Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are 12:48 - Jun 15 with 10544 viewsDolly2.0

the more likely you are to vote Tory.

"In last week’s vote, while the Conservatives’ support decreases the more educated a voter is, the opposite was true for Labour and the Lib Dems.

Amongst those with low educational qualifications (defined as GCSE or equivalent or below) the Conservatives beat Labour by 22%. However amongst those with high level educational qualifications (defined as degree-level or above) Labour led by 17 percentage points."

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/06/13/how-britain-voted-2017-general-election/

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 12:51 - Jun 15 with 4487 viewsFtnfwest

we've done this before. The older you are the less educational opportunities you had...
Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:15 - Jun 15 with 4382 viewsBergholtBru

You are obviously the exception that proves the rule.

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:18 - Jun 15 with 4363 viewsDolly2.0

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 12:51 - Jun 15 by Ftnfwest

we've done this before. The older you are the less educational opportunities you had...

That's only a part of it though isn't it?

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:19 - Jun 15 with 4352 viewsbenno1uk

Yeah cos polls have proven really accurate recently haven't they?
What about the great unwashed? on 13:21 - Jun 15 with 4343 viewsusm

They all vote Labour and theyre a bit thick.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

What about the great unwashed? on 13:25 - Jun 15 with 4331 viewsBlueBadger

What about the great unwashed? on 13:21 - Jun 15 by usm

They all vote Labour and theyre a bit thick.

*they're

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:26 - Jun 15 with 4323 viewsbenno1uk

Under Bliar they were giving degrees away in Cornflake packets weren't they?
Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:29 - Jun 15 with 4301 viewsBlueBadger

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:19 - Jun 15 by benno1uk

Yeah cos polls have proven really accurate recently haven't they?

Would these be the ones who predicted a hung parliament?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:32 - Jun 15 with 4279 viewsbenno1uk

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:29 - Jun 15 by BlueBadger

Nope
Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:36 - Jun 15 with 4244 viewsBlueBadger

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:32 - Jun 15 by benno1uk

Nope

So, which inaccurate polls are you referring to then?

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:37 - Jun 15 with 4239 viewsTheBlueBarca

I see Dolly is doing his best to promote the local Labour Party again, I hope the Ipswich candidate has included TWTD in their election expenses or the Labour Party could be in trouble for not reporting all of their promotional material at the Election.

Jokes aside, it's a secret ballot. They don't know how anyone actually voted, just whoever they've asked. They can skew it anyway they want by asking certain questions to certain groups to ascertain the politically advantageous answer they wish the acquire. Dolly knows this of course, as do most people.

It's all irrelevant, as the result is in and we are where we are.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2017 13:38]

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:37 - Jun 15 with 4237 viewsbenno1uk

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:36 - Jun 15 by BlueBadger

So, which inaccurate polls are you referring to then?

Referendum / Trump / This last election
Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:38 - Jun 15 with 4238 viewsGlasgowBlue

A man who thought that the election was being held over two days, on Thursday and Friday depending on what party you were voting for, is talking about the intelligence of certain voters?

Ironictastic!!

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:38 - Jun 15 with 4230 viewsBlueBadger

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:15 - Jun 15 by BergholtBru

You are obviously the exception that proves the rule.

Degree educated Dolly voted Tory?

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:41 - Jun 15 with 4204 viewsbenno1uk

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:38 - Jun 15 by GlasgowBlue

A man who thought that the election was being held over two days, on Thursday and Friday depending on what party you were voting for, is talking about the intelligence of certain voters?

Ironictastic!!

I agree. But let's make a distinction between 'intelligence' and 'educated'. Plenty of thickos got giveaway degrees and think they're Elon Musk.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2017 13:42]
Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:42 - Jun 15 with 4193 viewsBlueBadger

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:37 - Jun 15 by benno1uk

Referendum / Trump / This last election

This last election that was called accurately or the other two that were within their stated margins of error?

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:49 - Jun 15 with 4164 viewsBlueBadger

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:41 - Jun 15 by benno1uk

I agree. But let's make a distinction between 'intelligence' and 'educated'. Plenty of thickos got giveaway degrees and think they're Elon Musk.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2017 13:42]

What you also get with increasingly higher levels of education, regardless of whether you pass or not, is an ever-increasing focus on critical thinking. which, regardless of how actually clever you are, does at least tend to make you stop and pause before sucking up simplistic claims made in tabloid newspapers or people drawing outlandish conclusions from links they're posting on TWTD, for example.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2017 13:52]

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:55 - Jun 15 with 4117 viewsDolly2.0

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:37 - Jun 15 by TheBlueBarca

I see Dolly is doing his best to promote the local Labour Party again, I hope the Ipswich candidate has included TWTD in their election expenses or the Labour Party could be in trouble for not reporting all of their promotional material at the Election.

Jokes aside, it's a secret ballot. They don't know how anyone actually voted, just whoever they've asked. They can skew it anyway they want by asking certain questions to certain groups to ascertain the politically advantageous answer they wish the acquire. Dolly knows this of course, as do most people.

It's all irrelevant, as the result is in and we are where we are.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2017 13:38]

When have I ever promoted the local Labour Party in Ipswich? I live in Brixton in South London.

As to the rest, this is YouGov. You think they are skewing the questions to ascertain the politically advantageous answer they wish to acquire?!?!

What political advantage are YouGov getting from this?

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:55 - Jun 15 with 4112 viewsusm

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:49 - Jun 15 by BlueBadger

What you also get with increasingly higher levels of education, regardless of whether you pass or not, is an ever-increasing focus on critical thinking. which, regardless of how actually clever you are, does at least tend to make you stop and pause before sucking up simplistic claims made in tabloid newspapers or people drawing outlandish conclusions from links they're posting on TWTD, for example.

VOTE BADGER

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:56 - Jun 15 with 4101 viewsNewcyBlue

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:49 - Jun 15 by BlueBadger

You mean there isn't going to be £350m to fund the NHS?!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:57 - Jun 15 with 4094 viewsDolly2.0

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:38 - Jun 15 by GlasgowBlue

Ironictastic!!

SWERVE ALERT KLAXON!!!

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:59 - Jun 15 with 4082 viewsDolly2.0

I've never agreed with you more.

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:00 - Jun 15 with 4080 viewsGlasgowBlue

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:57 - Jun 15 by Dolly2.0

SWERVE ALERT KLAXON!!!

A similar survey was discussed on here last month which I contributed fully to, so no swerve.

Education and voting intentions by feelingblue 17 May 2017 14:23
Interesting article.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39936927

Please learn what words mean Mr Thickie.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2017 14:18]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:02 - Jun 15 with 4063 viewsCaptainObvious

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:29 - Jun 15 by BlueBadger

Nearly all the opinion polls all predicted a conservative win. Only the exit poll was close to being correct.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:03 - Jun 15 with 4051 viewsCaptainObvious

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:42 - Jun 15 by BlueBadger

This last election that was called accurately or the other two that were within their stated margins of error?

What were the margins of error - being one result away from the correct one?

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024