Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goals? Just don't see any goals in this side at all...major problem! 15:08 - Sep 2 with 1125 viewsN2_Blue

I see a lot of posters stating that things will improve once players gel and we need to give it time. In part I agree but I just think we are going to be woefully short of goals and i think that's what could lead to us looking nervously over our shoulder at L1

Harrison and Jackson just look out of their depth. Jackson was hardly prolific in L2 last season a reasonable return sure but I should think 50% of his goals were just down to pace and not a lot else. That alone won't be enough in this division.

Look at Kiefer Moore, out of his depth in this division but scores for fun in L1, that shows the difference. We have sold goals, yes we may have had to sell those players but to not have bought a player who has scored goals at this level is very risky! Buying a lower league punt is usually a good plan when you have at least one proven striker on your books.

At least the signing of Walters may help, but relaying on a loan player of 34 years of age is all a bit depressing and smacks of...'oh crap this isn't going right, what can we do at the last minute to try fix this?'
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 17:18]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Goals? Just don't see any goals in this side at all...major problem! on 15:12 - Sep 2 with 1095 viewsTractorWood

Sadly agree on Harrison and Jackson. There is lots of effort from both but in a handful of touches from Walters you realise why you need quality up front. Not saying they'll never make it but they probably need more time at a lower standard to develop.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Goals? Just don't see any goals in this side at all...major problem! on 15:15 - Sep 2 with 1084 viewsjudespiveyg

I didn't think Jackson had a bad game today, both Hanley and Klose are slow and cumbersome and didn't look comfortable with his ace. That being said, didn't have a clear chance today.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Goals? Just don't see any goals in this side at all...major problem! on 17:07 - Sep 2 with 985 viewsRegencyBlue

Goals are certainly a problem at the moment.

We had Norwich penned back for a good twenty minutes in the second half but couldn’t score a second to kill them off. As a result the inevitable equaliser was conceded.

Walters should help but he’s not going to be able to do it all himself!
Goals? Just don't see any goals in this side at all...major problem! on 17:20 - Sep 2 with 949 viewsDublinBlue84

Goals? Just don't see any goals in this side at all...major problem! on 15:12 - Sep 2 by TractorWood

Sadly agree on Harrison and Jackson. There is lots of effort from both but in a handful of touches from Walters you realise why you need quality up front. Not saying they'll never make it but they probably need more time at a lower standard to develop.

Unfortunately I'm struggling to see what is so good about Harrison and Jackson at this point, both of them don't look up to the standard for this division so far, sure maybe they will prove me wrong, but they just don't look like Championship players for me and don't look like scoring at all.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Goals? Just don't see any goals in this side at all...major problem! on 17:26 - Sep 2 with 938 viewsN2_Blue

Goals? Just don't see any goals in this side at all...major problem! on 17:20 - Sep 2 by DublinBlue84

Unfortunately I'm struggling to see what is so good about Harrison and Jackson at this point, both of them don't look up to the standard for this division so far, sure maybe they will prove me wrong, but they just don't look like Championship players for me and don't look like scoring at all.

I so want to be proved wrong by Harrison and Jackson, but they just don't look quite right at this level currently. I really hope it's down to how we are playing and they come good but definitely big cause for concern at the moment.

I'd probably start Morris or at least give him a good run out....oh wait we've shipped him out on loan! I know he needs football but it's not a decision i would have made until our signings had proved themselves. Would have made sense in January for the 2nd half of season if the current strikers were doing the job.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Goals? Just don't see any goals in this side at all...major problem! on 17:51 - Sep 2 with 889 viewsPositivelyPortman

Grossly unfair on our strikers. If the midfield aren’t providing a service, then you can’t score.
This situation will improve if and when the likes of Huws, Dozzell, Bishop (if his mum lets him out) and even Adeyemi!

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024