Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nigel Adkins new Hull City manager 08:21 - Dec 7 with 3224 viewsbontcho

I think that rules him out of our job if we swap in the summer.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Nigel Adkins new Hull City manager on 08:22 - Dec 7 with 3215 viewsbontcho

And I think he would have been on ME's short list.. (sorry pressed early there)

Bulgarian penalty hero

Nigel Adkins new Hull City manager on 09:25 - Dec 7 with 3132 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

His star has fallen somewhat since he was (unfashionably) sacked at Southampton.. Though, however ruthless, now looks like a great decision for them.

I've always liked him and he comes across very well, but he's not stayed for much more than a season in his past 2 jobs.. That could also mean he'll be out of work in the Summer anyway given Hull's owners.
Nigel Adkins new Hull City manager on 09:35 - Dec 7 with 3119 viewschicoazul

It's a remote chance but if Mick doesnt stay then I really hope we do something weird and fantastic like hire I dunno, a young-ish but experienced Coach from a PL team or the Ostersunds guy.

It'll probably be Pulis though.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Nigel Adkins new Hull City manager on 10:58 - Dec 7 with 3053 viewsbontcho

Nigel Adkins new Hull City manager on 09:35 - Dec 7 by chicoazul

It's a remote chance but if Mick doesnt stay then I really hope we do something weird and fantastic like hire I dunno, a young-ish but experienced Coach from a PL team or the Ostersunds guy.

It'll probably be Pulis though.

Adkins fitted the Marcus Evans profile though. Unemployed, got promotion from the Championship in the past, won't require too huge a wage.

Bulgarian penalty hero

Nigel Adkins new Hull City manager on 11:12 - Dec 7 with 3031 viewsTLA

From the outside people must think we're strange, planning a change when we're scoring goals, just outside the playoffs and spending so little to do it.

I think the relationship with fans can't be fixed and it will happen, I just imagine that other clubs will be wondering what we're doing.
Nigel Adkins new Hull City manager on 11:20 - Dec 7 with 3016 viewschicoazul

Nigel Adkins new Hull City manager on 10:58 - Dec 7 by bontcho

Adkins fitted the Marcus Evans profile though. Unemployed, got promotion from the Championship in the past, won't require too huge a wage.

DEfinitely, although Mick is on a very good screw, someone ITK told me he is the highest paid Manager outside of parachute payment clubs.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Nigel Adkins new Hull City manager on 11:49 - Dec 7 with 2980 viewsWestSussexBlue

Nigel Adkins new Hull City manager on 09:25 - Dec 7 by King_of_Portman_Rd

His star has fallen somewhat since he was (unfashionably) sacked at Southampton.. Though, however ruthless, now looks like a great decision for them.

I've always liked him and he comes across very well, but he's not stayed for much more than a season in his past 2 jobs.. That could also mean he'll be out of work in the Summer anyway given Hull's owners.

Can’t stand the bloke. Pedals the same old drivel after every match whether won or lost.
Would not have fancied him here.
Nigel Adkins new Hull City manager on 12:24 - Dec 7 with 2924 viewsblueconscience

Nigel Adkins new Hull City manager on 11:12 - Dec 7 by TLA

From the outside people must think we're strange, planning a change when we're scoring goals, just outside the playoffs and spending so little to do it.

I think the relationship with fans can't be fixed and it will happen, I just imagine that other clubs will be wondering what we're doing.

They generally do think along those lines until their teams plays against us and they see the "football" we have had to endure for the last few years.

That is the general impression I get when I read through their forums after playing against us.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Login to get fewer ads

Nigel Adkins new Hull City manager on 12:55 - Dec 7 with 2875 viewsmonty_radio

Played in lower leagues; did well in managing lower leagues. Probably not given time he deserved higher up, but who is? He would not survive relegation and/or a poor start next season at Hull who, having for long been the answer to that famous question: name the two biggest cities who have never played in the top tier (Plymouth, being the other), now consider themselves a Premier outfit.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

A lot of our fans.... on 13:03 - Dec 7 with 2861 viewsBloots

...are wondering what we are doing to be fair.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Nigel Adkins new Hull City manager on 13:07 - Dec 7 with 2853 viewstheipswichman

Let's be honest the reason were planning a change is because mack mccithy has effectively confirmed he's leaving - What else was that dig after the forest game about? 'Remember, because I do' pretty much confirms he's leaving.

After seeing the improvement and how well he's built the squad this year i'd happily see him stay but it just won't happen so why not plan for the next one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024