Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Transfers 18:51 - Nov 29 with 4600 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Who do you sign?

Discuss.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

January Transfers on 18:51 - Nov 29 with 2934 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

John Ruddy on loan. ;-)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

on 18:52 - Nov 29 with 2924 views_

January Transfers on 18:52 - Nov 29 with 2921 viewsSpruceMoose

O'Hoolahan.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

January Transfers on 18:54 - Nov 29 with 2917 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

on 18:52 - Nov 29 by _

I like them shouts, Morrison from Birmingham? Looks like a leader and a rock every time I have seen him.

Everybody knows I'm a big fan of Chris Martin.

on 18:55 - Nov 29 with 2908 views_

January Transfers on 18:54 - Nov 29 by TheTrueBlue1878

I like them shouts, Morrison from Birmingham? Looks like a leader and a rock every time I have seen him.

Everybody knows I'm a big fan of Chris Martin.

January Transfers on 18:57 - Nov 29 with 2909 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

January Transfers on 18:51 - Nov 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

John Ruddy on loan. ;-)

Surely not, I think the slating of Bart for last night is ridiculous, an honest mistake, happens all the time, but he has been steady since his return to the team, and his save in the first half was outrageous.

Looks like Edun, Graham, Walters will all be gone and the Donacien situation sorted so we can loan in 3 players in January, don't think Ruddy or any goalkeeper would be top of my list.

January Transfers on 18:59 - Nov 29 with 2897 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

on 18:55 - Nov 29 by _

Both are Suffolk boys, Chris Martin from Beccles and Morrison from Bury St Edmunds.

Think Martin could do with a fresh start somewhere, where he is going to be the talisman/vocal point every week, think he thrives off that and hasn't had it since his Derby and Fulham time.

January Transfers on 19:00 - Nov 29 with 2891 viewsBloomBlue

We need a good championship level GK, Bart is making the whole defence nervous
Login to get fewer ads

January Transfers on 19:01 - Nov 29 with 2890 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

January Transfers on 18:57 - Nov 29 by TheTrueBlue1878

Surely not, I think the slating of Bart for last night is ridiculous, an honest mistake, happens all the time, but he has been steady since his return to the team, and his save in the first half was outrageous.

Looks like Edun, Graham, Walters will all be gone and the Donacien situation sorted so we can loan in 3 players in January, don't think Ruddy or any goalkeeper would be top of my list.

Regardless of last night, if we had the chance to get a keeper of Ruddys quality, we would be daft not to.

If last night was a one off for Bart, your point would be stronger.

All that said, I dont think we would be able to get Ruddy.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

January Transfers on 19:01 - Nov 29 with 2889 viewsANNA3ROA

January Transfers on 18:51 - Nov 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

John Ruddy on loan. ;-)

I hate to say it ......A NEW TEAM (No LOANS)
January Transfers on 19:03 - Nov 29 with 2865 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

January Transfers on 19:01 - Nov 29 by ANNA3ROA

I hate to say it ......A NEW TEAM (No LOANS)

The difficulty will be persuading GOOD players to sign for us on a permanent basis if we are bottom of the league.

Im not a massive fan of loans, but if the right player / character is available, then its not a bad option.

Think Bullard when he was on loan.

January Transfers on 19:04 - Nov 29 with 2859 viewsBasuco

January Transfers on 18:52 - Nov 29 by SpruceMoose

O'Hoolahan.

No more prem rejects please.
January Transfers on 19:05 - Nov 29 with 2851 viewsSuperfrans

We won’t sign any permanents, I don’t reckon. We’ll have no idea which division we’ll be in next season come January. I just can’t see us buying any players who we’ll be continuing to pay for next season. That would be nuts.

We’ll ship out all our loans and get in 4/5 to replace what we’ve got.

Pennington may survive the cull, but I don’t believe we can’t get a better central midfielder for our purposes than a 19yo who had never played a professional first team game before August. (That’s Chalobah, btw)

That will be the first check, I’m certain of it. Who, of our loans, could we replace with loans who are more suited to our needs right now.

And we’ll get in a centre half, central midfielder, centre forward and at least one full-back.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

on 19:06 - Nov 29 with 2845 views_

January Transfers on 18:59 - Nov 29 by TheTrueBlue1878

Both are Suffolk boys, Chris Martin from Beccles and Morrison from Bury St Edmunds.

Think Martin could do with a fresh start somewhere, where he is going to be the talisman/vocal point every week, think he thrives off that and hasn't had it since his Derby and Fulham time.

January Transfers on 19:07 - Nov 29 with 2849 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

January Transfers on 19:01 - Nov 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

Regardless of last night, if we had the chance to get a keeper of Ruddys quality, we would be daft not to.

If last night was a one off for Bart, your point would be stronger.

All that said, I dont think we would be able to get Ruddy.

Bart is making the defence nervous? I'm pretty sure its the other way round, I bet Bart is sh*tting himself every time opponents attack down the sides looking at whats in from of him.

He's having a lapse in confidence, but he's not letting in howler after howler, I can only think of Sheff Wed where he was at fault and last night.

Just because he's not having to make world class save after world class save doesn't mean he's underperforming, just means there is no as many shots coming in which he can save.

I don't see a difference between Ruddy and Bart.

January Transfers on 19:08 - Nov 29 with 2835 viewsSuperfrans

January Transfers on 19:03 - Nov 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

The difficulty will be persuading GOOD players to sign for us on a permanent basis if we are bottom of the league.

Im not a massive fan of loans, but if the right player / character is available, then its not a bad option.

Think Bullard when he was on loan.

I was thinking more a Walters (albeit less injury prone) for each position required.
Experienced, hair-arsed pros who know their way around the league and can pull us up by our balls.

At this stage, I wouldn’t knock Chris Martin, even though I hate the fella with a passion.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

January Transfers on 19:10 - Nov 29 with 2817 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

January Transfers on 19:05 - Nov 29 by Superfrans

We won’t sign any permanents, I don’t reckon. We’ll have no idea which division we’ll be in next season come January. I just can’t see us buying any players who we’ll be continuing to pay for next season. That would be nuts.

We’ll ship out all our loans and get in 4/5 to replace what we’ve got.

Pennington may survive the cull, but I don’t believe we can’t get a better central midfielder for our purposes than a 19yo who had never played a professional first team game before August. (That’s Chalobah, btw)

That will be the first check, I’m certain of it. Who, of our loans, could we replace with loans who are more suited to our needs right now.

And we’ll get in a centre half, central midfielder, centre forward and at least one full-back.

Chris Martin/Daryl Murphy/Peter Crouch - centre forward
Jacob Butterfield/Charlie Adam - centre midfielder
Michael Morrison/Nathan Baker - centre defender
Carl Jenkinson - right back

not sure what the Knudsen situation will be tbh, might leave January by which we will have to replace as and when.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2018 19:11]

January Transfers on 19:14 - Nov 29 with 2770 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

January Transfers on 19:07 - Nov 29 by TheTrueBlue1878

Bart is making the defence nervous? I'm pretty sure its the other way round, I bet Bart is sh*tting himself every time opponents attack down the sides looking at whats in from of him.

He's having a lapse in confidence, but he's not letting in howler after howler, I can only think of Sheff Wed where he was at fault and last night.

Just because he's not having to make world class save after world class save doesn't mean he's underperforming, just means there is no as many shots coming in which he can save.

I don't see a difference between Ruddy and Bart.

Think you're getting mixed up.

I never mentioned anything about nerves.

January Transfers on 19:17 - Nov 29 with 2748 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

January Transfers on 19:14 - Nov 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

Think you're getting mixed up.

I never mentioned anything about nerves.

Read what another poster said, then for some reason when I read yours I thought you had said it. Apologies.

on 19:18 - Nov 29 with 2739 views_

January Transfers on 19:10 - Nov 29 by TheTrueBlue1878

Chris Martin/Daryl Murphy/Peter Crouch - centre forward
Jacob Butterfield/Charlie Adam - centre midfielder
Michael Morrison/Nathan Baker - centre defender
Carl Jenkinson - right back

not sure what the Knudsen situation will be tbh, might leave January by which we will have to replace as and when.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2018 19:11]

January Transfers on 19:19 - Nov 29 with 2742 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

on 19:06 - Nov 29 by _

Well it says he was born Bury St on Wiki, but its more than likely he could have actually grown up in Haverhill, quite possibly moved house at an early age.

January Transfers on 19:20 - Nov 29 with 2733 viewsJ2BLUE

Nugent would be a great loan signing if we could get him. Been an unused sub three out of four of Derby's last four games. Other time he wasn't in the squad.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

on 19:20 - Nov 29 with 2729 views_

January Transfers on 19:19 - Nov 29 by TheTrueBlue1878

Well it says he was born Bury St on Wiki, but its more than likely he could have actually grown up in Haverhill, quite possibly moved house at an early age.

January Transfers on 19:21 - Nov 29 with 2729 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

January Transfers on 19:08 - Nov 29 by Superfrans

I was thinking more a Walters (albeit less injury prone) for each position required.
Experienced, hair-arsed pros who know their way around the league and can pull us up by our balls.

At this stage, I wouldn’t knock Chris Martin, even though I hate the fella with a passion.

Never hated him personally, in fact I quite like strikers of that ilc who wind the opposition up, i.e Chris Martin, Joey Garner, Grant Holt, Diego Costa, Mitrovic esc, adds a good edge to their play.

January Transfers on 19:21 - Nov 29 with 2727 viewsPecker

6 or 7 loan signing and spend big in the summer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024