Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke fan's view of PL 09:31 - Oct 27 with 2232 viewsSWGF

A very nice bloke, came across very well. He understands football and has good contacts on the continent. He did okay in the short time he had there, considering what a mess we were. I actually think he would've kept us up if he'd have come in 4 months earlier. Some of our fans wish he was still here. He'll probably need time though, as your squad is probably as grumpy as ours at the mo. Genuinely lovely bloke though, I think.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Stoke fan's view of PL on 09:38 - Oct 27 with 2100 viewsMullet

Sounds identical to Harry's Stoke mate and looking at his interviews since, understandable. I guess we are unlikely to have many if any egos. Quite the opposite right now.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Stoke fan's view of PL on 11:38 - Oct 27 with 1807 viewsRyorry

" has good contacts on the continent."

I do like the sound of that, hope he'll be able to pick up a few good relative unknowns at bargain prices!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Stoke fan's view of PL on 11:44 - Oct 27 with 1769 viewsHerbivore

Stoke fan's view of PL on 11:38 - Oct 27 by Ryorry

I do like the sound of that, hope he'll be able to pick up a few good relative unknowns at bargain prices!

That would be ideal. One of the issues with Mick was his seeming reluctance to explore the European market where there are bargains to be had.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Stoke fan's view of PL on 11:52 - Oct 27 with 1733 viewsHennikerBlu

Agree, I think quite a few of us miss the Dutch connection or at least some technical ability type players, looking like they have 'time' on the ball and can pick a pass. Hopefully, it will come through the Academy and with the likes of Dozzell (who has shown flashes), but I do think we have to look in that area for a 'proven' player sooner rather than later, hopefully with set piece taking skills too as they have gone missing this season.
Stoke fan's view of PL on 11:58 - Oct 27 with 1685 viewsHennikerBlu

Stoke fan's view of PL on 11:44 - Oct 27 by Herbivore

That would be ideal. One of the issues with Mick was his seeming reluctance to explore the European market where there are bargains to be had.

Frightening really for what we have just spent on lower league players, to think what that money might have purchased us on the continent, especially for 'one or two' more technical players.
Stoke fan's view of PL on 11:59 - Oct 27 with 1673 viewsfooters

Stoke fan's view of PL on 11:44 - Oct 27 by Herbivore

Poor old Piotr Malarczyk. Still, was a nice gap year for him.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Stoke fan's view of PL on 12:00 - Oct 27 with 1662 viewsHerbivore

Stoke fan's view of PL on 11:58 - Oct 27 by HennikerBlu

Frightening really for what we have just spent on lower league players, to think what that money might have purchased us on the continent, especially for 'one or two' more technical players.

I still feel that a number of the signings will come good. Nolan could flourish under Lambert, whilst Jackson, Edwards and Donacien have a bit about them. That said a bit of quality from Europe would be nice too. I can see Lambert looking to that market.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Stoke fan's view of PL on 12:08 - Oct 27 with 1592 viewslinhdi

Stoke fan's view of PL on 11:59 - Oct 27 by footers

Poor old Piotr Malarczyk. Still, was a nice gap year for him.

I have his signed shirt from his last appearance, the red card at pompey!
Login to get fewer ads

Stoke fan's view of PL on 12:13 - Oct 27 with 1550 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"........relative unknowns......" move on from the Norwich era Ryorry!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Stoke fan's view of PL on 12:18 - Oct 27 with 1500 viewsjimmyvet

Stoke fan's view of PL on 12:00 - Oct 27 by Herbivore

I still feel that a number of the signings will come good. Nolan could flourish under Lambert, whilst Jackson, Edwards and Donacien have a bit about them. That said a bit of quality from Europe would be nice too. I can see Lambert looking to that market.

Yep agree with Nolan alongside an experienced operator I do think has the tools to do the job but he needs time and experience and a little quality beside him and I agree with the other 3 as well ...some potential but we desperately need an experienced striker and 3 or 4 core players that have some championship quality......all is not lost but a lot of work to do.
Stoke fan's view of PL on 12:26 - Oct 27 with 1431 viewsHennikerBlu

Stoke fan's view of PL on 12:00 - Oct 27 by Herbivore

I hope so, it will be interesting, Lambert was a quality midfielder and that may help our midfield no end.

Improve the formation and structure of the side and it will be interesting to see what happens. Plus possible/probable reinforcements in January.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024