Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just one more Centre Back... 12:08 - Aug 9 with 989 viewspointofblue

This is already the most exciting transfer window in years but if we can get one more centre back over the line as a permanent signing then it will the cherry on the cake. Not sure if we have enough funds to try and do this - though if we're still chasing Windass we clearly do - but another body at the back is needed.

Hopefully we'll be able to keep Knudsen and Garner too; I can understand us chasing Windass if the latter leaves.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Just one more Centre Back... on 12:13 - Aug 9 with 950 viewschicoazul

Not sure we need one. We have Chambers Nsiala and Woolfy, with Donacien and Knudsen who can go in there.

If anything and if it were possible i'd like to see us hang on to Jonas and Garner, move some people on - Spence, Adeyemi, Rowe - on a perm basis and get one or two of the young ones out on loan.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Just one more Centre Back... on 12:16 - Aug 9 with 926 viewstheinbetweener

Agreed, we do need another CB.

If Chambers gets injured and is out for 2-3 months we are left with only 2 natural CB's, one of which an academy graduate who's made only one Championship start (correct me if I'm wrong), and another who's untried/untested in the league.

Important that we bring in another body for this position IMO.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 12:18]
Just one more Centre Back... on 12:18 - Aug 9 with 904 viewsOsborneOneNil

Just one more Centre Back... on 12:13 - Aug 9 by chicoazul

Not sure we need one. We have Chambers Nsiala and Woolfy, with Donacien and Knudsen who can go in there.

If anything and if it were possible i'd like to see us hang on to Jonas and Garner, move some people on - Spence, Adeyemi, Rowe - on a perm basis and get one or two of the young ones out on loan.

I'd say we definitely need one. You have 2 senior CB's listed there, plus a youngster (who has done very well), then you name a couple of FB's who can 'cover'.

Not ideal.
Just one more Centre Back... on 12:19 - Aug 9 with 885 viewschicoazul

Just one more Centre Back... on 12:18 - Aug 9 by OsborneOneNil

I'd say we definitely need one. You have 2 senior CB's listed there, plus a youngster (who has done very well), then you name a couple of FB's who can 'cover'.

Not ideal.

It's not ideal no but Nsiala has clearly been brought in to be first choice, Chambers already is, and I am not sure we could or should be carrying another experienced CB who is a reserve.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Just one more Centre Back... on 12:23 - Aug 9 with 857 viewspointofblue

Just one more Centre Back... on 12:19 - Aug 9 by chicoazul

It's not ideal no but Nsiala has clearly been brought in to be first choice, Chambers already is, and I am not sure we could or should be carrying another experienced CB who is a reserve.

Bear in mind in 2016/2017 we had Berra, Chambers, Smith and Webster all vying for places - and if we lose Knudsen we'd have lost someone who can do a job in that position if needed, as I think I'm right in saying John, for example, is a left back only.

We've covered ourselves in every position on the pitch thanks to this window but we're still light in one position.

Just one more Centre Back... on 12:25 - Aug 9 with 827 viewsEly_Blue

Just one more Centre Back... on 12:23 - Aug 9 by pointofblue

Bear in mind in 2016/2017 we had Berra, Chambers, Smith and Webster all vying for places - and if we lose Knudsen we'd have lost someone who can do a job in that position if needed, as I think I'm right in saying John, for example, is a left back only.

We've covered ourselves in every position on the pitch thanks to this window but we're still light in one position.

You are forgetting that Trev can play at CB too

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Just one more Centre Back... on 12:32 - Aug 9 with 778 viewspointofblue

Just one more Centre Back... on 12:25 - Aug 9 by Ely_Blue

You are forgetting that Trev can play at CB too

IIRC he looked all at sea at centre back for England U19s over the summer; his preferred position is holding midfielder.

Just one more Centre Back... on 12:36 - Aug 9 with 746 viewswkj

I just can see us completing Tilt as the Oystons are being extra Oystony. I suspect we will loan a CB in at best.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024