Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"We must stop treating fans as the enemy." 14:30 - Aug 31 with 1494 viewsmonytowbray

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/31/policed-football-fans-enem

Nail. Head.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

"We must stop treating fans as the enemy." on 14:33 - Aug 31 with 1476 viewsGuthrum

Indeed.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

"We must stop treating fans as the enemy." on 14:38 - Aug 31 with 1463 viewstcblue

Great stuff. To varying degrees depending on where in the ground you watch the game, it would be good for the stewards to have a read of this, too
(No subject) on 14:43 - Aug 31 with 1440 viewsSteve_M

"We must stop treating fans as the enemy." on 14:38 - Aug 31 by tcblue

Great stuff. To varying degrees depending on where in the ground you watch the game, it would be good for the stewards to have a read of this, too

Or have someone read it aloud to them in some cases.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2017 14:57]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

"We must stop treating fans as the enemy." on 14:45 - Aug 31 with 1436 viewsStenvict

I've always wondered what would happen if a player actually grabbed a fan away from a steward/police officer and helped the fan get back into the ground? Could the player get arrested themselves in the middle of a game?

I think Anthony Wordsworth pushed a fan back into the crowd away to Watford after he scored a few years ago when we lost 3-1.

Poll: What will be announced first?

"We must stop treating fans as the enemy." on 17:47 - Aug 31 with 1318 viewsBergholtBru

Treat fans like animals and that is exactly how they will behave.

Offended you I have. A sh@t I do not give.
Poll: EU Referendum. What are your voting intentions at present?

"We must stop treating fans as the enemy." on 17:53 - Aug 31 with 1303 viewsm14_blue

Fantastic article.
"We must stop treating fans as the enemy." on 18:01 - Aug 31 with 1282 viewsTractorWood

Good article. When I saw Aguero go over I knew there would be an autopsy into the conduct of the stewards etc. Long overdue.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

"We must stop treating fans as the enemy." on 18:12 - Aug 31 with 1258 viewsJakeITFC

This should surely include the herding of fans from train station to ground, the inability to go about your business in a town or city because your football team has a game there and the locking of fans into a ground well after the game is finished.

Football fans are not criminals, but we have been treated as such far too much for the whole of my life.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024