Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... 11:36 - Mar 29 with 2731 viewsITFC_Forever

Or else surely it would make sense to shake hands with Mick now and get the new guy in so he has a few games with the squad this season?

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 11:38 - Mar 29 with 2705 viewsKieran_Knows

From what has been reported, and what others have said on here, I honestly think Mowbray is the top target, or quite possibly the only person ME has in mind.

Know's we can't get him now (due to Blackburn being in with a chance of promotion), but may well be able to tempt TM regardless of whether they get promoted or not in the summer (hence why Mick is still here).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 11:38 - Mar 29 with 2691 viewsbluewein

Agreed. The prospect of that excites me a little as well. Means we could be looking for someone who is actually doing a decent job rather than someone on the scrap heap who's out of work.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 11:39 - Mar 29 with 2674 viewsGuthrum

Except you'd be paying the remainder of McCarthy's contract as well as the new bloke's salary (unless the former got himself a new job straight away).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 11:42 - Mar 29 with 2652 viewshype313

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 11:38 - Mar 29 by Kieran_Knows

From what has been reported, and what others have said on here, I honestly think Mowbray is the top target, or quite possibly the only person ME has in mind.

Know's we can't get him now (due to Blackburn being in with a chance of promotion), but may well be able to tempt TM regardless of whether they get promoted or not in the summer (hence why Mick is still here).

Trouble is if Mogga says he wants to wait until they have finished their business,if they go through the play offs, it could be mid may by the time he would be in a position to take something, not giving him too much time for pre season.

Also, he might then say no thanks if they offer him a shedload of cash to stay.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 11:45 - Mar 29 with 2629 viewsKieran_Knows

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 11:42 - Mar 29 by hype313

Trouble is if Mogga says he wants to wait until they have finished their business,if they go through the play offs, it could be mid may by the time he would be in a position to take something, not giving him too much time for pre season.

Also, he might then say no thanks if they offer him a shedload of cash to stay.

I can only presume that Evans will think given Mowbray's previous connections with the club, it'll be straightforward in prizing him away from Blackburn (as well as the fact we've tried to get him before).

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 11:47 - Mar 29 with 2611 viewshype313

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 11:45 - Mar 29 by Kieran_Knows

I can only presume that Evans will think given Mowbray's previous connections with the club, it'll be straightforward in prizing him away from Blackburn (as well as the fact we've tried to get him before).

Yep, Mogga I would presume would have given him the nod, but just to hang fire until he finishes his job up there.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 11:49 - Mar 29 with 2596 viewsKieran_Knows

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 11:47 - Mar 29 by hype313

Yep, Mogga I would presume would have given him the nod, but just to hang fire until he finishes his job up there.

.... hence Mick staying here until the summer.

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 11:50 - Mar 29 with 2581 viewsITFC_Forever

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 11:39 - Mar 29 by Guthrum

Except you'd be paying the remainder of McCarthy's contract as well as the new bloke's salary (unless the former got himself a new job straight away).

For the sake of a few weeks though, that's surely neither hear or there?

Login to get fewer ads

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 11:55 - Mar 29 with 2551 viewsGuthrum

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 11:50 - Mar 29 by ITFC_Forever

For the sake of a few weeks though, that's surely neither hear or there?

If he really is (as rumoured) on £20k a week, going through to the end of his contract on (probably) June 30th from now would cost over a quarter of a million.

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 11:56 - Mar 29 with 2540 viewsKieran_Knows

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 11:55 - Mar 29 by Guthrum

If he really is (as rumoured) on £20k a week, going through to the end of his contract on (probably) June 30th from now would cost over a quarter of a million.

Although a 'mutual' termination would surely mean a reduced settlement......?

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 11:58 - Mar 29 with 2521 viewsITFC_Forever

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 11:55 - Mar 29 by Guthrum

I guess so.

But that still seems daft to miss out on Warburton / McLaren (most likely free agents) as another club might snap them up and also denies them the opportunity to work with the squad in a few free-hit games.

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 11:58 - Mar 29 with 2514 viewsTownly

I'm quite keen that we don't get a manager from off the old merry-go-round, and McClaren heads this list.

Such an appointment might be safer during the time of turbulence at the change-over, but would be a poor choice in the long run, imo.

Such characters have inevitably built up a number of failures and subsequent sackings.

A more risky appointment of an up-and-coming might be better in the long run if it is the right man

Someone brought up Harry Kewell this mrning. That's the sort I'd prefer.

Out with the old, in with the new.
My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 11:59 - Mar 29 with 2512 viewsITFC_Forever

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 11:56 - Mar 29 by Kieran_Knows

If Mick doesn't agree to it and is happy to see his contract out, then it's not mutual.

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 11:59 - Mar 29 with 2517 viewsVic

I seem to remember someone from the club saying that when the announcement was made we'd understand why there was a delay.

That doesn't seem to have been cleared up yet, but a TM appointment would fit with that

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 12:00 - Mar 29 with 2502 viewsGuthrum

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 11:56 - Mar 29 by Kieran_Knows

Frequently not, but instead with limiting conditions, such as getting another job. After all, the club is effectively demanding to break the contract.

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 12:02 - Mar 29 with 2485 viewsGuthrum

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 11:59 - Mar 29 by ITFC_Forever

If Mick doesn't agree to it and is happy to see his contract out, then it's not mutual.

Indeed. McCarthy hasn't been sacked. Merely that the club is neither offering a new contract nor taking up the extension on the old one.

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 12:03 - Mar 29 with 2476 viewsKieran_Knows

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 11:59 - Mar 29 by ITFC_Forever

Obviously, but given they've 'mutually' agreed to part ways in the summer, does 8 games really make any difference?

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 12:03 - Mar 29 with 2462 viewsITFC_Forever

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 12:03 - Mar 29 by Kieran_Knows

Obviously, but given they've 'mutually' agreed to part ways in the summer, does 8 games really make any difference?

Couple of hundred thousand quid?

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 12:04 - Mar 29 with 2461 viewsGuthrum

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 11:58 - Mar 29 by ITFC_Forever

I guess so.

But that still seems daft to miss out on Warburton / McLaren (most likely free agents) as another club might snap them up and also denies them the opportunity to work with the squad in a few free-hit games.

I tend to think your suggestion in the title of the OP is correct, that it's someone currently in employment.

Indeed, if your mate is correct, it can't be either of those two.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2018 12:04]

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 12:04 - Mar 29 with 2456 viewsoneonmyknee

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 11:47 - Mar 29 by hype313

i do hope so
My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 12:04 - Mar 29 with 2452 viewsconnorscontract

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 11:59 - Mar 29 by Vic

I seem to remember someone from the club saying that when the announcement was made we'd understand why there was a delay.

That doesn't seem to have been cleared up yet, but a TM appointment would fit with that

So would appointing Steijn. I'm surprised he hasn't been mentioned more in the lists.
My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 12:06 - Mar 29 with 2427 viewsNo9

Take a look & see who you can spot in the directors box for the Millwall game
My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 12:12 - Mar 29 with 2386 viewsITFC_Forever

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 12:06 - Mar 29 by No9

No-one as I can't make that game....

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 13:55 - Mar 29 with 2239 viewsJimmyJazz

My hunch is that we'll be looking at a manager currently in a role.... on 12:06 - Mar 29 by No9

No one, because they'll be at their current club's game?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024