Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some Millwall Supporters' Thoughts Ahead of Tonight's Game... 14:11 - Aug 15 with 2555 viewsHarryfromBath

I have had a look around Lions' forums to see in they have any specific match-day thoughts worth feeding back. They had little to say over the weekend and to be honest there has not been all that much added since. Here are the bits and pieces I could find...

The latest poll on one forum has 44% of them predicting an Ipswich win, 40% saying a Millwall win and 16% saying a draw so they are not brimming with optimism. The vast majority of score forecasts are for 1-0 and 2-1 wins either way. None of them are expecting a high-scoring game.

There has been no comment about our specific players, but they are torn on which two of Lee Gregory, Steve Morison and Tom Elliott should start up front. Gregory is a more fluid and mobile striker but his finishing has been very poor lately. Morison and Elliott are seen as target-men who may be too similar in style.

"Up front Morison and Gregory are a great partnership. They both had chances on Saturday but failed to score. Elliott is an option but would he be a better option as an impact sub with 30 minutes to make an impact? Giving him 10 minutes is expecting a lot."

"Morison is a good player but must be in the team on merit and rested when he or it are not working", "If we keep the same style and format then Morison stays. Certainly just changing one lump' for another seems pointless."

"We could quite easy have six points now rather then the one if we had been more clinical in front of goal and Elliott deserves to start", "We seem to be putting a lot of faith in Elliot who in his career averages a goal in nearly four games,playing for such greats as Stockport, Cambridge and Wimbledon, the majority coming in League Two."

"Ipswich are solid and difficult to score against so I don't envisage we will be able to pass the ball through them. I would promote Elliott and keep Morison to have two big strikers in hope that Jed Wallace and Shane Ferguson can provide decent deliveries into the danger area from the wings and the Tractor Boys will struggle against the lofted ball."

"If we keep creating so many chances law of averages we will start scoring, and Ipswich could be the s*** c***s who we bang a hat full of goals in against. That said, I would settle for a 1-0 win with one of their carrot-up-the-bum players scoring own goal, and I hope thick Mick gets bundles of abuse, s*** c***, i hate that ugly c***", "A bit harsh that, he always talks highly of you."

"Did someone mention Big Mick?" "Whenever Mick returns I can't help but think of the what ifs." Lions were happy to expand on Mick's final (1995/96) season at the Den. He left in February 1996 to take over as Republic of Ireland manager with Millwall comfortably clear of the bottom three, but a sharp loss of form in the run-in saw them relegated on goals scored.

"Mick was doing alright and we were top of the league early season. Then he was appointed Ireland manager in waiting and I don't think we won another game at home until we beat Birmingham, a lively night and we played like Brazil! It's a long time ago now but we probably should have ****ed him off as soon as it was public."

"I have just been talking to a Barnsley fan who still can't believe how they lost to Ipswich on Saturday. They were one up early first half and absolutely battering them, the Ipswich keeper made two top class saves to keep it 1-0 at half time.

"In the second half Ipswich had two shots on target and scored from both of them. They have a few injury doubts and hopefully are still feeling a bit groggy from Saturday. Get at them early, take our chances and have it won by half time", "Ipswich are a likely mid-table side so Millwall have to go for a win."

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Some Millwall Supporters' Thoughts Ahead of Tonight's Game... on 14:30 - Aug 15 with 2372 viewsLord_Lucan

Can I be the first to say how busy you are?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Some Millwall Supporters' Thoughts Ahead of Tonight's Game... on 14:32 - Aug 15 with 2357 viewsHarryfromBath

Some Millwall Supporters' Thoughts Ahead of Tonight's Game... on 14:30 - Aug 15 by Lord_Lucan

Can I be the first to say how busy you are?

Cheers Lucan - I'm seriously busy this evening. Just about to head off to the game and really looking forward to it.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Some Millwall Supporters' Thoughts Ahead of Tonight's Game... on 14:47 - Aug 15 with 2252 viewshoppy

Some Millwall Supporters' Thoughts Ahead of Tonight's Game... on 14:32 - Aug 15 by HarryfromBath

Cheers Lucan - I'm seriously busy this evening. Just about to head off to the game and really looking forward to it.

Once you're at the game, will you still be busy, or will you just be a **** then?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Some Millwall Supporters' Thoughts Ahead of Tonight's Game... on 14:48 - Aug 15 with 2249 viewsfooters

Some Millwall Supporters' Thoughts Ahead of Tonight's Game... on 14:47 - Aug 15 by hoppy

Once you're at the game, will you still be busy, or will you just be a **** then?

If the Millwall supporters are anything to go by, he may be a s*** c***.

Great work as ever, cheers Harry!

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Some Millwall Supporters' Thoughts Ahead of Tonight's Game... on 15:20 - Aug 15 with 2104 viewsMullet

Some Millwall Supporters' Thoughts Ahead of Tonight's Game... on 14:47 - Aug 15 by hoppy

Can't help but worry about him

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024