Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do Chambers, Webster, Skuse, Waghorn, Connolly & Garner have that 19:05 - Dec 26 with 3615 viewsEly_Blue

Spence, Ward, Celina & Bru don’t have?

The above 6 would have all played all 90 minutes of all 5 games in 15 days if fit (I say that because of Skuse). Not one player amongst those 6 (7 if you were to include Knudsen) would have been “rested” because of the number of games yet they probably have the most involvement out of the whole team. Why oh why does MM insist on only “resting” certain players? Sears & Iorfa were atrocious today, neither is good enough to do the job that they are on the pitch for, Iawful is like bambi on ice and his skill moves only come off because he has no clue on where the ball is and it’s more luck than anything else. As for Sears well he certainly isn’t a striker, he never looks a threat, he’s not direct in anyway, when going forward he looks lost and devoid of what to do with the ball.
I am not also sure why people were wetting their pants on RS over Bishop either, yes I know he’s been injured for so long but man he was like he was in another game for the first 30minutes today, chasing shadows and he couldn’t get near the ball, yes he made a couple of runs but they were down blind alleyways one of which he was lucky to get a free kick from when he wasn’t touched.

IIRC most teams, players and managers would happily keep the same team together when they have been playin* well and I can’t exactly imagine Celina had been knocking on MMs door saying “please boss don’t play me against QPR as I’m tired”

Grrrr so so frustrating after recent home performances

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

What do Chambers, Webster, Skuse, Waghorn, Connolly & Garner have that on 19:07 - Dec 26 with 3586 viewsHerbivore

All teams will be rotating their squads over the Xmas and new year period.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What do Chambers, Webster, Skuse, Waghorn, Connolly & Garner have that on 19:10 - Dec 26 with 3566 viewsEly_Blue

What do Chambers, Webster, Skuse, Waghorn, Connolly & Garner have that on 19:07 - Dec 26 by Herbivore

I am sure that is the case but that doesn’t answer my initial question, I lay you £5 that the ones mentioned don’t get rested

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

What do Chambers, Webster, Skuse, Waghorn, Connolly & Garner have that on 19:12 - Dec 26 with 3561 viewsArnieM

Maybe McCarthy should be rotating a couple of players at a time, but rotating more frequently over the busier periods. Less wholesale disruption to the “ team” ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

What do Chambers, Webster, Skuse, Waghorn, Connolly & Garner have that on 19:14 - Dec 26 with 3551 viewsHerbivore

What do Chambers, Webster, Skuse, Waghorn, Connolly & Garner have that on 19:10 - Dec 26 by Ely_Blue

I am sure that is the case but that doesn’t answer my initial question, I lay you £5 that the ones mentioned don’t get rested

Some players are more able to cope with the demands of playing in a physical league game after game. Connolly would be given a rest for sure if we actually had any other fit midfielders. Centre backs cover less ground generally than other outfield players so are less likely to need a rest. The likes of Skuse, Garner and Waghorn are experience, battle hardened pros unlike those who have been rested. There's no great mystery to it.

What do Chambers, Webster, Skuse, Waghorn, Connolly & Garner have that on 19:36 - Dec 26 with 3492 viewshomer_123

What do Chambers, Webster, Skuse, Waghorn, Connolly & Garner have that on 19:07 - Dec 26 by Herbivore

So, does that mean we have to then?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

What do Chambers, Webster, Skuse, Waghorn, Connolly & Garner have that on 20:04 - Dec 26 with 3430 viewshomer_123

What do Chambers, Webster, Skuse, Waghorn, Connolly & Garner have that on 19:14 - Dec 26 by Herbivore

Some players are more able to cope with the demands of playing in a physical league game after game. Connolly would be given a rest for sure if we actually had any other fit midfielders. Centre backs cover less ground generally than other outfield players so are less likely to need a rest. The likes of Skuse, Garner and Waghorn are experience, battle hardened pros unlike those who have been rested. There's no great mystery to it.

There's no doubt that football at this level is played at a much higher tempo than years ago and I suspect players cover a lot more ground as well...however....very few teams can cope with changing 50% of their outfield players in one go.

What do Chambers, Webster, Skuse, Waghorn, Connolly & Garner have that on 20:07 - Dec 26 with 3419 viewsbraveblue

Spot on. Only certain players get tired. He really does talk rubbish. Appalling management today.
What do Chambers, Webster, Skuse, Waghorn, Connolly & Garner have that on 20:17 - Dec 26 with 3398 viewsericclacton

Larger penile.

Login to get fewer ads

What do Chambers, Webster, Skuse, Waghorn, Connolly & Garner have that on 20:27 - Dec 26 with 3370 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

What do Chambers, Webster, Skuse, Waghorn, Connolly & Garner have that on 19:10 - Dec 26 by Ely_Blue

Expect Waghorn and Garner will both be rested at some point

Connolly probably would but for a lack of cover, whereas the other 3 perform roles with less focus on stamina, so will probably be able to play each game

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

What do Chambers, Webster, Skuse, Waghorn, Connolly & Garner have that on 20:30 - Dec 26 with 3360 viewsHerbivore

What do Chambers, Webster, Skuse, Waghorn, Connolly & Garner have that on 20:04 - Dec 26 by homer_123

There's no doubt that football at this level is played at a much higher tempo than years ago and I suspect players cover a lot more ground as well...however....very few teams can cope with changing 50% of their outfield players in one go.

Knudsen was returning from injury and Didz has played most games this season. Of the other three changes, one was forced through injury. It's not like he stuck out a reserve side for the hell of it.

What do Chambers, Webster, Skuse, Waghorn, Connolly & Garner have that on 20:34 - Dec 26 with 3339 viewshomer_123

What do Chambers, Webster, Skuse, Waghorn, Connolly & Garner have that on 20:30 - Dec 26 by Herbivore

Knudsen was returning from injury and Didz has played most games this season. Of the other three changes, one was forced through injury. It's not like he stuck out a reserve side for the hell of it.

Given the importance of today's game, home against a team that we need to beat to show we might just be top six worthy, and he made 5 outfield changes......it's a big shout Herb. It didn't pay off.

Ollie set out QPR perfectly....as I said in my post, given the midfield injury list I'm not sure we could have done much better today.

What do Chambers, Webster, Skuse, Waghorn, Connolly & Garner have that on 22:47 - Dec 26 with 3121 viewsArnieM

What do Chambers, Webster, Skuse, Waghorn, Connolly & Garner have that on 20:30 - Dec 26 by Herbivore

They played like a reserve side.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

What do Chambers, Webster, Skuse, Waghorn, Connolly & Garner have that on 23:43 - Dec 26 with 3057 viewsGiveusaWave

What do Chambers, Webster, Skuse, Waghorn, Connolly & Garner have that on 22:47 - Dec 26 by ArnieM

They played like a reserve side.

One of our defenders today reminded me YET AGAIN of Sunday League....seems as if he has no idea where the ball is....

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024