Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My views on Hurst.. 11:46 - Oct 25 with 1069 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

1. I wanted him to succeed, and stuck with him. But I have reached the tipping point, seems no evidence that he can turn things around.

2. I do feel sorry for him, when he came to the club he probably didn't envisage losing Webster, Waghorn and Garner. Three key players. His dream job got a hell of a lot harder.

3. I can understand why he went for lower league players, as he needed numbers. Unfortunately is hasn't worked. A gamble that hasn't paid off.

Notwithstanding the above;

4. I was disappointed when he started to sideline the younger players, and ship the likes of Woolfenden out on loan.

5. The number of loans was a huge concern. It was cited as being a huge problem under Jewell, and alarm bells rang at that point.

6. Lack of any sort of plan. He came with a plan, and abandoned it straight away, ever since he has chopped and changed the squad with no apparent logic.

7. Rumours of his and CD's behaviour at the training ground. If these are true then its unacceptable and does not belong at ITFC.

8. Talking about major changes needed at the club, and not expanding on that. Starting to sound a lot like Roy Keane.

In summary, I have sympathy for the guy, but point 4-8 outweigh points 1-3 and he hasnt helped himself with his demeanour.

There appears to be no rationale for keeping him.

[Post edited 25 Oct 2018 11:47]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

My views on Hurst.. on 11:50 - Oct 25 with 1020 viewsTexaco73

I don't know about any of the training ground issues, but evidently whatever is happening there isn't working!

Agree with all the rest!
My views on Hurst.. on 11:59 - Oct 25 with 960 viewsJakeITFC

I think your sympathy on points 2 and 3 is perhaps misplaced - this is all his own doing, and I think he was massively misjudged both the scale of challenge here, and the jump in quality between Leagues 1/2 and the Championship.

It is a great shame, but he has probably relegated us so I don't feel too sorry for him.
My views on Hurst.. on 12:16 - Oct 25 with 896 viewsPilgrimblue

Well said MM. I agree with all your points and for me he's taken too long to sort it out and I still don't think he knows his best team.
It took him too long to
pick Sears
use 2 strikers
get Bart back
realise that his L 1/2 signings weren't good enough

ME needs to realise that any change should be seamless otherwise there'll be too much upheaval so Burley plus Nash etc would make sense at least until January, then see where we are.
My views on Hurst.. on 12:24 - Oct 25 with 855 viewsDennyx4

My views on Hurst.. on 11:59 - Oct 25 by JakeITFC

I think your sympathy on points 2 and 3 is perhaps misplaced - this is all his own doing, and I think he was massively misjudged both the scale of challenge here, and the jump in quality between Leagues 1/2 and the Championship.

It is a great shame, but he has probably relegated us so I don't feel too sorry for him.

I can understand where MM is coming from re needing numbers, we were horrifically short of first team squad/players, with a lot leaving prior to PH joining.

We really couldn't afford to lose further players, but was it necessary to raise funds to bring players in? Remember prior to Nsiala's signing, we only had Chambers as a recognised centre half.
My views on Hurst.. on 13:06 - Oct 25 with 750 viewsGarv

In fairness he is in a position to want to change things at the club. He's the sodding manager, he has that right. We aren't in that privileged position. You can't slate someone for saying he wants to make change, we have no idea what he wants to change!

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024