Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So great to see the club seemingly turn a corner 22:47 - Aug 15 with 1792 viewsLuk38644

I think we all agree, Mick included, that last season was crap. Crap football, crap performances, crap final position. The whole lot. Crap.

I think most sensible fans agreed that the best thing for ITFC would be either for Marcus to give Mick a budget and stay/try turn it around, or if Evans didn't give him a budget, to part ways. Thankfully, it seems the former has happened and in our first 4 games, we've reaped the rewards.

Without that smidgen of investment, we wouldn't have Garner and we wouldn't have Waghorn. Both of those have reinvigorated our strike force, not just through goals, but through energy, commitment and attitude. I love watching Garner charge around causing havoc!

It's not just been investment though, because Mick has used 10 players under 22 in these four games... 10! Those youngsters have not only played, but they've excelled. Downes and Nydam have not looked out of place at all and it's great to see a squad with a mix of experienced pros, players with a point to prove and a youthful exuberance.

Hopefully, these first four games are a sign of things to come. Better football, plenty of youngsters, plenty of goals and unity returning between staff/players/fans. Still early days but what a great start, bring on Brentford and bring on the Scum!
[Post edited 15 Aug 2017 23:16]
So great to see the club seemingly turn a corner on 22:58 - Aug 15 with 1733 viewsbenno1uk

Excellent post
So great to see the club seemingly turn a corner on 23:04 - Aug 15 with 1707 views3_5_2

Spot on mate

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

So great to see the club seemingly turn a corner on 23:13 - Aug 15 with 1672 viewsstantheman

I think the main thing about the youngsters is that it has taken this long to bring them through after the Keane and Jewell era. It takes time to develop enough good quality players and now we have them we should be better placed to bring them into the squad. Players mature and at last, with the coaching system we have now, we can expect more youth coming through. The other factor is we still have enough experience in Chambers, Skuse and McGoldrick to mentor them through difficult stages in the game.
So great to see the club seemingly turn a corner on 23:23 - Aug 15 with 1629 viewsGuthrum

It didn't even need a lot of investment. Couple of million-ish, nothing by the standards of much of the division.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So great to see the club seemingly turn a corner on 23:26 - Aug 15 with 1608 viewschristiand

Couldn't agree more. Not just on the pitch, the little initatives off it (after the initial balls up) has also helped to add to the feel good factor around the club. Just hope they continue with both approaches and don't rest on their laurels, as I feel sure supporters will buy into this and the feel good factor will flourish amongst us all as support of the club will begin to gather momentum.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2017 23:34]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

So great to see the club seemingly turn a corner on 23:37 - Aug 15 with 1569 viewsStNeotsBlue

So great to see the club seemingly turn a corner on 23:23 - Aug 15 by Guthrum

It didn't even need a lot of investment. Couple of million-ish, nothing by the standards of much of the division.

It's early days but this is why I've been so frustrated with us the last couple of seasons. Since the Millwall away game in the play off year we were so close and have since been on a slow descent, a Marcus Stewart type signing would have seen us go up. Hopefully we've got the mix right again and can have a go this year.

Results like tonight's are what it is all about. Happy days.
So great to see the club seemingly turn a corner on 23:42 - Aug 15 with 1549 viewsHipsterectomy

Luke Chambers celebrations after the fist pump where he pointed at the town upper tier with both hands and was frantically nodding his head were nice to see.

I'm not sure if it was "that's what you deserve for your support" or "that's what you get when you support us" but it showed that once again we are on good terms with the players again.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

So great to see the club seemingly turn a corner on 01:39 - Aug 16 with 1449 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Whisper it quietly Luke, we've got our Ipswich back.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Login to get fewer ads

So great to see the club seemingly turn a corner on 17:25 - Aug 16 with 1273 viewsLuk38644

So great to see the club seemingly turn a corner on 01:39 - Aug 16 by The_Romford_Blue

Whisper it quietly Luke, we've got our Ipswich back.

Amazing what a tiny bit of investment can do!
So great to see the club seemingly turn a corner on 17:46 - Aug 16 with 1246 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Good and I agree with much of that, of course you shouted me down all season for saying we were rubbish this time last year, or whenever the Villa game was.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024