Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
06/01/2007 Chester Away FA Cup 09:18 - Aug 30 with 998 viewsartsbossbeard

Twas the game where Magic took a liking to a young John Walters.

Great day out too. Got well looked after in the Chester Home Fans bar, stood on an old fashioned terrace and got incredibly bored with the football.

0-0, results fans.

Travelled with Blues legend, Flash as well. Gone but never ever forgotten. RIP.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

06/01/2007 Chester Away FA Cup on 09:24 - Aug 30 with 967 viewsitfcjoe

That was a dreadful game, in a stadium in the middle of nowhere.

We found a bowling alley for pre match drinks, ended up with a couple of hundred Ipswich in there scouting at the TV as Norwich were on Sky whilst kids parties were going on around us.

I could barely tell you one thing that happened in the match though!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

06/01/2007 Chester Away FA Cup on 09:30 - Aug 30 with 942 viewsFacefacts

Yes found a nice pub before the game. Roberto Martinez the Belgium manager was playing for Chester too. Actually we were lucky to get a draw, Walters missed at least one good chance to score.
06/01/2007 Chester Away FA Cup on 09:30 - Aug 30 with 945 viewsartsbossbeard

06/01/2007 Chester Away FA Cup on 09:24 - Aug 30 by itfcjoe

That was a dreadful game, in a stadium in the middle of nowhere.

We found a bowling alley for pre match drinks, ended up with a couple of hundred Ipswich in there scouting at the TV as Norwich were on Sky whilst kids parties were going on around us.

I could barely tell you one thing that happened in the match though!

A truly dreadful game of football!

Thankfully I wasn't the driver. We pulled up at the ground and asked the steward where we could park up locally and he jokingly replied "As long as you're not a bunch of mouthy southern pr1cks, you can park here and use the bar". Perfect!

As you say, Norwich game on Sky, pie & chips and some cheap lager.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

06/01/2007 Chester Away FA Cup on 09:33 - Aug 30 with 929 viewsITFC_Forever

I went there about 12-13 years before....

Mate at uni was a Hull fan, so we'd go to the games of each other's team that were within striking distance of uni.

So we went to Chester v Hull in the FA Cup round 2 (or 1, I forget now). Chester won 2-0, Hull were crap and Chester had an annoying twit on a drum that didn't stop for the whole game.

Also went to Shrewsbury v Hull at Gay Meadow, that was a great game. Hull were 2-0 up and cruising, Shrews battled back to 2-2, only for Hull to score in the last minute after a low cross dribbled across the six-yard box, a Shrews defender had almighty swing and a miss at the ball, leaving a Hull player with a tap-in, all in front of us in the away end.
Had a massive hangover I seem to remember from the night before.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

06/01/2007 Chester Away FA Cup on 09:48 - Aug 30 with 878 viewstextbackup

I might be wrong, but didn’t both CBS for us that day take a liking to JW and told Jum to get him?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

06/01/2007 Chester Away FA Cup on 09:50 - Aug 30 with 862 viewsartsbossbeard

06/01/2007 Chester Away FA Cup on 09:48 - Aug 30 by textbackup

I might be wrong, but didn’t both CBS for us that day take a liking to JW and told Jum to get him?

I think you might well be correct.

I don't actually recall him having a stand out game in what was one hell of a drab affair. The pre match drinks may have played a part in my memory lapse, in fairness.

06/01/2007 Chester Away FA Cup on 09:53 - Aug 30 with 844 viewsSwansea_Blue

06/01/2007 Chester Away FA Cup on 09:33 - Aug 30 by ITFC_Forever

I went there about 12-13 years before....

Mate at uni was a Hull fan, so we'd go to the games of each other's team that were within striking distance of uni.

So we went to Chester v Hull in the FA Cup round 2 (or 1, I forget now). Chester won 2-0, Hull were crap and Chester had an annoying twit on a drum that didn't stop for the whole game.

Also went to Shrewsbury v Hull at Gay Meadow, that was a great game. Hull were 2-0 up and cruising, Shrews battled back to 2-2, only for Hull to score in the last minute after a low cross dribbled across the six-yard box, a Shrews defender had almighty swing and a miss at the ball, leaving a Hull player with a tap-in, all in front of us in the away end.
Had a massive hangover I seem to remember from the night before.

I used to live up near Chester until 2005; went loads of times. It was my local footie fix. It was either them or Wrexham when we weren't playing in the north west or midlands.

'Great' (in the old school sense) little stadium back in the day. They were in hell of a mess financially though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024