Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting article on the increasing strength of hurricanes 09:22 - Oct 11 with 1194 viewsStokieBlue

It's the Guardian so a bit low on the actual science but still a nice overview:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/sep/15/hurricane-category-6-this-is-how

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Interesting article on the increasing strength of hurricanes on 09:37 - Oct 11 with 1170 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not a hurricane, but we were caught under the bomb cyclone to hit the NE States earlier this year (on the second figure in this article we were right under the area showing the highest snowfall). https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2018/1/3/16845048/winter-storm-2018-bomb- They do proper storms over there.

And of course, scientists have been predicted increased extremes and variability in weather as a consequence of climate change for many years now but still aren't taken as seriously as they should be.

Awesome stuff really. I'm always fascinated by the power in nature and can't imagine what a cat 6 hurricane would look like. Sustained winds over 200 mph - wow!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Interesting article on the increasing strength of hurricanes on 09:45 - Oct 11 with 1161 viewschicoazul

I was kind of interested in what I would do in the event of a natural disaster like this happening where I live (I live near Chelmsford so pretty unlikely) and promptly disappeared down the Survivalist rabbit hole on Youtube, and now I know the difference between 9mm and.22 ammo and am planning on renting a unit to put a 72 hour cache in.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Interesting article on the increasing strength of hurricanes on 09:47 - Oct 11 with 1157 viewsSwansea_Blue

Interesting article on the increasing strength of hurricanes on 09:45 - Oct 11 by chicoazul

I was kind of interested in what I would do in the event of a natural disaster like this happening where I live (I live near Chelmsford so pretty unlikely) and promptly disappeared down the Survivalist rabbit hole on Youtube, and now I know the difference between 9mm and.22 ammo and am planning on renting a unit to put a 72 hour cache in.

Mid Essex being a well-known hurricane corridor and all that. You can never be too careful though.

Interesting article on the increasing strength of hurricanes on 09:53 - Oct 11 with 1147 viewschicoazul

Interesting article on the increasing strength of hurricanes on 09:47 - Oct 11 by Swansea_Blue

Mid Essex being a well-known hurricane corridor and all that. You can never be too careful though.

When SHTF and you need to BO then preparedness is the key!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Interesting article on the increasing strength of hurricanes on 10:11 - Oct 11 with 1119 viewsNo9

Interesting article on the increasing strength of hurricanes on 09:45 - Oct 11 by chicoazul

If they start fracking in your area, & you may never know where, your house may disappear down something a bit bigger than a rabbit hole -?
Interesting article on the increasing strength of hurricanes on 10:41 - Oct 11 with 1097 viewsGeoffSentence

Applying Betteridge's law, we won't be seeing cat 6 hurricanes

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Interesting article on the increasing strength of hurricanes on 10:50 - Oct 11 with 1092 viewscaught-in-limbo

Today's message from The Guardian:

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Interesting article on the increasing strength of hurricanes on 10:55 - Oct 11 with 1082 viewsStokieBlue

Interesting article on the increasing strength of hurricanes on 10:50 - Oct 11 by caught-in-limbo

Today's message from The Guardian:

Or drink kombucha. I like the comments calling out the Guardian as a yuppie paper.

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2018/oct/11/kombucha-can-the-fermented-drink-co

SB

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting article on the increasing strength of hurricanes on 11:10 - Oct 11 with 1068 viewsGuthrum

Interesting article on the increasing strength of hurricanes on 09:47 - Oct 11 by Swansea_Blue

It is a significant earthquake zone, tho: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1884_Colchester_earthquake

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Interesting article on the increasing strength of hurricanes on 11:13 - Oct 11 with 1062 viewsSwansea_Blue

Interesting article on the increasing strength of hurricanes on 11:10 - Oct 11 by Guthrum

It is a significant earthquake zone, tho: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1884_Colchester_earthquake

Get that shelter up Chico!

Interesting article on the increasing strength of hurricanes on 11:16 - Oct 11 with 1057 viewsStokieBlue

Interesting article on the increasing strength of hurricanes on 11:10 - Oct 11 by Guthrum

Significant is stretching it a bit! :)

The north sea seems to be the main area for larger quakes, although I never realised there was one this big in the UK:

1508:

"Felt in England and Scotland. Recent studies suggest that this earthquake may have been as large as magnitude 7.0, with the epicentre northwest of Scotland."

SB

Interesting article on the increasing strength of hurricanes on 12:03 - Oct 11 with 1031 viewschicoazul

Interesting article on the increasing strength of hurricanes on 11:13 - Oct 11 by Swansea_Blue

Get that shelter up Chico!

You can buy in my brother and I will give you the bug out shelter address, the cost is 3 lbs of gold bullion a sack of powdered egg and 100 shotgun cartridges.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024