Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wonderful but sort of heart breaking to see Paul Darrow on pointless 19:06 - Oct 27 with 5946 viewssparks

Might well be his first public appearance since a double leg amputation.

I expect disdain from the majority of twtdrs. But it brought a tear to my eye.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Wonderful but sort of heart breaking to see Paul Darrow on pointless on 19:08 - Oct 27 with 5929 viewsCoastalblue

I had to Google who he was, and then slapped my forehead when I realised.
Avon

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Wonderful but sort of heart breaking to see Paul Darrow on pointless on 19:20 - Oct 27 with 5870 viewsWicklowBlue

Wonderful but sort of heart breaking to see Paul Darrow on pointless on 19:08 - Oct 27 by Coastalblue

I had to Google who he was, and then slapped my forehead when I realised.
Avon

First I heard of this too! A quick google and believe this happened in 2015 and if Paul was alone that night he wouldn't have survived.

I was a huge fan of Blake 7 and was fascinated by Avon thought he had all the best lines. Still have all 4 Blake's 7 series, time to dust them off tonight.

Wonderful but sort of heart breaking to see Paul Darrow on pointless on 19:20 - Oct 27 with 5867 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

poor guy, why the amputations? Blakes Seven was great, loved the blonde Jenna.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Wonderful but sort of heart breaking to see Paul Darrow on pointless on 19:37 - Oct 27 with 5817 viewsmartinwellbourne

I was a big fan of the show, didn't realise this had happend to Paul.I was about 12 or so when Blake's 7 came out,it was such a different thing to Star Trek, so bleak but the wit of Avon and Vila in particular was beyond anything to this day.
Wonderful but sort of heart breaking to see Paul Darrow on pointless on 19:53 - Oct 27 with 5752 viewsjeera

Wonderful but sort of heart breaking to see Paul Darrow on pointless on 19:37 - Oct 27 by martinwellbourne

I was a big fan of the show, didn't realise this had happend to Paul.I was about 12 or so when Blake's 7 came out,it was such a different thing to Star Trek, so bleak but the wit of Avon and Vila in particular was beyond anything to this day.

Likewise. It was one of those programmes I was hooked on.

Some great sci-fi stuff around that era.

I was unaware of his situation too. I'll watch iplayer at some point.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 19:59]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Wonderful but sort of heart breaking to see Paul Darrow on pointless on 19:53 - Oct 27 with 5748 viewsjontysnut

Jacqueline Pearce, who played Servalan, passed away recently. I once saw her trying on shoes in Harrods , and I can't of anything more, well ....
Wonderful but sort of heart breaking to see Paul Darrow on pointless on 20:52 - Oct 27 with 5623 viewsLightningboy

That’s sad news..haven’t watched it yet,taped tonights episode,didn’t realise that had happened to Avon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024