse role but twinned with Skuse he is as ineffective as Douglas and it's worrying that MM couldn't see it.

If we replace him with an all action midfielder who can control a game, I won't mind but if we end up with a different journeyman in his place, I'll be very disappointed.

I wonder who we'll end up with someone like Jacob Mellis, he looked promising a few seasons ago?
[Post edited 6 May 2017 0:57]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Too Similar Diagouraga Unlikely to Return on 07:53 - May 6 with 1666 viewsMullet

Too Similar Diagouraga Unlikely to Return on 00:56 - May 6 by bournemouthblue

disagreed, he's had some good games. His positivity from defensive situations, leads to a far better brand of football. It gets a lot more out of Huws and Ward.

His bad games have generally been down to poor team selection. He's great in the Skuse role but twinned with Skuse he is as ineffective as Douglas and it's worrying that MM couldn't see it.

If we replace him with an all action midfielder who can control a game, I won't mind but if we end up with a different journeyman in his place, I'll be very disappointed.

I wonder who we'll end up with someone like Jacob Mellis, he looked promising a few seasons ago?
[Post edited 6 May 2017 0:57]

I'm not really sure that's anything than colouring his spell here. He and Skuse looked brilliant at Preston with the caveat of him not being fit.

He was also ungodly bad at Barnsley weeks later and then at Rotherham still didn't look up to match speed. Our form in general was patchy during his time as was Huws and Ward's so I'm not sure I buy his effect on their game particularly.

The bloke just seems to have suffered from no football for half a season and never got back up and running. I can't think of a game at his "best" which matches up with Skuse on a 7/10 day let alone say the Newcastle game. It's disappointing as I hoped he'd have a future here.

Too Similar Diagouraga Unlikely to Return on 08:20 - May 6 with 1631 viewsbluesym

Too Similar Diagouraga Unlikely to Return on 07:53 - May 6 by Mullet

I'm not really sure that's anything than colouring his spell here. He and Skuse looked brilliant at Preston with the caveat of him not being fit.

He was also ungodly bad at Barnsley weeks later and then at Rotherham still didn't look up to match speed. Our form in general was patchy during his time as was Huws and Ward's so I'm not sure I buy his effect on their game particularly.

The bloke just seems to have suffered from no football for half a season and never got back up and running. I can't think of a game at his "best" which matches up with Skuse on a 7/10 day let alone say the Newcastle game. It's disappointing as I hoped he'd have a future here.

I cant say I would be disappointed to see Diagouraga not signed,but,as ive put in another thread,my concern is that we dont freshen up a poor (in my opinion) set of midfield options.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Too Similar Diagouraga Unlikely to Return on 08:24 - May 6 with 1621 viewsHerbivore

Too Similar Diagouraga Unlikely to Return on 08:20 - May 6 by bluesym

I cant say I would be disappointed to see Diagouraga not signed,but,as ive put in another thread,my concern is that we dont freshen up a poor (in my opinion) set of midfield options.

I'm hopeful we'll sign Huws. Ward has generally looked good in the middle too, albeit he's thrown in the odd poor game which is unsurprising as he's still young and learning his trade. I expect Dozzell, Benyu and Bishop to kick on next season too, Blanchfield and Nydam are coming along well too. I'm not sure it's necessarily the midfield options that are the problem but getting the balance right.

Too Similar Diagouraga Unlikely to Return on 13:16 - May 6 with 1536 viewsnshearman1

Too Similar Diagouraga Unlikely to Return on 08:24 - May 6 by Herbivore

I'm hopeful we'll sign Huws. Ward has generally looked good in the middle too, albeit he's thrown in the odd poor game which is unsurprising as he's still young and learning his trade. I expect Dozzell, Benyu and Bishop to kick on next season too, Blanchfield and Nydam are coming along well too. I'm not sure it's necessarily the midfield options that are the problem but getting the balance right.

We have problems throughout the team, apart from goalkeeper, and certainly in midfield. Given that we're needing two decent players in every position, who now is the realistic alternative holding midfielder to Skuse? Presumably now we will have to bring in a better player than Diagourouga (on no money?) who is not too similar to Skuse?
Too Similar Diagouraga Unlikely to Return on 13:45 - May 6 with 1503 viewsHerbivore

Too Similar Diagouraga Unlikely to Return on 13:16 - May 6 by nshearman1

We have problems throughout the team, apart from goalkeeper, and certainly in midfield. Given that we're needing two decent players in every position, who now is the realistic alternative holding midfielder to Skuse? Presumably now we will have to bring in a better player than Diagourouga (on no money?) who is not too similar to Skuse?

One minute the fans are saying if we want to move forward we can't have someone like Skuse in the side as he doesn't do enough going forward, now we've let Dave go suddenly it was a bad move as we need two Skuses in our squad. I can't keep up with ITFC fan logic these days.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024