Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
*Deep sigh* 15:35 - Nov 24 with 2226 viewsSteve_M

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/24/new-york-woman-shot-dead-hunter-

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

*Deep sigh* on 15:44 - Nov 24 with 2186 viewsGlasgowBlue

Has anyone heard from Sprucey today?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

*Deep sigh* on 16:42 - Nov 24 with 2118 viewsfactual_blue

Did he think she was a deer with a red hat, perhaps? Or a large flesh-coloured squirrel?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

*Deep sigh* on 17:05 - Nov 24 with 2101 viewsGuthrum

If he shot her with a pistol, that must have been at fairly close range (they rapidly lose accuracy beyond about 25 metres, whatever you may see in the movies).

It's also not the logical weapon to hunt deer, the projectile being large, but relatively slow-moving and, as before stated, not very accurate (short barrel, low charge). Penetration is not so good as a rifle, nor does it have the spread of a shotgun.

Something odd going on there.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

*Deep sigh* on 17:49 - Nov 24 with 2063 viewsSwansea_Blue

*Deep sigh* on 17:05 - Nov 24 by Guthrum

If he shot her with a pistol, that must have been at fairly close range (they rapidly lose accuracy beyond about 25 metres, whatever you may see in the movies).

It's also not the logical weapon to hunt deer, the projectile being large, but relatively slow-moving and, as before stated, not very accurate (short barrel, low charge). Penetration is not so good as a rifle, nor does it have the spread of a shotgun.

Also weird that the gunman hasn't been charged for illegally hunting (yet). Yes, maybe there's more to this.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

*Deep sigh* on 18:16 - Nov 24 with 2044 viewsElderGrizzly

I was in the mountains in Virginia last week and had to wear an orange cap to try and stop this happening. 1st day of rifle hunting season that day. 🙄
*Deep sigh* on 18:46 - Nov 24 with 2020 viewsSwansea_Blue

*Deep sigh* on 18:16 - Nov 24 by ElderGrizzly

I was in the mountains in Virginia last week and had to wear an orange cap to try and stop this happening. 1st day of rifle hunting season that day. 🙄

Yep, first rule of stepping outside in hunting season it to wear dayglow range. Hunters are supposed to wear orange too; i'd have thought it would scare the deer, but they can't see orange apparently (dull fact of the day). Not sure about Moose's colour vision though.

I'm using our 05-06 away top for running. The 14-15 away shirt would be the ultimate hunter-proof top.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

*Deep sigh* on 12:51 - Nov 25 with 1877 viewsBackToRussia

*Deep sigh* on 17:49 - Nov 24 by Swansea_Blue

Also weird that the gunman hasn't been charged for illegally hunting (yet). Yes, maybe there's more to this.

Um yes exactly what's there to investigate?
[Post edited 25 Nov 2017 12:51]

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

*Deep sigh* on 14:53 - Nov 25 with 1803 viewsstickymockwell

*Deep sigh* on 17:05 - Nov 24 by Guthrum

That reminds me, how is Mrs Guthrum after that pistol incident?

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024