Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich first XI 23:24 - Nov 11 with 3646 viewsTrequartista

Was wondering how much they cost, having been told that 12th place is a miracle on our budget, and with the exception of Klose, their first eleven doesn't cost that much more than ours. In fact they had two youths, two freebies and four players who all cost less than Kayden Jackson that could have been bought with the Waghorn money alone. The key difference is that they spend £1.5m on a Bundesliga player and we limit ourselves to one country in the world and spend £1.5 on a Third Division player. You see where the difference in quality is coming through.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2018 23:25]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Norwich first XI on 23:26 - Nov 11 with 3622 viewsLakeDistrictBlue

go and support them if you like them so much us proper fans are focussing on are relegation battle
Norwich first XI on 23:34 - Nov 11 with 3600 viewsGuthrum

I suspect they also have a manager capable of organising the team and coming up with effective tactics. Something we didn't possess until a week or two ago.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Norwich first XI on 23:36 - Nov 11 with 3585 viewsJ2BLUE

Link us to all the cheap quality Bundesliga talent you were calling for us to sign in the summer.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Norwich first XI on 23:41 - Nov 11 with 3579 viewsTrequartista

Norwich first XI on 23:34 - Nov 11 by Guthrum

I suspect they also have a manager capable of organising the team and coming up with effective tactics. Something we didn't possess until a week or two ago.

I was looking at the broader picture really. Up until they played us Farke looked like the one who didn't know what he was doing, now they are top. If Evans looks at the spending on their team as i have done, he must be wondering why all the managers (apart from 2014-15) he appoints cannot do something similar. I'm suggesting the answer is that the you get better quality for your money abroad if you have someone with the right contacts.

Norwich first XI on 23:45 - Nov 11 with 3545 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Norwich first XI on 23:41 - Nov 11 by Trequartista

I was looking at the broader picture really. Up until they played us Farke looked like the one who didn't know what he was doing, now they are top. If Evans looks at the spending on their team as i have done, he must be wondering why all the managers (apart from 2014-15) he appoints cannot do something similar. I'm suggesting the answer is that the you get better quality for your money abroad if you have someone with the right contacts.

Suggesting we exclude 2014-15 rather defeats your argument.

Let's see where they are at the end of May.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Norwich first XI on 23:47 - Nov 11 with 3546 viewsGuthrum

Norwich first XI on 23:41 - Nov 11 by Trequartista

Which has some truth to it (see also: Mahrez). It would be great if Lambert's experience of Continental football as a player means he has some useful contacts over there.

Norwich first XI on 23:48 - Nov 11 with 3532 viewsTrequartista

Norwich first XI on 23:36 - Nov 11 by J2BLUE

Link us to all the cheap quality Bundesliga talent you were calling for us to sign in the summer.

I don't know how that is relevant.

Norwich first XI on 23:52 - Nov 11 with 3526 viewsTrequartista

Norwich first XI on 23:45 - Nov 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

Suggesting we exclude 2014-15 rather defeats your argument.

Let's see where they are at the end of May.

Not really, he's been here 10 years. I accept Norwich almost certainly won't win the league and will do well to get a play-off place but that would easily outstrip 9 of our last 10 seasons.

Login to get fewer ads

Norwich first XI on 23:53 - Nov 11 with 3507 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Norwich first XI on 23:52 - Nov 11 by Trequartista

Not really, he's been here 10 years. I accept Norwich almost certainly won't win the league and will do well to get a play-off place but that would easily outstrip 9 of our last 10 seasons.

On the other hand, this season might just be their '2014-15' season.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Norwich first XI on 23:54 - Nov 11 with 3509 viewsTrequartista

Norwich first XI on 23:47 - Nov 11 by Guthrum

Which has some truth to it (see also: Mahrez). It would be great if Lambert's experience of Continental football as a player means he has some useful contacts over there.

Absolutely, but in our position, I accept we need a short term fix of experienced Premier League/Championship players to have a chance of staying up before going down the European route.

Norwich first XI on 23:59 - Nov 11 with 3483 viewsGuthrum

Norwich first XI on 23:54 - Nov 11 by Trequartista

Absolutely, but in our position, I accept we need a short term fix of experienced Premier League/Championship players to have a chance of staying up before going down the European route.

Indeed. These things also take time to establish. Even if the contacts already exist, they have to go out and do the game-watching and research to start finding the specific players we need.

Norwich first XI on 23:59 - Nov 11 with 3480 viewsTrequartista

Norwich first XI on 23:53 - Nov 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

On the other hand, this season might just be their '2014-15' season.

Let's hope so, i'd like to see 9 years of them struggling after a play-off failure to prove you right.

Norwich first XI on 00:02 - Nov 12 with 3461 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Norwich first XI on 23:59 - Nov 11 by Trequartista

Let's hope so, i'd like to see 9 years of them struggling after a play-off failure to prove you right.

We"ve 'only' had 3 years of struggle since ours.

Norwich first XI on 06:34 - Nov 12 with 3177 viewsdavblue

I was thinking last night that given the prices of English players we need to start looking abroad more. There’s more value there, whilst I don’t want a team full of foreign players we can get more bang for our buck.
Norwich first XI on 08:03 - Nov 12 with 3027 viewsSteve_M

Ah, yes this will be the same Norwich side that finished below us with a far bigger wage bill last season. How much are they paying Rhodes per week, you seem to have missed that one out?

They were hardly better than us in September but have had an excellent run of form since. It's also only November and their form is only a little better than where we were this time last season.

And, also, no one pretended 12th was a miracle. People, correctly, pointed out that we have a bottom third budget and that therefore expectations of the play-offs were way off.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

on 08:12 - Nov 12 with 3000 views_

Norwich first XI on 06:34 - Nov 12 by davblue

I was thinking last night that given the prices of English players we need to start looking abroad more. There’s more value there, whilst I don’t want a team full of foreign players we can get more bang for our buck.

Norwich first XI on 08:36 - Nov 12 with 2935 viewsSonOfSpock

on 08:12 - Nov 12 by _

I imagine that they'd just need a work permit signing off but would guess this will take some time to phase in whether it be football or otherwise.
Norwich first XI on 08:39 - Nov 12 with 2927 viewsSteve_M

on 08:12 - Nov 12 by _

There won't be a cap on overseas players. Not if the big clubs want to participate in European competition and, let's face it, the FA isn't going to stand up to them.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Norwich first XI on 10:11 - Nov 12 with 2789 viewsNo9

Norwich first XI on 23:36 - Nov 11 by J2BLUE

Out of the EU they won't be able to come
Norwich first XI on 10:15 - Nov 12 with 2780 viewsNo9

I get this from budgies- they reputedly spent £4.8 mn in the summer
Pukki was a free (what a bargain)
+ they have some loans

BUT & it's a BIG one, they have a football man doing the scouting

No jealousy, just how it is
Norwich first XI on 10:29 - Nov 12 with 2737 viewsElephantintheRoom

A interesting post - and given the deranged scum mentality of many on here guaranteed to get some hostile responses. How many Norwich fans expected anything other than a relegation scrap this season? How close their manager to the sack if he lost the derby? The key differences at Norwich are off the field. They have a football board and a football strategy. They have gone out of their way and suffered relegation to the doom of division 3 by doing the polar opposite of Town. They continue to do so. If Norwich had appointed Hurst they would have backed him and given him time, neither of which luxury did he have here. £1.5million on a 3rd division player is OK if it is on the right player. Nothing in Jackson's low scoring background suggested he was going to be an instant success. The suspicion remains that Hurst simply signed players he'd quite like at Shrewsbury. There was a tactic of buying from below - but no discernible strategy. There nobody at Portman Road above Lambert with any interest in football other than as an income stream. In recent years Evans has been reduced to promoting' the only area of growth in his business empire is at his football club'. The Sunday Times hack producing the fanciful rich list clearly believed it. But not many within Portman Road would.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Norwich first XI on 10:52 - Nov 12 with 2681 viewsGuthrum

Norwich first XI on 10:29 - Nov 12 by ElephantintheRoom

A interesting post - and given the deranged scum mentality of many on here guaranteed to get some hostile responses. How many Norwich fans expected anything other than a relegation scrap this season? How close their manager to the sack if he lost the derby? The key differences at Norwich are off the field. They have a football board and a football strategy. They have gone out of their way and suffered relegation to the doom of division 3 by doing the polar opposite of Town. They continue to do so. If Norwich had appointed Hurst they would have backed him and given him time, neither of which luxury did he have here. £1.5million on a 3rd division player is OK if it is on the right player. Nothing in Jackson's low scoring background suggested he was going to be an instant success. The suspicion remains that Hurst simply signed players he'd quite like at Shrewsbury. There was a tactic of buying from below - but no discernible strategy. There nobody at Portman Road above Lambert with any interest in football other than as an income stream. In recent years Evans has been reduced to promoting' the only area of growth in his business empire is at his football club'. The Sunday Times hack producing the fanciful rich list clearly believed it. But not many within Portman Road would.

Having had dealings with Philip Beresford, he is anything but a 'hack' and the Rich List is only 'fanciful' if you don't bother to read the introduction and understand what it is actually about.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024