Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Year. New Me. 14:08 - Dec 31 with 1552 viewsTIB

It’s that time of the year when you see a thousand and one status’ from folk claiming they’re going to do this and that in the new year. TWTD wise though, who’s got any resolutions / aims for 2018?

I’ve got three at present.

1) Do more cardio in my gym work.
2) Less drinking in the week.
3) Visit at least two countries I’ve not been to.

I should also add that hopefully May time will see me nearing the launch of my beer company which was the reason behind the surveys I posted on here a few months back. Exciting times.

Here’s to 2018

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

New Year. New Me. on 15:57 - Dec 31 with 1495 viewsjeera

Get well.

Get a job.

Lose excess weight, which will probably be much easier once the first two are achieved.

Marry Keira Knightly.*

*other improbabilities are available.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

New Year. New Me. on 16:02 - Dec 31 with 1490 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

1) Sort me life out
2) Hit my first 9-darter (getting closer but still no cigar)
3) Join a Sunday footy team again

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

New Year. New Me. on 16:05 - Dec 31 with 1484 viewsBrixtonBlue

Hmm, I'm not sure how launching a beer company is going to work with number 2. Or indeed number 3. Actually number 1 might be difficult too.

In my experience, saying "do more" or "do less" of anything doesn't work. You need to be more specific than that. It's easy to kid yourself you're doing more or less of something.

In 2005 I had 3 new year's resolutions. Learn to drive, take up a martial art and quit my job and go to uni as a mature student. Did all 3. I feel like I need something equally as big this year...

Good luck, though.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

New Year. New Me. on 16:08 - Dec 31 with 1477 viewstextbackup

Finish my kitchen
Finish hallway
Finish garden
Finish living room
Work at work less (drop down the overtime) - that said I'm moving to a new role and seems to be unlimited OT... Still, make the money when young enough I guess

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

New Year. New Me. on 16:35 - Dec 31 with 1457 viewsjas0999

With you on number 2!
New Year. New Me. on 18:55 - Dec 31 with 1392 viewsNewcyBlue

I'm making SMART goals:

For January:

Lose 2kg in January
Decrease 5% body fat
Increase Muscle Mass
Run 5km in less than 30 minutes which at the moment I think would be a struggle, I'm not much of a runner.

Each month I will tailor my goals, as I'm doing 2 half marathons in September, the Great North Run, followed by the Great East Run a week later.

I'm going to record all my workouts and keep a food diary. Luckily I am going back to sea, my food options become seriously limited.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024