Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watch fans... 19:18 - May 26 with 2450 viewsTIB

I’ve had a Swiss Army watch for years, trust piece of gear, then my wife got me an Armani watch for a wedding present, nice bronze colour and good for a dinner out but today I decided to treat myself after a proper life changing / testing seven months.

Walking past my local jewellers I saw this Oris Clipperton sat there yesterday...tried it on...then left. Went home, couldn’t stop thinking about it and that brilliant blue face...so I decided to go back and buy it today. I’m not a watch person but felt being limited to 2000 pieces, automatic and Swiss made, it should still work and look good in 20 years and it’s something to pass on.

Just to clarify, this isn’t a “look at me” post but rather a post for those who like a watch and to break up the 1001 threads about managers

]

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Watch fans... on 19:25 - May 26 with 2428 viewsJ2BLUE

No doubt this was bought with profits from the Uzbekistan Premier League. Enjoy it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Watch fans... on 19:32 - May 26 with 2411 viewsWeekender

That’s a nice watch. I keep toying with buying an Oris. Don’t want to stretch to a Rolex or Omega and Oris seem well regarded.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Watch fans... on 19:51 - May 26 with 2392 viewsbluefunk

That’s a fine looking watch, Oris are a very good brand too.
Watch fans... on 19:58 - May 26 with 2386 viewsWD19

Watch fans... on 19:32 - May 26 by Weekender

That’s a nice watch. I keep toying with buying an Oris. Don’t want to stretch to a Rolex or Omega and Oris seem well regarded.

Jack Ross wears Oris.

Possibly.
Watch fans... on 21:31 - May 26 with 2346 viewsTIB

Watch fans... on 19:32 - May 26 by Weekender

I’m lucky to have Andrew Michaels on my doorstep, biggest Breitling retailer in Europe I believe and a huge selection of watches in general. Rolex a lot of wonga and not me, Omega nice but I wanted something a bit different and Oris ticked the box. Well regarded as you say and I liked the limited edition theme of the Clipperton.

Watch fans... on 00:01 - May 27 with 2265 viewsSonOfSpock

It's not a proper watch without mickey mouse on it.
Watch fans... on 07:16 - May 27 with 2183 viewsBurwell_Blue

With that Bezel matched to that bracelet it strikes me that it’s a watch that doesn’t quite know what it’s trying to be. I’m not a fan at all but nice one!
Watch fans... on 09:00 - May 27 with 2137 viewstcblue

Nice, looks lovely, watch guys love Oris. I've often toyed with getting one but have yet to take the plunge as I'm a little bit obsessed with trying to catch the waves of unloved pre-owned pieces, I've had a couple of relatively good wins over the past year, enough to put half required aside for my 'grail watch'.
Login to get fewer ads

Watch fans... on 09:08 - May 27 with 2129 viewsTIB

Watch fans... on 09:00 - May 27 by tcblue

Nice, looks lovely, watch guys love Oris. I've often toyed with getting one but have yet to take the plunge as I'm a little bit obsessed with trying to catch the waves of unloved pre-owned pieces, I've had a couple of relatively good wins over the past year, enough to put half required aside for my 'grail watch'.

What’s your grail watch TC? I know the jeweller at shop and he came out and offered me his year old Breitling Superocean for around the £2k mark...was tempting but the Oris was too nice to leave.

Watch fans... on 09:28 - May 27 with 2115 viewshampstead_blue

Nice watch.

Longine do a similar one with a nice blue face. Roughly the same price point as well.

Good choice.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Watch fans... on 09:37 - May 27 with 2101 viewsTIB

Watch fans... on 09:28 - May 27 by hampstead_blue

Nice watch.

Longine do a similar one with a nice blue face. Roughly the same price point as well.

Good choice.

Is that the Hydroconquest? They are a nice range, the blue and gold one I like a lot. I got mine for £1500 down from £1720 but imagine you could get a Hydroconquest for around £700.

Watch fans... on 10:37 - May 27 with 2077 viewstcblue

Watch fans... on 09:08 - May 27 by TIB

What’s your grail watch TC? I know the jeweller at shop and he came out and offered me his year old Breitling Superocean for around the £2k mark...was tempting but the Oris was too nice to leave.

Patek Nautilus. Such a cliché, I know.

Much as I don't like buying new I think you made the better choice, resale value aside.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024