Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's it going to cost ME now to fix this? 10:17 - Oct 25 with 1129 viewsBent_double

He clearly saw the departure of MM, TC and at least 3 high-earning players as a way to reduce operating costs further, in order to lower how much he has to put in every year.

He - or his management team - must have sat down at the start of the season and come up with all kinds of possible scenarios as the season unfolded, all the way from top of the league after 15 games (lol!), to where we are now, with an action plan in place for all of them.

So what are ME's options now?

1) Sell-up is the obvious one, he has failed at running a football club and should be thinking of cutting his losses. Surely that's what a good business person does?

2) Replace Hurst and Doig now and prepare to invest heavily in January - the worst possible time - and by heavily I mean £10m-£20m for 2, 3 or 4 quality players to try and keep us in the division. Although where they come from and how they can be persuaded to come to us I don't know.

3) Keep calm and carry on....all the way into L1 - and hope that the fans stay and that Hurst really is a good L1 manager.

I don't blame ME for wanting to run a tight ship/balance the books, but it's now going to cost him upto £20m on a yearly basis if he really wants to keep us towards the top end of the Championship with a chance of promotion, in my opinion.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

What's it going to cost ME now to fix this? on 10:24 - Oct 25 with 1095 viewsElderGrizzly

He or any other new owner can’t put in £20m a season even if he wanted to. We’d be docked up to 21 points under new FFP rules introduced this summer and be under a transfer embargo, so couldn’t spend even on loans.

A drop to L1 means a cap on our salary budget of 60% of turnover, so again not a viable option for Evans or us.

So not many options really. Why we and other clubs our size are screwed
[Post edited 25 Oct 2018 10:24]
What's it going to cost ME now to fix this? on 11:00 - Oct 25 with 1021 viewsWestSussexBlue

Sorry did you say invest £10-£20 million in January???
This is ME. Unlikely to invest £1 million in January.
What's it going to cost ME now to fix this? on 11:06 - Oct 25 with 993 viewsBent_double

What's it going to cost ME now to fix this? on 11:00 - Oct 25 by WestSussexBlue

I only mention it as an option, didn't say he would!

Of course he won't (can't) do it, just trying to work out what his options are really.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

What's it going to cost ME now to fix this? on 12:42 - Oct 25 with 884 viewsjrobot

What's it going to cost ME now to fix this? on 11:00 - Oct 25 by WestSussexBlue

This is ME. Unlikely to invest £1 in January.

Fixed that for you.
What's it going to cost ME now to fix this? on 13:01 - Oct 25 with 849 viewsblueconscience

What's it going to cost ME now to fix this? on 10:24 - Oct 25 by ElderGrizzly

He or any other new owner can’t put in £20m a season even if he wanted to. We’d be docked up to 21 points under new FFP rules introduced this summer and be under a transfer embargo, so couldn’t spend even on loans.

A drop to L1 means a cap on our salary budget of 60% of turnover, so again not a viable option for Evans or us.

Like all the other clubs being docked points for ignoring ffp?
[Post edited 25 Oct 2018 13:01]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

What's it going to cost ME now to fix this? on 13:06 - Oct 25 with 828 viewspablosturn

What's it going to cost ME now to fix this? on 10:24 - Oct 25 by ElderGrizzly

Sorry? An owner cannot put in £20m a season? But you can now lose £15m per season cant you??

And as someone has stated, why cant we flout the rules ala Derby, Birmingham, Forest, Leeds etc etc? Or am I missing something in a clever way they have got around the rules?

Happy to be educated!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024