Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are 12:48 - Jun 15 with 10554 viewsDolly2.0

the more likely you are to vote Tory.

"In last week’s vote, while the Conservatives’ support decreases the more educated a voter is, the opposite was true for Labour and the Lib Dems.

Amongst those with low educational qualifications (defined as GCSE or equivalent or below) the Conservatives beat Labour by 22%. However amongst those with high level educational qualifications (defined as degree-level or above) Labour led by 17 percentage points."

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/06/13/how-britain-voted-2017-general-election/

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:03 - Jun 15 with 2422 viewsbenno1uk

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:49 - Jun 15 by BlueBadger

What you also get with increasingly higher levels of education, regardless of whether you pass or not, is an ever-increasing focus on critical thinking. which, regardless of how actually clever you are, does at least tend to make you stop and pause before sucking up simplistic claims made in tabloid newspapers or people drawing outlandish conclusions from links they're posting on TWTD, for example.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2017 13:52]

Is that why all hipsters are sheep?
Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:05 - Jun 15 with 2418 viewsBlueBadger

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:03 - Jun 15 by benno1uk

Is that why all hipsters are sheep?

What point is Roger Irrelevant here trying to make?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:06 - Jun 15 with 2418 viewsCaptainObvious

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:36 - Jun 15 by BlueBadger

So, which inaccurate polls are you referring to then?

YouGov getting it wrong yet again on the day of the election

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:06 - Jun 15 with 2416 viewsfactual_blue

I bet Guido's Mouthpiece attempts to refute this, thereby proving it.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:10 - Jun 15 with 2403 viewsBlueBadger

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:06 - Jun 15 by CaptainObvious

YouGov getting it wrong yet again on the day of the election

I might stand down before I make more of a prat of myself on this sub-thread.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:11 - Jun 15 with 2400 viewsbenno1uk

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:05 - Jun 15 by BlueBadger

What point is Roger Irrelevant here trying to make?

I don't know really. I guess I'm trying to just question things a bit.

Everyone here seems so certain of themselves even when refuting facts. That's all.
Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:11 - Jun 15 with 2397 viewsBlueBadger

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:10 - Jun 15 by BlueBadger

I might stand down before I make more of a prat of myself on this sub-thread.

I would however, like the TWTD equivalent of a blue plaque saying 'on this day, someone on the internet admitted they might be wrong'.

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:11 - Jun 15 with 2392 viewsBlueBadger

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:11 - Jun 15 by benno1uk

I don't know really. I guess I'm trying to just question things a bit.

Everyone here seems so certain of themselves even when refuting facts. That's all.

Is that why clouds are white and fluffy?

Login to get fewer ads

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:12 - Jun 15 with 2393 viewsfactual_blue

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 12:51 - Jun 15 by Ftnfwest

we've done this before. The older you are the less educational opportunities you had...

'Fewer' educational opportunities.

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:14 - Jun 15 with 2383 viewsCaptainObvious

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:11 - Jun 15 by BlueBadger

I would however, like the TWTD equivalent of a blue plaque saying 'on this day, someone on the internet admitted they might be wrong'.

I spent a lot of last week telling everyone that the Conservatives would win a 100 seat majority so you're going to have to work a bit harder to get that plaque off me

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:14 - Jun 15 with 2370 viewsbenno1uk

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:11 - Jun 15 by BlueBadger

Is that why clouds are white and fluffy?

All clouds are green.
Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:20 - Jun 15 with 2352 viewsFtnfwest

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:12 - Jun 15 by factual_blue

'Fewer' educational opportunities.

Not a sentence, but i take the point.
Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:20 - Jun 15 with 2354 viewsnoggin

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:41 - Jun 15 by benno1uk

I agree. But let's make a distinction between 'intelligence' and 'educated'. Plenty of thickos got giveaway degrees and think they're Elon Musk.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2017 13:42]

Indeed, Corbyn is less educated than May but far more intelligent.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:22 - Jun 15 with 2336 viewsWD19

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:49 - Jun 15 by BlueBadger

What you also get with increasingly higher levels of education, regardless of whether you pass or not, is an ever-increasing focus on critical thinking. which, regardless of how actually clever you are, does at least tend to make you stop and pause before sucking up simplistic claims made in tabloid newspapers or people drawing outlandish conclusions from links they're posting on TWTD, for example.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2017 13:52]

As a general rule of thumb, people who credit themselves with being critical thinkers, aren't.
Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:23 - Jun 15 with 2335 viewsBlueBadger

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:20 - Jun 15 by Ftnfwest

Not a sentence, but i take the point.

*Capital letter for 'I'.

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:25 - Jun 15 with 2322 viewsfactual_blue

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:02 - Jun 15 by CaptainObvious

Nearly all the opinion polls all predicted a conservative win. Only the exit poll was close to being correct.

Although this isn't an opinion poll.

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:25 - Jun 15 with 2320 viewsBlueBadger

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:22 - Jun 15 by WD19

As a general rule of thumb, people who credit themselves with being critical thinkers, aren't.

General rules of thump are not empirical enough evidence to support your criticisms....

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:26 - Jun 15 with 2320 viewsWD19

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:25 - Jun 15 by BlueBadger

General rules of thump are not empirical enough evidence to support your criticisms....

No, but fortunately it appears they are sufficient for me to hit you.
Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:27 - Jun 15 with 2312 viewsFtnfwest

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:23 - Jun 15 by BlueBadger

*Capital letter for 'I'.

You haven't edited my post with an asterisk so i can't see where you mean.
Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:28 - Jun 15 with 2315 viewsfactual_blue

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 13:26 - Jun 15 by benno1uk

Under Bliar they were giving degrees away in Cornflake packets weren't they?

Not to everybody, it seems.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2017 14:29]

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:29 - Jun 15 with 2308 viewsBlueBadger

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:26 - Jun 15 by WD19

No, but fortunately it appears they are sufficient for me to hit you.

That's what qualifications from the University Of Life will give you..

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:29 - Jun 15 with 2307 viewsBlueBadger

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:28 - Jun 15 by factual_blue

*to

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:31 - Jun 15 with 2299 viewsBlueBadger

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:28 - Jun 15 by factual_blue

Ah now, Benters' Desmond from This Bloke In The Pub Said Poly is an entirely valid qualification.

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:31 - Jun 15 with 2294 viewsBlueBadger

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:27 - Jun 15 by Ftnfwest

You haven't edited my post with an asterisk so i can't see where you mean.

If it helps, there's only two of them...

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 15:00 - Jun 15 with 2266 viewsDolly2.0

Don't shoot the messenger, but it appears the less educated you are on 14:00 - Jun 15 by GlasgowBlue

A similar survey was discussed on here last month which I contributed fully to, so no swerve.

Education and voting intentions by feelingblue 17 May 2017 14:23
Interesting article.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39936927

Please learn what words mean Mr Thickie.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2017 14:18]

Apologies for not reading every thread on TWTD. I obviously don't have as much time on my hands as you.

Not sure that makes me a "thickie" though.

We have already discussed that I know what words mean. i do, after all, write for a living.

You've become very rude and obnoxious lately. Upset about leaving your party?

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024